Building my home in Fernandina - week 2

Closed Thread
Old 08-30-2012, 06:52 AM
Location: Brockton-Halifax-Marshfield, MA, Jacksonville, FL, Arlington, TX, Village of Fernandina
Default Building my home in Fernandina - week 2

Hi,

Week 2 pictures are posted. Not as dramatic as last week. You can see they sprayed that green stuff, the drywall is ready, put in some ductwork and the Lanai doors are in.

Go to my Page and you can view the pictures in my album.

Getting closer
Old 08-30-2012, 07:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Old 08-30-2012, 08:29 AM
Gold member
Location: Northfield IL, Tampa FL, Norway, Boynton Beach FL, Highland Park IL, Gilchrist soon!

OMG! That is SO exciting, and thank you for posting! I am coming next week for my design team meeting and will have to be an absentee owner, so it is very helpful to see your progress. Then all of us who cannot be there for their own builds can live vicariously through you! I will be on pins and needles until closing, so I truly appreciate seeing your build. Aren't you thrilled to see all the progress? How awesome for you both! Best of luck and I wish you good things for your future!

Wherever I am is where I'm supposed to be
Old 08-30-2012, 08:41 AM
Location: Brockton-Halifax-Marshfield, MA, Jacksonville, FL, Arlington, TX, Village of Fernandina
Default Thrilled beyond words

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodgirl View Post
OMG! That is SO exciting, and thank you for posting! I am coming next week for my design team meeting and will have to be an absentee owner, so it is very helpful to see your progress. Then all of us who cannot be there for their own builds can live vicariously through you! I will be on pins and needles until closing, so I truly appreciate seeing your build. Aren't you thrilled to see all the progress? How awesome for you both! Best of luck and I wish you good things for your future!
Thrilled doesn't even describe it. We've had a tough 5 years, but it's all coming back now. The circle of life, good times, bad times. We're ready for some good times now.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:59 PM

Exciting!! We close 10/16 so our build it close to your progress. What is the green stuff on interior walls??

Lou
Old 08-30-2012, 08:17 PM
Sage

termite spray
Old 08-31-2012, 08:47 AM

Kim & Al,
Thanks for posting the progress of your home. I can feel and share your excitement! This is just the start of a wonderful future in TV!

Rona
Old 08-31-2012, 10:16 AM
Veteran member
Location: Full Time in the Village of Gilchrist (aka Party Central)

Congrats on the build! My wife and I are building a Zinnia in Gilchrist and it appears that ours is about 1-2 weeks ahead of yours. You'll be amazed that the drywall will be up in a day or two and mudded in another 1-2 days. The speed of the builders down here is amazing. We're fortunate enough to be able to see the progress first hand like you and it's exciting. Hope your build goes as smooth as ours has so far!

Old 08-31-2012, 10:45 AM
Default Watching the house get built

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVMtnBoy View Post
Congrats on the build! My wife and I are building a Zinnia in Gilchrist and it appears that ours is about 1-2 weeks ahead of yours. You'll be amazed that the drywall will be up in a day or two and mudded in another 1-2 days. The speed of the builders down here is amazing. We're fortunate enough to be able to see the progress first hand like you and it's exciting. Hope your build goes as smooth as ours has so far!

I'm not there. My Salesman is sending me the pictures every week. I wish I could go everyday and see how it progresses each day. It is amazing how fast and efficient they are. It looks like they do a great job.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:50 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgentile1010 View Post
I'm not there. My Salesman is sending me the pictures every week. I wish I could go everyday and see how it progresses each day. It is amazing how fast and efficient they are. It looks like they do a great job.
That is so wonderful of your salesperson.....ours didn't do a thing while we were out of the area while our house was being built....she certainly isn't getting any recommendations from me.

But she did give us a bag with some nice pool towels in it after we closed.

Sterling, IL; Hunter's Creek, Orlando, FL; The Villages
Old 08-31-2012, 06:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

ours sent pics and still calls us to see how we are doing and when are we coming down. you have a good rep to send you pics

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.