Due diligence before you buy

Closed Thread
Old 05-18-2018, 09:21 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,572 Times in 1,748 Posts

I wonder what the average days on the market number for preowned homes in The Villages is for both the VLS and the MLS...

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 05-18-2018, 09:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
I wonder what the average days on the market number for preowned homes in The Villages is for both the VLS and the MLS systems...
One of our excellent neighbors who is a realtor, her name is Mary Grant, sold five homes in our neighborhood in less than thirty days. The Villages sold three rather quickly here too. This was a couple of months ago.
Old 05-18-2018, 09:26 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,572 Times in 1,748 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
One of our excellent neighbors who is a realtor, her name is Mary Grant, sold five homes in our neighborhood in less than thirty days. The Villages sold three rather quickly here too. This was a couple of months ago.
Now that is what I call a HOT market!

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 05-18-2018, 09:32 AM
Sage

Quote:
Now that is what I call a HOT market!
They may all be moving because I am annoying.

Just thought I'd say it first.
Old 05-18-2018, 09:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
They may all be moving because I am annoying.

Just thought I'd say it first.
Funny! But I doubt it......
Old 08-23-2018, 08:58 PM
Sage

An old thread. Few months back.

Watching all those new homes selling and only Villages sales reps able to sell them must make a lot of MLS folks feel left out.

We have a wonderful MLS realtor living in our Village and she is a very good at selling homes. Her name is Mary Grant. She sold five in our village this summer.

Our favorite Villages rep is Jim McLaughlin.

Our next door neighbor bought a lovely home in Fenney. I can see why. It is beautiful there.
Old 08-23-2018, 09:13 PM
Veteran member

We recently were in the market for a CYV in the north end. We picked out 3 properties over the course of 3 days A, B, C our first choice was A, when we wanted to make an offer we found A was sold then the same situation for B and C. finally property D which we had not considered before losing A, B or C was the one we decided to make an offer.............too late that was under under contract with the contingency the buyers had to sell their current home first. I was told I could make an offer when I arrived in Florida and the other buyer would have 24 hours to respond. WE did not have to sell any othe property to make the buy. Fortunately for us the other party could not complete the deal and we got a CYV we love in the area that was our first choice.
Old 08-24-2018, 08:47 AM
Veteran member

Caveat emptor.....
Old 08-24-2018, 10:20 AM
Soaring Eagle member

It is up to the buyer to due as much investigation as they want and to actually read all the documents before buying.
I know a woman who was buying a lot on a golf course. She spent a couple of hours sitting in the back yard to see what it would be like to live there. She bought one block in from the golf course.
Old 08-24-2018, 10:45 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Thanks for posting. Reminds me of music too.

I live in Lynnhaven and we can hear the train horns, toots and whistles. To me the sounds are lovely. When I hear them, invariably my mind hears Johnny Cash singing the lyrics “I hear the train a comin', it's rolling round the bend “. And it’s a very pleasant experience. In fact, I wish it sounded a little more frequently since I rarely hear the trains anymore. I must be used to them. Or could it be my hearing?

Other times it reminds me of the lyrics

One toke over the line sweet Jesus
One toke over the line
Sittin' downtown in a railway station
One toke over the line

Waitin' for the train that goes home, sweet Mary
Hopin' that the train is on time
One toke over the line

Here is a nice rendition – I especially enjoy the oxymoronic justapositional nature of this song choice-to-performance venue. Really Lawrence? LOL Holy Smokes!

One Toke Over The Line - Lawrence Welk - WTF! (1971) - YouTube

Hope you enjoyed this as much as I did.

Last edited by BK001; 08-24-2018 at 12:15 PM. Reason: after thought
Old 08-24-2018, 03:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
I wonder what the average days on the market number for preowned homes in The Villages is for both the VLS and the MLS...
We sold house #1 in 3 days, we bought house #3 first 3 hours on the market
Old 08-24-2018, 03:17 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,310 Times in 381 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
We sold house #1 in 3 days, we bought house #3 first 3 hours on the market
Asian..just curiois..why did you move?
Old 08-24-2018, 06:32 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK001 View Post
Thanks for posting. Reminds me of music too.

I live in Lynnhaven and we can hear the train horns, toots and whistles. To me the sounds are lovely. When I hear them, invariably my mind hears Johnny Cash singing the lyrics “I hear the train a comin', it's rolling round the bend “. And it’s a very pleasant experience. In fact, I wish it sounded a little more frequently since I rarely hear the trains anymore. I must be used to them. Or could it be my hearing?

Other times it reminds me of the lyrics

One toke over the line sweet Jesus
One toke over the line
One toke over the line

Waitin' for the train that goes home, sweet Mary
Hopin' that the train is on time
One toke over the line

Here is a nice rendition – I especially enjoy the oxymoronic justapositional nature of this song choice-to-performance venue. Really Lawrence? LOL Holy Smokes!

One Toke Over The Line - Lawrence Welk - WTF! (1971) - YouTube

Hope you enjoyed this as much as I did.

Loved the Welk video. Also love the sound of trains.
Old 08-25-2018, 07:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

The Villages salespeople must be doing a great job at pushing Fenney. I had a friend that I've known for years come down and visit and decide that they wanted to live here. They asked me all kinds of questions and I took them all over TV.

They asked about Fenney and I pointed out several reasons why I would never buy there. I got a call from him a few days later telling me that they bought in Fenney.

He told me how they explained how bridges would be built and the timetable for building them. They explained that plans were in the works for a new town square. He loved the view from the back of this particular house and he bought.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 08-25-2018, 08:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
The Villages salespeople must be doing a great job at pushing Fenney. I had a friend that I've known for years come down and visit and decide that they wanted to live here. They asked me all kinds of questions and I took them all over TV.

They asked about Fenney and I pointed out several reasons why I would never buy there. I got a call from him a few days later telling me that they bought in Fenney.

He told me how they explained how bridges would be built and the timetable for building them. They explained that plans were in the works for a new town square. He loved the view from the back of this particular house and he bought.
I never thought I would consider it either. In fact, when we bought in Dunedin that felt too far south to me. But it is really beautiful in the Fenney area and you get a lot of nice features in the new homes down there, especially for the price. I'm anxious to see in a year or so what the actual tax difference will be compared to the other parts of Sumter County.

I think in time that area of TV will be very desirable once the new town square is in place and the commercial area around it is built up. Heck, it's pretty hot right now - I can't believe how quickly it is moving along and how fast the houses are selling.

Best wishes to your friend. I'm sure you are happy he decided to become a Villager.
Closed Thread

Tags
nearby, complain, hearing, month, blast

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.