Duke Energy Path

Closed Thread
Old 07-15-2018, 08:01 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts
Default Duke Energy Path

Since I'm a Southern Boy (South of 466a), what is the status of the Duke Energy Path???

Who owns, Who maintain, Open for business??, Is there controlled access??
Old 07-15-2018, 08:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Hey ther Southerner, come on up and check it out for a spell. I did know the specifics on the technicalities but don’t want to say the wrong thing.

I can tell you that the ride from Coutry Club Hills Gate all the way to Walmart is beautiful Maximus. Clean, paved, even available garbage cans for those who are prone to littering. It has stopped most of them.

All that Hub Bub For NOTHING Bub!

By the way, it’s only good till dark and then Boooooo!

The controlled access is normally working but has been disassembled and broken by someone that was clearly caught on video. Works just like a car gate.
Old 07-15-2018, 08:37 AM
Veteran member

Used it Thursday, it is open and a little bumpy. Every now and then, there are people out collecting money to maintain the path. Last time I gave, they were Stonecresters that were collecting and maintaining.
Old 07-15-2018, 08:45 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring_chicken View Post
Used it Thursday, it is open and a little bumpy. Every now and then, there are people out collecting money to maintain the path. Last time I gave, they were Stonecresters that were collecting and maintaining.
Hello there you chicken. Did they mention why they were collecting money? I’ve only used it three times since the terrible part of the road was paved. what specific maintenance were they performing?
Old 07-15-2018, 09:12 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Hello there you chicken. Did they mention why they were collecting money? I’ve only used it three times since the terrible part of the road was paved. what specific maintenance were they performing?
I'm referring to the Duke Energy path. None of that is paved. This is the path that runs between Aldi and Walmart. The Stonecresters have maintained that path for a couple years now. Buying gravel, raking, trying to control the potholes...
Old 07-15-2018, 01:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Hey ther Southerner, come on up and check it out for a spell. I did know the specifics on the technicalities but don’t want to say the wrong thing.

I can tell you that the ride from Coutry Club Hills Gate all the way to Walmart is beautiful Maximus. Clean, paved, even available garbage cans for those who are prone to littering. It has stopped most of them.

All that Hub Bub For NOTHING Bub!

By the way, it’s only good till dark and then Boooooo!

The controlled access is normally working but has been disassembled and broken by someone that was clearly caught on video. Works just like a car gate.
Every time I cross the Northern Yankee Line into the Historical Villages, my Bride gets mad at me for trying to catch some air going over the 441 bridge.

Old 07-15-2018, 03:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Every time I cross the Northern Yankee Line into the Historical Villages, my Bride gets mad at me for trying to catch some air going over the 441 bridge.

There is frequently loose air in that area. If you had a bad landing we would help you out.

Thanks for the answer about the collection Spring Chicken. Much appreciated. I have an amount in mind for those services that they offer. It’s a surprise.
Old 07-16-2018, 11:24 AM

The reason they still collect for the Duke cart path is, they would like to pave it.

Rollie
Old 07-17-2018, 12:43 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollie View Post
The reason they still collect for the Duke cart path is, they would like to pave it.

Rollie
I talked to a guy working on the path a couple weeks ago. He told me that he owned that land and because of insurance costs he had to put up 5 mph signs, stop signs etc or they were going to dramatically increase his insurance cost for that land. He said if people were not going to obey the new signage, he would have no choice but to shut it down. This is in reference to the stoned path between Aldi's and Walmart.
Old 07-17-2018, 02:54 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
I talked to a guy working on the path a couple weeks ago. He told me that he owned that land and because of insurance costs he had to put up 5 mph signs, stop signs etc or they were going to dramatically increase his insurance cost for that land. He said if people were not going to obey the new signage, he would have no choice but to shut it down. This is in reference to the stoned path between Aldi's and Walmart.
The guy is lying.
Marion County Parks and Recreation took over the property from Duke Energy last year.
There was a opening "ceremony" with Marion County commissioners held at Stonecrest several months ago.
He is probably just trying to be the speed police.
Old 07-17-2018, 03:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoSno View Post
The guy is lying.
Marion County Parks and Recreation took over the property from Duke Energy last year.
There was a opening "ceremony" with Marion County commissioners held at Stonecrest several months ago.
That's what I was wondering.............I thought the title transferred.
Old 07-18-2018, 07:37 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoSno View Post
The guy is lying.
I agree with NoMoSno. Here is an article from the online news site:
Golf cart path agreement between Duke Energy and Marion County explained to Stonecresters
January 4, 2018

Marion County Commissioner Jeff Gold appeared before a large crowd of Stonecrest residents Thursday afternoon to detail the terms of an agreement between Duke Energy and Marion County regarding the golf cart path which crosses over ground owned by the company.

The path leaves the Aldi's parking lot and heads west until it makes a hard right turn going north to the Wal-Mart.

Villagers and Stonecresters have used the path for several years. The path had deteriorated and in March 2016 several Stonecresters repaired it. The company became concerned regarding possible liability for that portion of the path which crossed their property and erected no trespassing signs in August 2016.

In September 2016, Duke Energy sent a letter to residents explaining that they were seeking to transfer part of the property to another entity to transfer liability by way of an encroachment agreement or an outright transfer of the property to another owner.

At that time Marion County Commissioner Jeff Gold got involved and with the help of the other county officials was able to negotiate a transfer of the property to the county and alleviate Duke's liability concerns.

Gold downplayed his role in securing the agreement.

"The work done here by the citizens really made the difference," he said.
Closed Thread

Tags
duke, energy, path, maintain, owns

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.