dumb question

Closed Thread
Old 04-16-2018, 07:39 AM
Default dumb question

Is there a certain month or season of the year that estate/moving/garage sales are more prevalent? Obviously people pass away and move all the time, but if planning a trip to take advantage of the most sales, what would be the best time?
Old 04-16-2018, 08:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,884 Times in 2,430 Posts

IMO not really way to guess when there are abundant Of estate sales. But, IMO you should be able to find everything you need on TOTV for sale section or Craig list.
Old 04-16-2018, 08:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

No.
Totally random with no predictability.
Old 04-16-2018, 09:32 AM

Thanks! Still need some things for the house and wanted to try to coordinate if there was a better time to come down. I'd rather recycle and reuse if possible.
Old 04-16-2018, 09:48 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by olgreeneyes View Post
Thanks! Still need some things for the house and wanted to try to coordinate if there was a better time to come down. I'd rather recycle and reuse if possible.
In addition to the yard sales, TOTV postings and estate sales there are many consignment stores. Many of them have almost new stuff that was used to stage the houses that have been sold. Two big ones are Bargains and Treasures and Almost Perfect.
Old 04-16-2018, 11:20 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Think many try to have garage sales during snowbird season but they’re pretty much year round. I wouldn’t use craigslist here — too many ripoff artists and scammers use it here.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 04-16-2018, 12:13 PM
Sage

One thing to do is if you are looking for a certain item is post it here and on Nexdoor that you are looking for it. Ask them to PM you with the info or put your email address for them to email you. I usually have luck doing this. I have also noticed a lot more sales during Jan Feb March when the most people are here.
Closed Thread

Tags
sales, time, planning, move, trip

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.