Eagle Mania tribute band

Closed Thread
Old 09-17-2021, 05:46 AM
Veteran member
Default Eagle Mania tribute band

just wondering for those who went to the Eagle Mania show at the savannah center the other night ... how was the show? if you have ever been to see Hotel California how would you compare the 2 bands?
Old 09-17-2021, 06:38 AM

The show was really good.

I’ve seen both and you can’t go wrong with either band! It’s been a while since we saw Hotel California, but I don’t recall any substantial differences in their general styles.
Old 09-17-2021, 06:50 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,083 Times in 295 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ureout View Post
just wondering for those who went to the Eagle Mania show at the savannah center the other night ... how was the show? if you have ever been to see Hotel California how would you compare the 2 bands?
It was a good show. They didn't try to look like the Eagles, but they played well. The guitarist was amazing when he was doing his own solo, but I got the feeling his heart wasn't into the Eagles stuff. He hit the notes but much of it didn't sound like the original. But it was pretty close.

We saw the real Eagles in Houston a couple of years ago. It sounded right on, even with Glenn Frey missing. His son handled the singing and Vince Gill did the guitar work. I was surprised that it sounded exactly like the Eagles. Often a band is so tired of their stuff that they manage to butcher their best work. If you get a chance to see them, it's a good show, and not that much more to see than the price of the tickets for a tribute band.

The main thing that bugged me about the Eaglemania concert was that they played a bunch of Joe Walsh and Don Henley solo stuff, which I like, but that's not what I came for. And they ignored much of the Eagle's best work that was never released as singles. With that blistering guitarist, you'd think they might have attempted "Teenage Jail". The only thing they did from Desperato was the title track, and they skipped "Doolin Dalton", "Twenty One", and "Bitter Creek". They blew the doors off "Hotel California", then ignored "Victim of Love" and "Wasted Time", to do Joe Walsh's "Rocky Mountain Way" and Henley's "Get over It".

But it was a good concert, all in all. Certainly better than the Aerosmith cover band we saw a couple of weeks ago. But those guys got points for attempting the impossible. I don't know how anybody could keep up a Steven Tyler impersonation, much less try to match his vocal range, for two hours!
Old 09-17-2021, 07:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,245 Times in 4,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueblaze View Post
It was a good show. They didn't try to look like the Eagles, but they played well. The guitarist was amazing when he was doing his own solo, but I got the feeling his heart wasn't into the Eagles stuff. He hit the notes but much of it didn't sound like the original. But it was pretty close.

We saw the real Eagles in Houston a couple of years ago. It sounded right on, even with Glenn Frey missing. His son handled the singing and Vince Gill did the guitar work. I was surprised that it sounded exactly like the Eagles. Often a band is so tired of their stuff that they manage to butcher their best work. If you get a chance to see them, it's a good show, and not that much more to see than the price of the tickets for a tribute band.

The main thing that bugged me about the Eaglemania concert was that they played a bunch of Joe Walsh and Don Henley solo stuff, which I like, but that's not what I came for. And they ignored much of the Eagle's best work that was never released as singles. With that blistering guitarist, you'd think they might have attempted "Teenage Jail". The only thing they did from Desperato was the title track, and they skipped "Doolin Dalton", "Twenty One", and "Bitter Creek". They blew the doors off "Hotel California", then ignored "Victim of Love" and "Wasted Time", to do Joe Walsh's "Rocky Mountain Way" and Henley's "Get over It".

But it was a good concert, all in all. Certainly better than the Aerosmith cover band we saw a couple of weeks ago. But those guys got points for attempting the impossible. I don't know how anybody could keep up a Steven Tyler impersonation, much less try to match his vocal range, for two hours!
I've seen the REAL Eagles twice in the last few years. The last time 2 weeks ago...

They've been doing Joe Walsh solo stuff (Rocky Mountain way, Life's been Good and Funk 49), and Henley solo stuff forever...

The Walsh stuff is always a crowd favorite!

Their current show is to play Hotel California in it's entirety, take a break and then do a bunch of their hits...

I also saw them when they did their "History of the Eagles " tour... They brought back an old member (Bernie Leadon, but not Don Felder) for a few of their older songs and then did the later stuff without him...

-Tom Petty
Old 09-17-2021, 08:30 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueblaze View Post

I also saw the Eagles last year ..no it was 2 ago, with Vince Gill...God he has a nice voice, and Small Frey...he's very very good for being so young and seemed very comfortable on stage.
I have to say it was one of the best shows I've seen. But, I'm prejudice, the eagles are probably my favorite band.
Makes me smile just typing this post.
Old 09-17-2021, 09:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,245 Times in 4,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalumbos62 View Post
I also saw the Eagles last year ..no it was 2 ago, with Vince Gill...God he has a nice voice, and Small Frey...he's very very good for being so young and seemed very comfortable on stage.
I have to say it was one of the best shows I've seen. But, I'm prejudice, the eagles are probably my favorite band.
Makes me smile just typing this post.
"Small Frey" LOL!

He's even better now! Much better player and more confident with his vocals...

-Tom Petty
Closed Thread

Tags
eagle, mania, show, hotel, california

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.