Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   El Santiago Club is History (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/el-santiago-club-history-39271/)

Bill-n-Brillo 06-11-2011 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iandwk (Post 361642)
Never try to confuse a good thread like this with facts. What would we do for fun?

Now THAT...........................is funny!!! :1rotfl: Good one!

Bill :wave:

TomW 06-15-2011 08:51 PM

I think something has been afoot for a long while. The cleanliness and general quality has been gong down for months -almost as if the owners had given up on the enterprise. Whether they knew of the evential demise or the TV management had to step in due to the owner's problems will be a subject of speculation. Only the owner and developer know for sure.

mmac321 06-15-2011 10:17 PM

I agree with Tom W...

... the men's room was a disgrace.

grayesun 06-29-2011 09:11 AM

The El will be missed

Living up near the El Santiago club area, we're sad to see the old restaurant go...yeah it was quaint, rustic and even charming on first blush, but it was in pretty tough shape, needed a facelift and a real good cleaning. Yes, the bathrooms were pretty crude.

A investment in upgrading this place was necessary and probably not in the cards for the owner...good luck to them in their new ventures, we'll miss them & the many good meals/times had there. :beer3:

As someone posted earlier, the possibility of getting a "real" recreation center near our home (like most other Villages) is exciting.

phil9200 06-29-2011 10:47 AM

Santiago Club

I was a customer from day 1. The Real Estate offices use to hold their meeting there. It was a fun place with good food and service. The only complaint at the time was the sound, it was hard to hear yourself talk. The place has been going down hill for some time now. The bathrooms were dirty and the service and food went from the 4 star to 1 star. I guess when the owners were not there the place was not run properly. I miss Chula Vista, but Santiago will be better for the residents as a rec center.

JohnM 06-29-2011 12:41 PM

El santiago club our favorite

It was our favorite place to eat in TV and will miss it ... does anyone know if they plan to open somewhere else in the area ... we will follow Brian (the cook) wherever he goes ... he is a genius in the kitchen ...

kaydee 06-29-2011 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phil9200 (Post 366504)
I was a customer from day 1. The Real Estate offices use to hold their meeting there. It was a fun place with good food and service. The only complaint at the time was the sound, it was hard to hear yourself talk. The place has been going down hill for some time now. The bathrooms were dirty and the service and food went from the 4 star to 1 star. I guess when the owners were not there the place was not run properly. I miss Chula Vista, but Santiago will be better for the residents as a rec center.

As I began reading your post I was nodding and agreeing until I got to the part " I guess when the owners were not there the place was not run properly". Were you referring to " not there" as a general rule or were you making reference to the time period when the owners were held up in England and were absent for 18 months? The reason I ask is that I can personally speak for the employees who successfully ran El Santiago during those 18 months and did a fabulous job. The employees at that time took charge, worked so hard and kept the place going. They deserve so much credit and I needed to mention it.

robertwbusby 12-06-2012 07:52 AM

http://smilebox.com/play/4d7a51784e7..._playback_link

Remembering the Santiago Club...Smiles and Frowns