El Tigre Golf Cart Seats

Closed Thread
Old 01-26-2021, 08:01 AM
Veteran member

If one has the money to spend on luxuries because they worked hard all their lives, so be it. It also helps the economy. As far as contributing to the homeless in the Ocala forest, that is a personal choice. Is it you opinion that he should buy so old beat up golf cart because some people made bad choices in life. Do you have any idea how many people chose not to go back to work recently because they are making more money staying home.

" Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a much closer look at the American Indian."
Old 01-26-2021, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neils View Post
TV golf needs to make a fair profit on items they sell to stay in business.
I agree but there is a difference between a fair profit and an outrageous profit. TV Golf Carts is more expensive than other golf cart store in central FL, as they know they have a captive audience.
Old 01-26-2021, 08:06 AM

There are several types of El Tiger seats, so quiting a price without details is only a partial answer.

Some have a common bench with two individual backs, and others have two individual seats.

We purchased the latter, so tall me can slide seat all the way back for comfort, and short wife can slide seat all the way forward when she is driving the cart.

Much more convenient than trying to add extension blocks to accelerator and brake pedals.

Pricing? Like any consumer or professional goods and services. Shop around for what one seems a satisfactory price.

Golf cart seats aren't the only products that have a variety of prices. That's why many products have an SRP (suggested retail price). The manufacturer doesn't control what a product sells for, but they seldom want to undercut their dealers.
--------------------------------------------
We live in interesting times
--------------------------------------------
Old 01-26-2021, 08:26 AM
Veteran member

Same reason that if you go 50 miles or more away from the Villages you can purchase a cart for many hundreds less. I like most of you were too lazy oops busy to give up the convenience and just paid the over priced amount. Also true or not, I don't know but I have been told that Village Golf Cart will not service your cart if purchased from their competitors. I repeat I have no first hand experience with this only hear say.
Old 01-26-2021, 08:27 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown132 View Post
I agree but there is a difference between a fair profit and an outrageous profit. TV Golf Carts is more expensive than other golf cart store in central FL, as they know they have a captive audience.
A few years ago, I tried them to upgrade my headlights to LED's. They threw out an absolutely outrageous quote. I ended up getting it done for about one-third as much. I have never been back.
Old 01-26-2021, 08:31 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

[QUOTE=Larry chappel;1892886]Same reason that if you go 50 miles or more away from the Villages you can purchase a cart for many hundreds less. I like most of you were too lazy oops busy to give up the convenience and just paid the over priced amount. Also true or not, I don't know but I have been told that Village Golf Cart will not service your cart if purchased from their competitors. I repeat I have no first hand experience with this only hear say.[/QUOTE]
I went to several dealers outside the bubble (including up to Ocala) and really did not see a price savings. & TV will service non-Village purchased units.
Old 01-26-2021, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toeser View Post
A few years ago, I tried them to upgrade my headlights to LED's. They threw out an absolutely outrageous quote. I ended up getting it done for about one-third as much. I have never been back.
As someone once said “you will never go broke making a small profit”
Old 01-26-2021, 09:40 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,110 Times in 1,342 Posts

Good seats are worth every penny.
Old 01-26-2021, 10:07 AM

Hey M2inOR which model is adjustable?
Old 01-26-2021, 10:08 AM

I too bought my seat direct from El Tigre for my EZ Go cart a few years back. They were delivered and installed right in my drive by an El Tigre independent installer. It was an easy, no headache process + I love the seat!
Old 01-26-2021, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry chappel View Post
Same reason that if you go 50 miles or more away from the Villages you can purchase a cart for many hundreds less. I like most of you were too lazy oops busy to give up the convenience and just paid the over priced amount. Also true or not, I don't know but I have been told that Village Golf Cart will not service your cart if purchased from their competitors. I repeat I have no first hand experience with this only hear say.
The sales rep confirmed yesterday at The Villages Golf Car they will no longer be servicing carts not purchased directly from them.
Old 01-26-2021, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnsbill View Post
Hey M2inOR which model is adjustable?
The Texas High Back Sportster bucket seats slide front to rear and the back rest reclines. I am 6’2” and found it very comfortable as it is a deep seat.
Old 01-26-2021, 10:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

El Tigre when they began selling online about five years ago, you could buy direct from their website and get this seat for $1250. The same seat today on their website is $1499, not bad considering I paid the same price for an Ultimate Seat ten years ago that was almost identical. They have more expensive seats, but I found my seat (shown on page 1) has been great, the best part is getting the center armrest. It's no different then driving a car without a center armrest, it gets tiresome. If you get this seat, it's going to be nice.

American Sportster High Back with Arms - El Tigre Custom Golf Cart Seats | Golf Cart Seats

The Villages Florida
Old 01-26-2021, 10:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KsJayhawkers View Post
The sales rep confirmed yesterday at The Villages Golf Car they will no longer be servicing carts not purchased directly from them.
I thought TV Golf Cart shops have been that way for years. However, I bought my cart from TV in 2011 and I've never taken to them for service. I rather have someone come to my house than have to drop it off and drive their loaner and come later to pick it up. It's not worth all that effort, I bought a gas Yamaha because if taken care of, it will last you forever.
Old 01-26-2021, 11:10 AM

We purchased our El Tigre seats in Ocala several years ago and I installed them myself - no issues. At the time, I found them even less expensive on their website about $200 less. As long as you can deal with installation that is the best bet. The seats still look like new. I use Mcguiars leather cleaner and conditioner on them since day one.
Closed Thread

Tags
seats, golf, tigre, tax, cart

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.