El Tigre Golf Cart Seats

Closed Thread
Old 01-26-2021, 11:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Agree but what is "fair"?
A endless debate-what is fair? Competition controls what you can charge.
If, you were the only one with xxxx and everyone wanted xxxx you would raise your price.

Value is also debatable.

Amusing to me. Remember the first oil embargo and the price shock. I recall at a gas station a sign I too would be much cheaper if I didn't have any gas.
Old 01-26-2021, 02:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,421 Times in 2,268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I thought TV Golf Cart shops have been that way for years. However, I bought my cart from TV in 2011 and I've never taken to them for service. I rather have someone come to my house than have to drop it off and drive their loaner and come later to pick it up. It's not worth all that effort, I bought a gas Yamaha because if taken care of, it will last you forever.
When we bought our cart they told us that people that bought their carts from The Villages had priority and could make appointments for service and receive a loaner cart. People who didn't purchase their carts from them could get service on a first come first served basis based on the day's availability.

Basically if you showed up prior to opening and waited, you might get your cart in for service. Then again, you might not.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 01-26-2021, 02:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neils View Post
TV golf needs to make a fair profit on items they sell to stay in business.
Key word is Fair
Old 01-26-2021, 03:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,421 Times in 2,268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
Key word is Fair
It's not a requirement that someone buys upgraded seats. If someone wants to upgrade and is willing to pay the price that The Villages is offering, how can it not be fair?

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 01-26-2021, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neils View Post
Most businesses target between 20 - 40% markup. This covers their overhead costs (taxes, insurance, utilities, labor, upkeep, inventory carrying costs, advertising, etc)

Fair means what the market will bear. Supply / demand.

If too high, shoppers will go elsewhere.

BTW. Did TV carts charge for testing the seats in their showroom?
No charge...just go inside and find a comfortable seat that fits you. Now I know that is not the answer you are trying to provoke but, in fairness, I didn't get charged for the Jeep Wrangler I test drove at Bill Bryans, the Nike tennis shoes I tried on at the mall in Orlando, or the lounge chair at Babettes. Enjoy the savings or spend the extra money, dont matter to me as I am just trying to pass on a little information to those who enjoy a good deal.
Old 01-26-2021, 08:18 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
As far as I'm concerned worth every penny. The stock seats about did my back in. The high backs are sooooo comfortable.
Go for it. Mine came with upgrade seats but not hibacks
Old 01-27-2021, 06:03 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,862 Times in 785 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnsbill View Post
Hey M2inOR which model is adjustable?
All of the El Tigre seats are adjustable, according to their web site.
Old 01-27-2021, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choro&Swing View Post
All of the El Tigre seats are adjustable, according to their web site.
Nope.

With a single bench seat, each back might be adjustable for reclining.

With individual bucket seats for driver and passenger, each has separate recline for your back, and each seat can slide forward or back separately.

Sorry, I don't know the model name.

That's one advantage we all have access to - try before we buy, then shop for convenience and price. I'm quite happy with The Villages Golf Cart shop in Brownwood. We get free carts to use when we are visiting north of 44 until Water Lily bridge is completed. And we had free use of a cart while we waited for the custom model we ordered originally.

We are about to order a 2nd cart, so will be shopping again, this one with similar seats, but sliding doors for my wife. She might find a few other options, too. We also plan to get it with the folding rear seats, and have been researching the different ways to get that rear seat.
--------------------------------------------
We live in interesting times
--------------------------------------------
Old 01-27-2021, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KsJayhawkers View Post
If anyone is interested in upgrading their golf cart seats, I walked into TV Golf Car store in Brownwood yesterday to test out some new seats. I really liked the El Tigre Texas High Back Sportster bucket seats and got a quote from TV for $2031 including tax. Today I called El Tigre and they were running a special and I got the seats for $1645 that included shipping, tax, and installation, a savings of $386.
As a retailer for over 40 years, I can tell you the store has to make a profit or they can’t afford to pay their rent. It’s unfair to use them as a showroom, dressing room, etc, then order online from a site that has none of those options. We are slowly losing the stores we love to visit.
Just my humble opinion.
Closed Thread

Tags
seats, golf, tigre, tax, cart

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.