Electric golf cart charging portals

Old 01-28-2020, 07:32 AM
DAIII
Smile Lithium

I have a lithium powered cart- EZGO Elite - really a super piece of machinery. 8 yr on battery and no maintenance. I'm actually very surprised nobody is complaining about the smells of gas carts. (instantly gives me a headache) I wipe my windscreen down once a week with plexus plastic polish and the micro fiber cloth is black (from the soot of gas carts) - long story short I'm the guy wearing the face mask.

No charging stations.. YET but suspect they will be here soon.

Lithium carts go a long way on a very quick charge.

Old 01-28-2020, 07:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed59 View Post
I took a trip back to my hometown in California, a few miles from where the first Teslas were built. Now all school parking lots are covered with solar panels. about a third of the spaces under the solar panels have charging stations for electric cars. The charging stations are fed by the solar panels.

That would be a great thing to do here at the big rec centers and squares. It would give covered parking, and allow electric carts and cars to recharge.
How is the charging of electric cars paid for in California?

Old 01-28-2020, 07:43 AM
Default Electric

Love our electric, can’t stand the gas smell . We had a Yamaha that stalled while on our lifestyle. Hmmmm....
Love that we have options.

Old 01-28-2020, 07:45 AM

A lot of us prefer gas carts so we don't have to worry about plugin into a charger, a tank of gas will last about 2 to 3 weeks and cost less then $10, when your batteries reach three years old their distance and power are reduce. New batteries could cost $1000 and you have to maintain them. I guess its like apples & oranges choose what you like.

Old 01-28-2020, 08:05 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,243 Times in 359 Posts

back to the original subject. Would a cart charging station even be feasible? I know my lead acid batteries take several hours to charge when they are below 50% . How long does it take to charge the new (and relatively rare) lithium batteries?

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else

Old 01-28-2020, 08:06 AM
Default Tesla should design a golf cart.

I am wondering if electric golf carts would be more popular if they were designed like a Tesla. There are plenty of Tesla's driving on the road with the range of up to 300 miles. I know a golf cart is much smaller but if they could just get range of a hundred miles it would be terrific along with the go get them acceleration and speed. I know there's a speed limit for golf carts so that would extend range even further. I know when I drive my Tesla too fast the range goes down.

Old 01-28-2020, 08:08 AM

gas.

Old 01-28-2020, 08:24 AM

None

Old 01-28-2020, 08:27 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts

Free gas at all town centers!

Old 01-28-2020, 08:55 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,199 Times in 461 Posts

Have an electric car for over five years and got superior batteries for it when purchased. Keep it plugged in and check water levels all the time and never had a problem. The charger is a trickle, so can leave it plugged in when I am not here. My garage doesn’t stink like the tunnels after all those gas carts go through. Gas carts are big polluters because they do not have the emission controls that autos have. Just doing my bit for the environment and have been very happy. To each his own.

Old 01-28-2020, 10:29 AM

Actually, gas golf carts are a major turn off to me. I am not a golfer so I had no experience with them until I used the one provided with my “lifestyle experience.” It was so loud & stinky! I had hoped to quietly cruise along so I could enjoy the beautiful vistas and animals there so that noisy, smelly gas golf cart was—surprisingly—a real let down.

I would probably prefer a nearly silent Tesla-like cart but at some point I might be happier to just buy the car & drive it on the regular roads. Why bother with a cart at all? Before I get attacked for not playing golf, many people there do not play yet want to enjoy the lifestyle. In fact, golf is waning in popularity everywhere.

Old 01-28-2020, 10:58 AM
Veteran member

dont you get TIRED of getting gas ?

Old 01-28-2020, 11:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1ceasar View Post
dont you get TIRED of getting gas ?
About every other month when I stop at the gas station to get gas for my car, I take a plastic 5 gallon can along and fill it up with gas. That's the extent of getting gas for the cart. I only drive my cart when I play golf and they do get 40 mpg.

Old 01-28-2020, 11:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALadysMom View Post
Actually, gas golf carts are a major turn off to me. I am not a golfer so I had no experience with them until I used the one provided with my “lifestyle experience.” It was so loud & stinky!..
You're right, if that's all I had to drive was the generic white Yamaha provided by TV for a LSV that only go 15 mph, I wouldn't drive a cart either. In fact on my LSV 9 years ago, I left the cart in the garage and drove my car to Cane Garden.

The newer Yamaha's go 20 mph, they're very quiet with extra insulation and sealed bottom. They have very little smell, get about 45 mpg, and will last you forever with just normal yearly maintenance.

To drive on the roads, you would need a street legal cart with auto insurance and a Florida tag. They would capable of going 25 mph, and would have requirements such as seat belts, windshield wipers and would be electric, like you want. You usually can find them for sale quite often. I've noticed more people are moving away from the higher speed golf cart and going with the Atomic Vehicle. It has all the capabilities of a cart, drive on cart paths, drive on golf course, but they are fully enclosed and air conditioned. We have an actual dealer at Brownwood. It's across 44 on the extension of Powell Rd. behind Sparr Building Supplies. I saw about 3 Atomic vehicles for sale on TOTV last year. The used ones usually sell for about $8,000 and new ones are $10,000 to $15,000 depending the on the model and options.

Atomic Electric Vehicles 4 seat coupe with AC/Heat - YouTube

The Villages Florida

Old 01-28-2020, 11:50 AM
Sage

that's why I use solar never run out of power

Tags
electric, cart, golf, places, squares

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.