Electric Utility bills in premier homes

Closed Thread
Old 08-18-2012, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrhardy View Post
We just received out 1st bill for almost exactly 1/2 month, 14 billing days. Excluding connect fee and membership application, it was $64 with 536 KWH used. Average 38 KWH a day. 1700 SF 3/2. Is that good? Hope so. OH, we are 100% electric with a gas cart.
Don & Kaz
Many good reasons for the disparity have been posted here. I did not mention that we cook at home 5 nights a week, and that we have a monster fridge in the hot garage. That does make some difference, eh?
Old 08-18-2012, 11:14 AM

Yep. It all adds up! Lifestyles are much of it. I have heard $1 per day for electric cart. DON'T start the gas vs electric here!
Old 08-18-2012, 11:17 AM

If others would post their numbers I will keep the data going to see what it comes up with for numbers. But, it appears the rates are reasonably within the national average. It's just how they are used with appliances, carts, temps, patio doors opening a lot, number of residents in the house, etc
Old 08-18-2012, 11:45 AM
Default Lights

It also depends on how many lights you keep on at night. I spent a month with my family in Missouri in June. They kept all of the lights on in the house until they went to bed. I would turn off a light and someone would come and turn it back on. I finally gave up and figured it was their checkbook paying the bill. LOL

From Liberty, MO
Old 08-18-2012, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachnmo View Post
It also depends on how many lights you keep on at night. I spent a month with my family in Missouri in June. They kept all of the lights on in the house until they went to bed. I would turn off a light and someone would come and turn it back on. I finally gave up and figured it was their checkbook paying the bill. LOL
I agree with you. Lifestyles again. To each there own, as long as they know they are "paying" for that lifestyle in one way or another.
Old 08-18-2012, 04:55 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog53 View Post
Just looked up rates at Con Edison. They are running twice the national avg at $.2585 kwh vs national avg of $.1154 kwh, vs TV (SECO) of .13 kwh.
There is the relief for those now living here vs NY and why they like it so much!
Or you could live in Hawaii and pay the highest in the nation (usually about .35 per KWH).
Old 08-19-2012, 10:07 AM
Default Utilities - Premier home

Premier home 3 months, new construction, rear facing south (so no direct western sun), two persons, "cooks" 2 meals per day, small pool with filter running 5 hours per day, keeping summer temps set at 76 degrees, separate HVAC for master turns down to 74 at night. First two bills each $120. We did add extra insulation during construction both in home and over lanai (an option). Do not have electric golf cart. Will wait for cooler temps to open patio doors to lanai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog53 View Post
If others would post their numbers I will keep the data going to see what it comes up with for numbers. But, it appears the rates are reasonably within the national average. It's just how they are used with appliances, carts, temps, patio doors opening a lot, number of residents in the house, etc
Old 08-19-2012, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by designerko View Post
Premier home 3 months, new construction, rear facing south (so no direct western sun), two persons, "cooks" 2 meals per day, small pool with filter running 5 hours per day, keeping summer temps set at 76 degrees, separate HVAC for master turns down to 74 at night. First two bills each $120. We did add extra insulation during construction both in home and over lanai (an option). Do not have electric golf cart. Will wait for cooler temps to open patio doors to lanai.
I too added insulation throughout the house. I don't have any figures to compare it to for savings but my guess would be 5-10% based on previous experiences. But the sound proofing is also nice.
What is the square foot of your home for the calculation? Based on what I am seeing it probably is in the 2400 sf range? But $120 appears to be pretty good for your lifestyle.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.