Electronic Check-in at Rec and Golf Venues

Closed Thread
Old 03-23-2015, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
I very much doubt that they are not savvy about electronics.
Agreed, their tee time system is superb.
Old 03-23-2015, 12:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:

I believe that there too many ways to cheat with picture ID cards. What is wrong with carrying your ID card? If you want to carry a phone, slip the ID card into the carrying case.

Z
Z, What I MEANT is tech stuff generally not being their area of expertise like so many other areas are

. I think I am the first to have this thing imbedded in my neck. I even dream about The Villages.

Thirsty for Kool-Aid right now.
Old 03-23-2015, 01:04 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Quote:

I believe that there too many ways to cheat with picture ID cards. What is wrong with carrying your ID card? If you want to carry a phone, slip the ID card into the carrying case.

Z
Z....I have a case for my phone that does just what you suggest. Every time I slide the cover open and show my ID card, the first thing out of their mouth is, "We don't take digital cards". Once they realize it's the real thing...all is good.
Old 03-23-2015, 05:56 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Z, What I MEANT is tech stuff generally not being their area of expertise like so many other areas are

. I think I am the first to have this thing imbedded in my neck. I even dream about The Villages.

Thirsty for Kool-Aid right now.
But why don't you think that they don't have electronic/computer gurus on their staff? I am sure that they do or we would be getting handwritten notes from them.

Like I said in my first note, there are too many ways to compromise an ID card picture.

Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 03-23-2015, 07:03 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
Or you could take your wallet and leave your phone at home....
Now that's a great answer!!!!!!
Old 03-23-2015, 10:31 PM

Gracie said

"I THINK they just aren't as savvy about electronics and they haven't found the right person who they can trust and hire and who knows how to do this stuff, right.. If you were an underhanded person and you were given this responsibility, imagine how you could profit or screw up."

The developer owns Citizens First Bank, so I think they are tech savvy.

The residents check in system may not be a priority for improvement, especially since the developer eventually will turn all responsibility of rec centers and executive courses over to the residents.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter123 View Post
Now if we all had a chip embedded in us like a pet..........
We got chips in our necks the same day we got our mail box keys. They must have forgotten yours.
Old 03-24-2015, 06:10 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pqrstar View Post
Gracie said

"I THINK they just aren't as savvy about electronics and they haven't found the right person who they can trust and hire and who knows how to do this stuff, right.. If you were an underhanded person and you were given this responsibility, imagine how you could profit or screw up."

The developer owns Citizens First Bank, so I think they are tech savvy.

The residents check in system may not be a priority for improvement, especially since the developer eventually will turn all responsibility of rec centers and executive courses over to the residents.
The courses north of 466 are owned by the VCCDD, South are still owned by the developer. They will NEVER be owned by the residents.
Old 03-24-2015, 06:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Residents I thought owned or will own the executive courses. Of course, they are managed by a management company. TV is a bit behind on using technology.
Where does the idea that The Villages will eventually turn the property over to the residents come from? I know that happens in a lot of cases, but The Villages is different and the Morse family is different. I honestly don't ever see that happening.

We don't own, nor do I suspect that we will ever own the golf courses or rec centers.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 03-24-2015, 06:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter123 View Post
People depend on their phones way too much. Could you imagine going to check in for golf and the person in front of you going through their phone trying to find their ID. I can see that happening a lot. Keep it simple. Now if we all had a chip embedded in us like a pet..........

As opposed to waiting in line behind someone with two arms full of tennis equipment or music equipment trying to go through their wallets for their IDs?

Yes, people depend on their phones a lot and will continue to do so more and more in the future. Get used to it.

The best solution would be to have the bracelets like they have a Disney. Hands free.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 03-24-2015, 08:28 AM

Quote:
The best solution would be to have the bracelets like they have a Disney. Hands free.
I agree. That would work very well here.
Old 03-24-2015, 08:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,367 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
The courses north of 466 are owned by the VCCDD, South are still owned by the developer. They will NEVER be owned by the residents.
Why?
Old 03-24-2015, 09:02 AM
Sage

The plan is already in place for them to be owned by the center district which is no comprised of any homeowners. There are no residential properties in that district. They already are handling the admin part of all the facilities.Ownership is only waiting for a final disposition in the IRS issue.
Old 03-24-2015, 11:01 AM

Don't the residents residing north of 466 now have responsibility of the rec centers and multimodal trails? Don't they have VCCD officials elected by the residents?

I hear about the former El Santiago restaurant being sold to VCCD, renovations to Chula Vista rec center, rebuilding of Terra De Sole rec center, and the stripping of the multimodal paths. Weren't these turned over to the residents to make these decisions?

I think the properties south of 466 will also be turned over to the residents, who will then in turn elect their own officials to operate these amenities.
Old 03-24-2015, 02:08 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Does anyone think it is a good idea to have a driver licenses accepted from a cell phone? The state gives drivers one waiver by mail to renew but then a driver license has to be secured in person with proof of id including a passport, utility bills with your address, social security cards, etc

I have spoken with many starters and it is an eye opener to see the number of golfers who try to get one past the starters including fake ID's trying to escape the $4 fee where trail fees were not paid, etc

We assume people are honest an upright here but unfortunately there are some real nasty people here and fortunately they are a slim minority.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.