Email from Villages Community Development District Assist Asher

Closed Thread
Old 03-27-2021, 03:22 PM
Default Email from Villages Community Development District Assist Asher

Today I received this email below, supposedly from Villages Community Development District. Anyone else get this? Trying to figure out if it’s legit. Pretty sure it is not. The go fund me link takes me to PayPal not a go fund me page.

Elena would like you to support

Help Support Asher by making a donation and helping spread the word.
I'm trying to raise 24,000
$13,000 RAISED / 70 SUPPORTERS / 120 DAYS LEFT

https://d2g8igdw686xgo.cloudfront.ne...6298856_r.jpeg

Asher is a Five-year-old boy who desperately needs your help. In August 2019, Asher was diagnosed with a rare disease known as Cholesteatoma, which causes a tumor to grow behind his eardrum.

This life-threatening tumor is growing daily and needs to be operated on urgently before it eventually grows into his brain. A pioneering operation costing Twenty-four Thousand Dollars is available privately, we have been able to raise fourteen Thousand Dollars but we still need Ten Thousand Dollars. This operation will not only laser the tumor away, but it will also reduce the risk of Asher needing further treatment.

Asher wants to be a doctor when he grows up. Please help us raise the money for Asher's operation so that he can live a normal, healthy life and fulfill his dream.

Please share your prayers and financial support to encourage Asher in this battle. Every dollar counts and any amount donated will be highly appreciated.

Make A Donation

What is GoFundMe?

GoFundMe is a personal fundraising website that has helped thousands of people raise millions of dollars for the things that matter to them most.
Old 03-28-2021, 07:26 AM
Gold member

Scam

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 03-28-2021, 08:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,043 Times in 5,334 Posts

Most likely a scam.

Sad that people can sink so low
Old 03-28-2021, 09:10 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Sounds like it has scam written all over it and I don't believe the Community District offices would actually mail it out. Better yet contact your district rep and let them know.
Closed Thread

Tags
asher, dollars, raise, support, thousand

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.