Embarq

Closed Thread
Old 06-09-2007, 06:50 AM
Default Embarq

Tried to change from Comcast cable internet to Embarq package of DSL Internet service and expanded telephone service package and they said it would be at least mid-December before it could be installed. They lack the capacity needed to provide the service in The Villages. Guess they could save a lot of money running their ads. ???
Old 06-13-2007, 04:41 PM
Default Re: Embarq

That sounds strange. I know lots of people that have switched to DSL with no more than a week or so wait.
You might want to call back and see if the information you were given is true. Right now getting connected should be a lot easier than it will be in December.

Bobbie
Old 06-14-2007, 07:52 AM

I went to the Embarq store near Target on Firday, June 1 and they installed the dish and dsl on 6/8. I think you got someone on the line that didn't have the facts straight. Try again, it's worth the savings.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:49 PM

Don't know where you are located, but I'm in Santo Domingo and they say that they are maxed out until December. I've talked to them three different times and one said it might be a little earlier...maybe late November. :dontknow:
Old 07-10-2007, 10:47 AM

Upon moving here last June my experience with Embarq almost drove me back north! It took weeks to even get my phone hooked up! Trying to get help from the personnel at the local Embarq store was totally frustrating. Their answers did not match those I got over the phone and it was just an impossible situation! Embarq should never have split from Sprint - they have no idea what it takes to offer service to hundreds. Monopolies like their's should still be illegal.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:26 PM

When we were down at TV, my husband asked about cable and was told that you could get the sports package. We have an HD TV and want to get the Bronco games when we move down there. Any suggestions? I read where there is a problem with both Comcast and Satellite when it comes to receiption. Does anyone have any suggestions? :dontknow:

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.