Emergency boil order - Mallory-Amelia-Hemingway-Largo-Hadley-Poinciana-Duval-Bonita

Closed Thread
Old 03-12-2010, 10:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafDeaf View Post
I have a question for all of you...

How did you become aware of the Precautionary Boil Water Notice? Especially on Late Monday afternoon (March 8th)? Were it announced visually (not audio) at same time or some time later such as tomorrow morning's Daily Sun? Your feedback will be appreciated.

The reason for this is that the District claimed that they did notify everyone as much as possible but promptly? I do not think so. I am hearing out from you. Thanks in advance.
I heard about it on Orlando's WESH 2 news and the announcement was both auditory and visual.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:09 AM

Thanks GracieGirl.

However, do I expect to watch the Orlando's WESH 2 at all times? That may be a big demerit! Whenever there is any alert like Homeland Security Level, it should be announced in every media as much as possible. Just wondering.
Old 03-13-2010, 09:57 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafDeaf View Post
Thanks GracieGirl.

However, do I expect to watch the Orlando's WESH 2 at all times? That may be a big demerit! Whenever there is any alert like Homeland Security Level, it should be announced in every media as much as possible. Just wondering.
I don't think there is any question that the initial communication about this was poorly handled for all groups of people (hearing and non-hearing). However, I think we should give them credit for responding to the criticism and modifying their communication method when issuing the all clear notification (which I assume will be used for all future alarms.) The new methods include both audible and written communication. However, it does require a proactive step taken by each of us in the sense that everyone should register with the county for their emergency notification (at a minimum). It also may be useful to register with the district.gov site for e-notification.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJblue View Post
I don't think there is any question that the initial communication about this was poorly handled for all groups of people (hearing and non-hearing). However, I think we should give them credit for responding to the criticism and modifying their communication method when issuing the all clear notification (which I assume will be used for all future alarms.) The new methods include both audible and written communication. However, it does require a proactive step taken by each of us in the sense that everyone should register with the county for their emergency notification (at a minimum). It also may be useful to register with the district.gov site for e-notification.
I agree!
Old 03-13-2010, 11:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post

I agree!
Me too!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.