Xfinity for Snowbirds

Closed Thread
Old 06-19-2022, 03:56 PM
Cool Xfinity for Snowbirds

Xfinity has a vacation plan for subscribers. You can suspend services for a minimal monthly charge. We are Snowbirds and are typically away from paradise May-Oct. We have suspended the TV and phone service and just have internet to maintain our WiFi stuff like thermostat and cameras. Savings is considerable for instance our normal monthly charge is approx $160 but during summer only $50. We do the same for our northern retreat. I think they let you suspend once per year for a maximum of 6 months. Just call or go online for details. Hope it helps
Old 06-19-2022, 04:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasman29 View Post
Xfinity has a vacation plan for subscribers. You can suspend services for a minimal monthly charge. We are Snowbirds and are typically away from paradise May-Oct. We have suspended the TV and phone service and just have internet to maintain our WiFi stuff like thermostat and cameras. Savings is considerable for instance our normal monthly charge is approx $160 but during summer only $50. We do the same for our northern retreat. I think they let you suspend once per year for a maximum of 6 months. Just call or go online for details. Hope it helps
Thanks for the information. It’s a good program for snowbirds but doesn’t work well for us snowflakes who come to our Villages home multiple times throughout the year since it only allows service to be turned on/off once per year. Wish they offered a more flexible option.
Old 06-19-2022, 05:57 PM

You must know what we Frogs say about Snowbirds? They taste like chicken
Old 06-19-2022, 07:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veiragirl View Post
You must know what we Frogs say about Snowbirds? They taste like chicken
Snowbird dislike gets old.

Then again ya know what birds say about frogs. Croaked frog equals house for sale.
Old 06-19-2022, 08:14 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,753 Times in 3,629 Posts

So does Brighthouse / Spectrum.

Old 06-19-2022, 09:13 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Thanks for the information. It’s a good program for snowbirds but doesn’t work well for us snowflakes who come to our Villages home multiple times throughout the year since it only allows service to be turned on/off once per year. Wish they offered a more flexible option.
We are snowflakes but don’t come down in the summer so we turn it off May1 until sometime in October.
Old 06-20-2022, 06:26 AM
Default Xfinity

Quote:
Better way, I have xfinity internet only for $40/mo and YouTubeTV for $68/mo, YouTubeTV goes with you anywhere there is internet available. YouTubeTV is a great service, we record, have local channels even when up north to visit.
Old 06-20-2022, 06:27 AM
Location: Chicago area but spend a month every year in The Villages

Xfinity and Spectrum both have these seasonal packages. That works great for us.
Old 06-20-2022, 06:29 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,105 Times in 1,338 Posts

So does Teco gas.
Old 06-20-2022, 06:34 AM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Agreed! Once per year...MINIMUM 90 days...if you restore before the 90 days they charge you full price back to the original date you began the seasonal plan! Other companies will let you go on and off as many times as you want...minimum time would be 30 days or less. I have been a Comcast subscriber for years, but we are looking for an alternative now that we are snowbirds (you are welcome to my amenity fees while we are gone). Comcast better wake up and realize that Customers are the ones that keep you in business and flexibility is a key factor.
Old 06-20-2022, 07:06 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
We have a solution, internet in both homes. YouTube TV for when we are up north and YouTube TV when we are down south because you can subscribe month to month and can cancel at anytime. $69.95 is the cost.
Old 06-20-2022, 08:08 AM
Default Taco ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
So does Teco gas.
What does telco do for snowbirds?
Old 06-20-2022, 08:08 AM

Quote:
I use them for Internet only for 6 months and make my own rules since their robots are so annoying.
I do not auto pay. They do not have electronic bank payments to force you to use autopay. I pay them through my bank and not the penalty. The Robots will threaten to cut your service. But their artificial intelligence is limited.
Until an agent contacts you to state your case. Then all is well again. Lol. About $39.98 per month in florida. For unlimited internet only. Unlimited T-Mobile Canada Mexico and USA Magenta 55 $45 with many international countries included. They do change to 3G after 5 Gigabyte data. And Bell partner is not the best in some arrears. Like Niagara Falls.
God Bless The Robots. They are better than some people. The lack of sentiment, the lack of intelligence. Just plain stupid.

Last edited by Shoogley; 06-20-2022 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Unlimited Internet. A cheap computer. HMDI CABLE and watch anything you like at any time. Tubi free movies. You Tube
Old 06-20-2022, 10:33 AM

If you have T-Mobile cell service you can get an additional $5 off You Tube TV.
Old 06-20-2022, 10:43 AM
Veteran member

Quote:

Dish is $5 per month for snowbirds, but that is TV only.

Tags
xfinity, charge, monthly, suspend, snowbirds

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.