Empty Shelves

Closed Thread
Old 03-19-2020, 03:23 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla B View Post
Good for Publix, I wish they had started earlier before people wiped out the paper goods. Publix at Colony must have run out of wipes themselves, the ones when you enter the store, as employees were spraying the carts with sanitizers.
Kudos to Publix for cleaning the carts. Thumbs down to Sumter Landing Winn Dixie today. No wipes, sanitizer, or staff at the front door. Not very responsible in my opinion . I had paper towels and plastic gloves but that isn't the point.
Old 03-19-2020, 04:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
Kudos to Publix for cleaning the carts. Thumbs down to Sumter Landing Winn Dixie today. No wipes, sanitizer, or staff at the front door. Not very responsible in my opinion . I had paper towels and plastic gloves but that isn't the point.
I have a few wipes in a ziplock bag I keep in my purse. Might be a good idea for anyone heading to the stores right now.
Old 03-19-2020, 07:27 PM
Veteran member

So far so good for me, Wine, Prosecco, Cheese, Olives, Tomatoes, Juice, Chicken, and Veggies.

So go ahead and hoard obviously you are ignoring the survival stuff ...Thanks
Old 03-19-2020, 09:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
My husband just returned from Colony Publix. The staff were removing multiple items from peoples carts. One women had 10 packages of bacon. They took 8 from her.
Good for them! The grocery stores could do their part to stem this hoarding.
Old 03-19-2020, 09:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinball wizard View Post
Just for comparison...

I happen to be in St. Pete on Monday and I stopped into one of my favorite delis; Mazzaro. The meat display was full, the prepared food displays (lasagna, stuffed shells, etc.) full again. They bake their own bread daily, FULL! All the shelves were full!
Everybody went home.
Old 03-20-2020, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
My husband just returned from Colony Publix. The staff were removing multiple items from peoples carts. One women had 10 packages of bacon. They took 8 from her.
I think they should have started that sooner. I snagged a pork tenderloin a couple days ago but ended up giving it to the elderly woman in line behind me. Husband and I don’t need 3 meals a day. Courtesy is out the window
Old 03-20-2020, 08:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,506 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trishakaye View Post
I think they should have started that sooner. I snagged a pork tenderloin a couple days ago but ended up giving it to the elderly woman in line behind me. Husband and I don’t need 3 meals a day. Courtesy is out the window
How do you know she actually needed it? And why did you take it, if you didn't need it?

What we need to do is practice self-restraint and personal accountability. If you need one, get one. If you don't need one, leave it for someone else to get, and don't take it in the first place.
Old 03-20-2020, 09:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

The hording surely must be done by now. The stores have been in re-supply mode for the last couple of weeks.
There is no reason to think there is a potential food shortage.

So at some point shopping should be approaching normalcy....go to the store as per pre-hording and virus scare.

One would think!
Old 03-20-2020, 09:12 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
The hording surely must be done by now. The stores have been in re-supply mode for the last couple of weeks.

So at some point shopping should be approaching normalcy....go to the store as per pre-hording and virus scare.

One would think!
Some things are still on catch-up, in particular hand sanitizers, thermometers, and rubbing alcohol.

Fortunately most (if not all) stores are enforcing strict limits on how many "of each" the customers are allowed to buy. Unfortunately, it doesn't stop the greedy from buying one of each - then returning to the store seconds later for another one of each. Or bringing their 3 kids with them and each of THEM buying one of each, etc. etc.

That's the nature of retail. There will always be people who will get around the rules, if they can - not because of any necessity, but simply because they can.

Most customers are honest and appreciated by the stores where they shop. A few - well let's just say it's usually the few who ruin it for everyone else.
Old 03-20-2020, 09:16 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post

One would think!

I sure hope so. I never did any hording food and now when I go the the store not having good luck. The shelves are bare in many spots.
This COVID 19 is going to change the world as we know it.
Old 03-20-2020, 09:56 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
I was at Winn Dixie and one of the employees was taping a sign asking shoppers to take only one wipe for the basket. Seems people were taking several. Ugh!
Old 03-20-2020, 01:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
[/COLOR][/I][/B]

I sure hope so. I never did any hording food and now when I go the the store not having good luck. The shelves are bare in many spots.
This COVID 19 is going to change the world as we know it.
I really don't think so. People have short memories. Once we are well past this crisis and normalcy returns, it will be business as usual. I hope so anyway!
Old 03-20-2020, 01:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
I was at Winn Dixie and one of the employees was taping a sign asking shoppers to take only one wipe for the basket. Seems people were taking several. Ugh!
Believe me, I tried to take only one. Really, only one is all anyone needs. I pulled and three came out all at once and it was impossible to snatch only one without touching the other two. I'm really good at this too because I use these wipes all the time at the gym. So sorry.

Publix and Winn Dixie are out of the wipes at this point. I was at a Publix on 441 today and they had someone wiping down the cart handles and the front of the baskets. She let me know which baskets were already wiped down and ready to go.
Old 03-20-2020, 03:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Believe me, I tried to take only one. Really, only one is all anyone needs. I pulled and three came out all at once and it was impossible to snatch only one without touching the other two. I'm really good at this too because I use these wipes all the time at the gym. So sorry.

Publix and Winn Dixie are out of the wipes at this point. I was at a Publix on 441 today and they had someone wiping down the cart handles and the front of the baskets. She let me know which baskets were already wiped down and ready to go.
I think the previous poster was referring to people who do it on purpose. We had that problem last week - customers were coming in and digging down into the dispenser stand, pulling up a couple of inches worth of wipes and stuffing them into ziplock baggies in their purses.

A couple of customers didn't even bother with that - they just opened the dispenser and took the whole box of wipes.

That might be one of the reasons there's someone wiping the carts down at the stores now FOR the customers - to reduce the amount of people who will just take the wipes.
Old 03-20-2020, 05:00 PM
Veteran member

I want to Thank the " Hoarders " . The Beer, Wine, Cheese, Olives, Tomatoes, Microwave Popcorn, are all well stocked. You have your priorities I have mine.

Keep on Hoarding.
Closed Thread

Tags
listed, list, brands, products, pasta

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.