Enclose air conditioning unit in Amarillo

Closed Thread
Old 07-30-2021, 05:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts
Default Enclose air conditioning unit in Amarillo

I am looking for a recommendation for either a handiman or a retired carpenter. I would like to enclose the air conditioning unit in our utility room. If you have had this done and would like to recommend someone I would appreciate it..

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 07-30-2021, 07:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,416 Times in 5,107 Posts

Try Aloha Larry, 561-239-0797
Old 07-31-2021, 08:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,874 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
I am looking for a recommendation for either a handiman or a retired carpenter. I would like to enclose the air conditioning unit in our utility room. If you have had this done and would like to recommend someone I would appreciate it..
Not sure I understand what you want to have done. An air conditioner needs to be open
to pump heat out. I suggest you contact someone who knows about air conditioning to determine if you can or should enclose what you are thinking.
Old 07-31-2021, 08:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,416 Times in 5,107 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
Not sure I understand what you want to have done. An air conditioner needs to be open
to pump heat out. I suggest you contact someone who knows about air conditioning to determine if you can or should enclose what you are thinking.
You can build a cabinet around the air handling inside the house, as long as you provide doors that are large enough to allow for maintenance or replacement of the unit. Many of the units in the garage are enclosed in a cabinet with double doors to access the unit.
Old 08-01-2021, 07:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
Appreciate your helpful advice, but in my case the AC is in my utility room and I would like to have it boxed in. It is usually done by building a sturdy frame with a removable front panel, or panels. Looks great when finished.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Closed Thread

Tags
air, enclose, unit, conditioning, recommend

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.