Depressing

Closed Thread
Old 04-10-2011, 03:02 PM
Unhappy Depressing

We will be in the Clermont arear in a few weeks and plan to visit the villages again. An unoffical visit. We REALLY want to move to Fl was that is where our family is located.
BUT, I will need to work - basically for health insurance.
After reading alot of the posts lately, the job market is not good.
I don't care about the pay just the insurance. I am an RN, but have not practiced in 10 yrs so would be better in an insurance department or admitting. I also hae retail experience and am presnetly working for a registered agent company.
Is there any reason we should visit? Or will we just be getting our hopes up for nothing?
Any input would be apprecitated. Thank you, BJ
Old 04-10-2011, 03:31 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191

Cheer up!!!! I would think that your employment background would fit well at this time with the medical activity expanding rapidly in this area. Go for it and keep positive thoughts; you'll feel better.

Good luck.....b

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney
Old 04-10-2011, 03:50 PM
Veteran member

Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Go for it. Russ Boston did and look what he has accomplished. I am in awe of Russ and what he has done.

"Live life while you're alive, because when you're dead, you're dead a long time".- Roland Michael Curtis
Old 04-10-2011, 04:01 PM
Veteran member

BJ,

Why don't you put a telephone call in to Human Resources at the Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Gainesville? They are the servicing office for the VA Outpatient Clinic in The Villages.

If you have nursing skills, they would probably be happy to speak with you. If there are no openings in the VA Outpatient Clinic, there are probably openings at the VAMC, Gainesville.
Old 04-10-2011, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJinTX View Post
We will be in the Clermont arear in a few weeks and plan to visit the villages again. An unoffical visit. We REALLY want to move to Fl was that is where our family is located.
I don't care about the pay just the insurance. I am an RN, but have not practiced in 10 yrs so would be better in an insurance department or admitting. I also hae retail experience and am presnetly working for a registered agent company.
Is there any reason we should visit? Or will we just be getting our hopes up for nothing?

Here is a link that may be helpful - http://th-www2.thevillagesdailysun.c...yment/medical/.

Stay positive. Anything worth having is worth fighting for. Those of us longing to get to The Villages, feel it well worth everything to get there. Those who live there don't call it "paradise" for nothing. There is every reason to make your visit!

Best of luck.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:28 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Work

Check the add for Promise Hospital in the Daily Sun. They're on the Villages main page. Also I believe The Villages regional Hosp. is hiring.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Yes! There are plenty of reasons you should visit. For one, to enjoy your visit. The job market might not be great, but you don't need a great job market-- you only need a job. You have a good background and will probably need some patience and persistence to go with it.

If you try, you might not get a job right away. If you don't try, you definitely will not get one.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Make an unofficial visit? Absolutely! if for no other reason than to make TV part of a relaxing vacation.

If you really want to move to FL- regardless of the reason- then you need to put yourself in a position to do just that.

If you don't, you will live the rest of your life wondering, what if?

If I infer correctly nursing is was your first love, professionally (unless of course you are a profesional lover, which opens up a completely different set of opportunities that might be better addresssed after the children leave the room

Anyway, getting back on point.

Consider this a friendly, supportive, yet firm kick in the backside:
1. Do what you must to get yourself current as an RN;
2. Simultaneously research area employment opportunities for RN (what a great profession...provide care, compassion, and comfort to those in need during a very stressful time in their life, and as I understand it a profession in great demand);
3. Submit resume and/or application to prospective employers;
4. Go on interviews;
5. Accept the job offer that best fits your lifestyle;
6. Buy in TV;
7. Leave TX;
8. Live happily ever after.

That's the way I see it....the bigger question...is that the way you can see it?

Last edited by gmcneill; 04-11-2011 at 11:43 AM. Reason: I wrote a follow-up post
Old 04-10-2011, 07:13 PM
Gold member

Here is a link to all jobs at the Village hospital and also Leesburg Regional.

https://www.leesburgregional.net/emp...mp_openall.php
Old 04-10-2011, 07:25 PM

You should have no problem finding work. Google careers Florida.

Last edited by aaffmom; 04-10-2011 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Add
Old 04-11-2011, 09:57 AM
Sage

Quote:
I was in the same position when I saw TV the fhe first time and wanted to move. It's a long story and very boring. I did not search hard enough and I am sorry that I didn't. Now I am having a hard time selling my condo and I can't wait to move.

I am sure you will be able to find something that you can do.

There is an HR department on Main Street near Spanish Springs you can try.

Good luck on making it happen.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:36 AM
Default RN

I have spoken with a recruiter. As an RN. Since I have done labor and delivery for 15 years there is a very good chance of me finding a job as a nurse even in a 55 community in others areas of nursing. You have to be willing to retrain in other areas. They told meat the villages hospital they could find me a fit and not to worry. We just put our house on the market las Monday. Don't worry be happy!
Old 04-11-2011, 11:41 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by whartonjelly View Post
.......Don't worry be happy!
EXACTLY! Now THAT'S the right attitude!!

Bill
Old 04-11-2011, 12:21 PM
Smile

Thank you! Thank you! to all of you. I will look in to the sites you suggested.
We did visit the Villages about 2 years ago and loved it!
We would hope we would not have a hard time selling our house as it is part of a country club community and Kerrville, TX is know as a retirement community for those from the bigger cities in TX.
I will let you know! BJ
Old 04-11-2011, 01:03 PM
Sage

BJ:

I forgot to mention in my post my family's last name's nickname is BJ.

Since you have medical experience, I'm sure you will be able to get something that has benefits.

I fell in love with TV the first time I visited and can't wait to be permanet.

Good Luck again.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.