Enclosing the lanaii...

Enclosing the lanaii...

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 03-07-2019, 10:44 AM
Veteran member

Recently I had my Lanai enclosed and enjoy it much more. Just slide the windows open if you want and close them when you want.

Old 03-07-2019, 11:29 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Recently I had my Lanai enclosed and enjoy it much more. Just slide the windows open if you want and close them when you want.
If you have pictures and want to share, I would love to see them. We signed to have ours enclosed this week but still have a birdcage. I am glad you are enjoying yours. We have kicked the idea around for eight years and recently saw a neighbors enclosed that was so welcoming and comfortable.
Old 03-08-2019, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henryk View Post
Not to be rude, but I don't understand why anyone would want to enclose an outdoor, screened, roofed(?) area. Sorry. I just don't get it.

And by the way, is it "ruff" as in a dog's bark, "roof" as compared to "book," or "rouf" as in "proof?"
To make the space usable in the summer and winter. If you want the outdoors open the sliders and it is the same screened area you had before but you can shut the doors when it rains and when it is 95 or 35 degrees and 90% humidity.
Old 03-09-2019, 07:56 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash View Post
To make the space usable in the summer and winter. If you want the outdoors open the sliders and it is the same screened area you had before but you can shut the doors when it rains and when it is 95 or 35 degrees and 90% humidity.
Don't you have a living room? I don't get it either.
Old 03-09-2019, 08:07 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
Don't you have a living room? I don't get it either.
We are hoping to use the space as a place I can use my paints on a surface that can be wiped up, and use it with a pull out bed when the family comes and continue to use it as an outdoor space with the sliders open.

I understand your view, and hope we find it useful.
Old 03-09-2019, 08:13 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
We are hoping to use the space as a place I can use my paints on a surface that can be wiped up, and use it with a pull out bed when the family comes and continue to use it as an outdoor space with the sliders open.

I understand your view, and hope we find it useful.
Old 03-09-2019, 08:37 AM

I’ve seen it done to make a family room in addition to the living room. Some are done really nicely, so it looks like it was always there. I’m not interested in doing that to my house, but I have seen it done well.
Old 03-09-2019, 10:24 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
If you have pictures and want to share, I would love to see them. We signed to have ours enclosed this week but still have a birdcage. I am glad you are enjoying yours. We have kicked the idea around for eight years and recently saw a neighbors enclosed that was so welcoming and comfortable.
I'm not much on posting pics but I am sure you will find your Lanai to be more comfortable and more user friendly. Not only are you keeping out the rain, but also the wind and pollen. I put indoor/outdoor carpet in mine and very happy.
When you enclose a Lanai, you're not loosing anything, you're gaining more usable space.
Old 03-10-2019, 11:29 AM

I sit in my enclosed lanai when it's cold, raining, windy etc. During the hurricane I sat out there and watched TV. If I want fresh air, I open the sliders all the way and sit outside in the caged area.
Old 03-10-2019, 02:21 PM
Sage

We have a birdcage on one end of the lanai and a patio on the other. When we did the enclosure of the Lanai it expanded the open feel of the house, provided more conversation areas, gave us better views outside and is weather flexible. As those that don't enclose don't get it, I don't get not doing it.....all a matter of what works for you.

Berks County Pennsylvania

Tags
raising, enclosing, lanaii, acrylic, glass