Entertainer

Closed Thread
Old 02-13-2019, 11:58 AM
Smile Entertainer

We have a small group of neighbors who socialize with a party twice a year. We really need a Villager entertainer who just loves to perform for the love of doing it. We have no budget but could perhaps"pass the hat"... and of course join us for dinner.

bjwdk1@embarqmail.com
Old 02-13-2019, 01:34 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by refeik View Post
We have a small group of neighbors who socialize with a party twice a year. We really need a Villager entertainer who just loves to perform for the love of doing it. We have no budget but could perhaps"pass the hat"... and of course join us for dinner.

bjwdk1@embarqmail.com
I don't know about finding somebody who wants to do it for free but if I was you I would go over to open mic night at the Corkscrew in Spanish Springs on Thursdays last I knew. There are some pretty good entertainers there who were in groups in their previous lives. You might be able to get one of them to agree to it. Also, most of the real entertainers they have that perform there on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday work solely for tips. Entertainment is 6 to 9 PM.
Old 02-13-2019, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
I don't know about finding somebody who wants to do it for free but if I was you I would go over to open mic night at the Corkscrew in Spanish Springs on Thursdays last I knew. There are some pretty good entertainers there who were in groups in their previous lives. You might be able to get one of them to agree to it. Also, most of the real entertainers they have that perform there on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday work solely for tips. Entertainment is 6 to 9 PM.
I will check out your suggestion. Thanks.
Old 02-14-2019, 07:53 AM

If you could "pass the hat", try doing it ahead of time so that you have something to offer an entertainer. Expecting someone to work for free is not really fair to them.
Old 02-14-2019, 08:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,349 Times in 2,505 Posts

I will sing for free.
Once the people hear me, they are always very generous when the hat is passed, just to get rid of me.
I earn a fortune!
Closed Thread

Tags
entertainer, budget, dinner, bjwdk1@embarqmail.com, join

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.