CDD Fee

Closed Thread
Old 05-25-2011, 08:55 PM
Default CDD Fee

I have few questions about the CDD fees.

How does one find out what the fees are on a home they want to purchase? I have a listing I am interested in and it says that the annual CDD is $306 The Villages Estimated Monthly Cost of Living estimates the monthly Dev District Assessment is about $ 192 per MONTH? Is this something different than the CDD or the same fee?

Also, can I look up somewhere what that CDD is on a new home in Tamarind Grove?
Old 05-25-2011, 09:35 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1130 View Post
I have few questions about the CDD fees.

How does one find out what the fees are on a home they want to purchase? I have a listing I am interested in and it says that the annual CDD is $306 The Villages Estimated Monthly Cost of Living estimates the monthly Dev District Assessment is about $ 192 per MONTH? Is this something different than the CDD or the same fee?

Also, can I look up somewhere what that CDD is on a new home in Tamarind Grove?
I don't know about the newest homes. IF you have an address you can go to :http://www.sumterpa.com/GIS/Search_F.asp and find out taxes, etc. To see how much CDD fee, after putting the address in the search box you can click on "Retrieve Tax Record" and see taxes and fees.

This is very useful when looking a pre-owned properties as it also gives you the Sales History.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:31 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyquat View Post
I don't know about the newest homes. IF you have an address you can go to :http://www.sumterpa.com/GIS/Search_F.asp and find out taxes, etc. To see how much CDD fee, after putting the address in the search box you can click on "Retrieve Tax Record" and see taxes and fees.

This is very useful when looking a pre-owned properties as it also gives you the Sales History.
I believe you might have CDD fees confused with bond and tax information and CDD fees cannot be looked up online that I know of.

Tamarind Grove is in CDD #8 and I believe the information that Mark1130 is looking for might be available from their office. The following is the link for their webpage and the office phone number is available on that page.

http://www.districtgov.org/yourdistr...spx?district=8

Update: After reviewing my CDD's budget I noted that the Bond & Maintainance fees are actually CDD fees, but they are collected by the county for the VCDD's by mutual agreement. The only change from what I already stated is that Bond & Maintainance can be checked, but only the annual amounts and not the full amount of the bond. The full amount of the bond would have to be obtained from the CDD as well as other CDD fee amounts or basis for non-fixed fees. BTW, you can also obtain an original schedule of the payments for the 30 years of the bond from the CDD that's similar to a mortgage schedule. With it you should be able to figure the balance remaining at any given point in time.
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"

Last edited by skyguy79; 05-26-2011 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Update on CDD Fees Information I Stated
Old 05-26-2011, 09:19 PM

Tamarind Grove bond approx 20,500 give or take a few $$. The breakdown we got was approx 900 for the maintenance part and approx 1600 for bond (annually). Don't know if this is the same for all lots in TG, but would think it should be close.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:02 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to Bikeabit
Cool CDD vs DDA

Could someone explain the different between these two assessments/taxes or are they part and parcel to each other. Thanks
Old 05-27-2011, 11:26 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikeabit View Post
Could someone explain the different between these two assessments/taxes or are they part and parcel to each other. Thanks
If I'm understanding your question correctly and I'm not sure I am, the short answer is that one is for the original bond established to cover the preliminary development expenses in the creation of a district (bond) and the other is for the ongoing annual expenses of the district. (maintaince)
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 05-27-2011, 12:45 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to Bikeabit
Wink CDD vs DDA

Thanks Skyguy, I think I understand now.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.