Entertainment on Squares cancelled indefinitely.

Closed Thread
Old 03-14-2020, 09:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

No Line dancers

Last edited by karostay; 03-14-2020 at 10:29 AM.
Old 03-14-2020, 09:41 AM

My husband and I have a rental for the month of April. Can someone tell me if neighborhood pools, restaurants, and golf courses are still open? We are not cancelling our trip yet....but if all these things are closed, it doesn’t make much sense to come.
Old 03-14-2020, 10:03 AM
Default A real shame

Insanity runs rampant, and we are all following it (well, not ALL of us) down a dark path......
Old 03-14-2020, 10:27 AM
Post Villages Shut Down

With almost everything shut down in TV, we should all be thankful that most folks here are not in their child bearing years. It seems like there will not be much else to keep us occupied for the near future.....

Remain safe everyone. This could get much worse before it gets better.
Old 03-14-2020, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe V. View Post
So with all TV closings indefinitely I trust amenity fees payments will be suspended too. /s
That'll be the day! They are not going to lose a dollar for ANY reason.
Old 03-14-2020, 11:51 AM
Default Fresh air

Does anyone else think "critically" that a lot of this is overblown.

Captain Obvious
Old 03-14-2020, 12:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHILLY RICHARD View Post
That'll be the day! They are not going to lose a dollar for ANY reason.
So Dick from Philly.... please tell us you understand how the AMENITIES FEE works. How the amount is set and where it goes. Who do you think "is not going to lose a dollar for ANY reason?" I'll wait. And welcome to TOTV (Talk of the Virus) I noticed it is your 1st. post. Sorry it took a Pandemic to get you to join us.

Last edited by CWGUY; 03-14-2020 at 06:04 PM.
Old 03-14-2020, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decadeofdave View Post
Does anyone else think "critically" that a lot of this is overblown.

Captain Obvious
Apparently there are few in that camp but I'm with you. What has me flummoxed is why the "powers that be" (whoever they are) have decided to cancel events that can/would provide some entertainment for the masses that might be cooped up or, eventually, quarantined for protracted periods, e.g. hockey, nascar, etc. Why wouldn't "they" still have the event minus spectators in the stands and just issue refunds to current ticketholders - most event venues are issuing refunds anyway. Broadcast revenues would still be maintained and entertainment would not be curtailed. I'm not a sports fan, anyway, but as Captain Obvious has posited, critical thinkers might question this approach by the "powers that be". Could some/all of this be part of something more covert or just IMHO a not well-thought-out, i.e. knee-jerk response to the situation? I'm sure one of you will be kind enough to enlighten me
Old 03-14-2020, 02:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts
Default let's just go with the flow on this

we've just had a lot of our plans scrubbed...actually slowing down to the speed of everyday life may not be that bad of a thing to do for awhile

within a month we'll all know whether this was 'over reaction' or bright proactive thinking

1st time I was promoted to a managerial position my VP said to me "There are going to be times when you will have to make a decision. Some people will be happy with your decision, some won't, but if you fail to make a decision no one will be happy."

based on what I'm reading in this thread it seems like that advice is still true

I takes courage to make decisions....it doesn't take any courage to stand on the sidelines using a fake name and complain

just saying

just saying
Old 03-14-2020, 02:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
we've just had a lot of our plans scrubbed...actually slowing down to the speed of everyday life may not be that bad of a thing to do for awhile

within a month we'll all know whether this was 'over reaction' or bright proactive thinking

1st time I was promoted to a managerial position my VP said to me "There are going to be times when you will have to make a decision. Some people will be happy with your decision, some won't, but if you fail to make a decision no one will be happy."

based on what I'm reading in this thread it seems like that advice is still true

I takes courage to make decisions....it doesn't take any courage to stand on the sidelines using a fake name and complain

just saying

just saying
One of my favorites was be part of the solution not the problem.
Old 03-14-2020, 04:22 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emkay56 View Post
My husband and I have a rental for the month of April. Can someone tell me if neighborhood pools, restaurants, and golf courses are still open? We are not cancelling our trip yet....but if all these things are closed, it doesn’t make much sense to come.
At this point the neighborhood pools, restaurants, and golf courses are still open. There are stories in the paper on how much extra cleaning the restaurants are doing to help people feel okay about eating out. I doubt golfing will close. You aren’t standing close to people and aren’t touching anything but your own clubs. They are now allowing people to ride alone, even if it means four carts in a foursome.
Old 03-14-2020, 04:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts

Probably should open gates period, those buttons that open gates are probably contaminated.
Old 03-14-2020, 04:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
Probably should open gates period, those buttons that open gates are probably contaminated.
Maybe use your gate card and don't loan it to anyone. Actually the recommendation is to use a knuckle if you have to push a button. If anyone picks their nose..... try not to go past the first knuckle.
Old 03-14-2020, 05:44 PM

And so it begins
Closed Thread

Tags
canceled, villages, entertainment, squares, indefinitely

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.