Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   This "entitled" golfer just infuriated me, and should infuriate everyone else as well (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/entitled-golfer-just-infuriated-me-should-infuriate-everyone-else-well-265912/)

Shbullet 06-18-2018 08:34 PM

Par

Quote:

Originally Posted by VApeople (Post 1553942)
If your husband were an experienced golfer, he would have know that 'executive' courses are always short with mostly par 3 holes

You mean our exec courses are not the same quality as Pebble Beach? What a surprise.

And I bet he didnt par each hole!

crash 06-19-2018 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chatbrat (Post 1553813)
Wondering how many people never played golf before moving to TV--"free" anything attracts the wannabe's

Really Wanna Be because they want to take up golf which they do pay for every month whether the golf or not in their amenity fee.

Yes everyone should follow the rules but just because someone is new to the game of golf should not make them a wanna be.

stan the man 06-19-2018 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kfrgolf (Post 1553769)
Why didn't you confront the idiot?

Amen

karostay 06-19-2018 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EPutnam1863 (Post 1553903)
When we visited some friends in TV, my husband was taken out to their "free" executive golf course to play golf. He was surprised to see that it was only par 3 and was completely unchallenging. The grass was in poor condition. I guess he was spoiled after having played golf in Pebble Beach, CA. But these "free" courses are great for those wanting or needing to practice everyday before attempting the championship courses.

Did he shoot under par?
I bet not

EPutnam1863 06-19-2018 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 1553934)
Great Self Control on your part.

Oh I think he does know about golf etiquette but does not care.

EPutnam1863 06-19-2018 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topspinmo (Post 1554245)
On the rare occasion I play golf I never look for ball I hit out of boundaries. For one I'm too embarrassed and two Only a cheap X$$ DS looks for balls holding up play.

Cheap? You ought to see players at the Suntree Golf Course un Melbourne, FL. They literally search for their balls in the ponds.

graciegirl 06-19-2018 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EPutnam1863 (Post 1554511)
Cheap? You ought to see players at the Suntree Golf Course un Melbourne, FL. They literally search for their balls in the ponds.

Alligators consider that menu item...…..

Wait for it...………………………..

Duffer Oysters.

DonH57 06-19-2018 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EPutnam1863 (Post 1554511)

There are definately those cheap types here in the villages. You know those white and green striped " Villages" practice balls for range use, I stumble upon them where ever I play? I gather them and return them home to the range.:MOJE_whot: