This "entitled" golfer just infuriated me, and should infuriate everyone else as well

Closed Thread
Old 06-16-2018, 07:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts
Default This "entitled" golfer just infuriated me, and should infuriate everyone else as well

So here we are, 7:50, after some heavy rain. Egret had been closed all day for maintenance, the pins were laid alongside the green and the tee markers were not set out. Lo and behold, along comes a single playing down 6, skips 7, then plays 8. IF the course was even open, it most likely would be cart path only, but this guy just drives his cart down the middle of the fairway, sloshing along all the way. Didn't bother to fill his divot, drove right up to the green between the putting surface and a bunker, and then skidded down the hill. God only knows how much damage he did to the course, as well as where he got his entitled attitude. Geez.
Old 06-16-2018, 07:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Ya shoulda shot his tires...and flattened them.

Old 06-16-2018, 07:42 PM
Platinum member

Another entitled, selfish idiot.

Last edited by patfla06; 06-16-2018 at 09:00 PM.
Old 06-16-2018, 08:15 PM
Gold member

We live in Gilchrist with our lanai overlooking the 8th green of Kildeer. Pinellas Place runs between our lanai and the course.
We had just moved in and were sitting on our lanai and watching the golfers putt on the green.
All of the sudden this ball lands in our yard. The next thing we know, this guy comes running across Pinellas with his pitching wedge and before we could say anything he hits his ball from our yard back across Pinellas toward the green!!
We were shocked! I did manage to say “Next time please don’t hit from our yard”, too stunned to think of much else to say!
He yells over his shoulder, “just giving your grass a trim!”
We were both dumbstruck! He was not only rude but so arrogant and entitled. Obviously knows nothing of golf etiquette, or etiquette in general.
Old 06-16-2018, 08:17 PM

Why didn't you confront the idiot?
Old 06-16-2018, 08:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Need to have a camera at the ready to take photo's of these idiots.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 06-16-2018, 09:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kfrgolf View Post
I can think of a number of reasons...why that would/could have been a dumb thing to do.

Especially since the person wasn't on his (or his neighbors) property.

GE could have called Community Watch though...and maybe they could have caught the jerk.
Old 06-16-2018, 09:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,318 Times in 2,055 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
So here we are, 7:50, after some heavy rain. Egret had been closed all day for maintenance, the pins were laid alongside the green and the tee markers were not set out. Lo and behold, along comes a single playing down 6, skips 7, then plays 8. IF the course was even open, it most likely would be cart path only, but this guy just drives his cart down the middle of the fairway, sloshing along all the way. Didn't bother to fill his divot, drove right up to the green between the putting surface and a bunker, and then skidded down the hill. God only knows how much damage he did to the course, as well as where he got his entitled attitude. Geez.
I would have yelled "fore" a number of times at the top of my lungs and watched what happened. Fore! - Scottish Golf History
Old 06-16-2018, 10:02 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57
Angry

Quote:
Definitely a complete entitled, ignorant, a hole! If the course is closed means you stay off it. What a shame.
Old 06-16-2018, 11:16 PM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kfrgolf View Post
If possible, I would have picked up the ball and thrown it as far as I could in the opposite direction.
Old 06-17-2018, 02:14 AM
Sage

a new reason all golf carts should have some kind of ID, be it a tag or decal
Old 06-17-2018, 02:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Should have cut loose the old "Bag of Snakes" on him so he would have had a memory or maybe no memory of the day! Priceless.
Old 06-17-2018, 05:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
a new reason all golf carts should have some kind of ID, be it a tag or decal

I think you should own a nice golf cart first to see how you like them and the golf carting experience here. It is super fun and interesting but unfortunately you cannot legislate kindness and respect and morality.

This incident is particularly appalling because golf has always earned the reputation of it's players being polite, and rule abiding.

I find all of society is becoming more "I will do whatever I want". I don't like it.
Old 06-17-2018, 06:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti105 View Post
We live in Gilchrist with our lanai overlooking the 8th green of Kildeer. Pinellas Place runs between our lanai and the course.
We had just moved in and were sitting on our lanai and watching the golfers putt on the green.
All of the sudden this ball lands in our yard. The next thing we know, this guy comes running across Pinellas with his pitching wedge and before we could say anything he hits his ball from our yard back across Pinellas toward the green!!
We were shocked! I did manage to say “Next time please don’t hit from our yard”, too stunned to think of much else to say!
He yells over his shoulder, “just giving your grass a trim!”
We were both dumbstruck! He was not only rude but so arrogant and entitled. Obviously knows nothing of golf etiquette, or etiquette in general.
He also doesn't know anything about the rules of golf seeing as how your yard is obviously out of bounds.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 06-17-2018, 06:27 AM
Sage

Wondering how many people never played golf before moving to TV--"free" anything attracts the wannabe's
Closed Thread

Tags
entitled, green, cart, fairway, sloshing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.