This "entitled" golfer just infuriated me, and should infuriate everyone else as well

Closed Thread
Old 06-17-2018, 12:19 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti105 View Post
We live in Gilchrist with our lanai overlooking the 8th green of Kildeer. Pinellas Place runs between our lanai and the course.
We had just moved in and were sitting on our lanai and watching the golfers putt on the green.
All of the sudden this ball lands in our yard. The next thing we know, this guy comes running across Pinellas with his pitching wedge and before we could say anything he hits his ball from our yard back across Pinellas toward the green!!
We were shocked! I did manage to say “Next time please don’t hit from our yard”, too stunned to think of much else to say!
He yells over his shoulder, “just giving your grass a trim!”
We were both dumbstruck! He was not only rude but so arrogant and entitled. Obviously knows nothing of golf etiquette, or etiquette in general.

Great Self Control on your part.
Old 06-17-2018, 12:22 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,465 Times in 545 Posts

I am still mulling over the idea of buying one of those paintball guns for those who feel they can breech the rules with impunity. Not only golfers, but golf cart drivers. :-)

But then, I would then fall into that category, wouldn’t I?

But maybe I should take Mickelson’s lead and evaluate the pros and cons before I took some action. Would I get probation? Would LE just roll their eyes at the old, senile person and laugh it off? Would I get sued? If so, would my umbrella policy cover it?

So many questions ...
Old 06-17-2018, 12:49 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,671 Times in 625 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPutnam1863 View Post
When we visited some friends in TV, my husband was taken out to their "free" executive golf course to play golf. He was surprised to see that it was only par 3 and was completely unchallenging.
If your husband were an experienced golfer, he would have know that 'executive' courses are always short with mostly par 3 holes

Quote:
I guess he was spoiled after having played golf in Pebble Beach, CA.
You mean our exec courses are not the same quality as Pebble Beach? What a surprise.
Old 06-17-2018, 12:59 PM
Veteran member

Oh the stories I could tell while living on the course. Guys playing in the dark with their headlights pointed to the green. Golfers driving all over my yard looking for a ball. Another guy telling me to f... o.. when I told him to stop beating my shrubs while he was looking for his ball. (Unfortunately I went after him, but the coward drove away). I was able to id him and found out he actually worked on one of the courses. No more. Daily Sun published the golf etiquette rules on Feb. 4, 2013. They need to be published again. Never play or retrieve a ball from the yard of a resident. Report any damage of private property. Playing is strictly prohibited beyond the property line of a resident, even if not designated by white stakes.
90% of our golfers are great and respectful and I am more than happy to let them get their ball (unless it's a ProV1) The trees have finally grown so I get very few balls any more. Love the view! ps last time I played Evans Prairie, I had to call up and tell them the fairways were so wet they should ban carts. We were sinking. Where is the course superintendent?
Old 06-17-2018, 01:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
When we visited some friends in TV, my husband was taken out to their "free" executive golf course to play golf. He was surprised to see that it was only par 3 and was completely unchallenging. The grass was in poor condition. I guess he was spoiled after having played golf in Pebble Beach, CA. But these "free" courses are great for those wanting or needing to practice everyday before attempting the championship courses.
The "free" executive courses are also great for most of us golfers who have no desire to play a championship course.
Old 06-17-2018, 01:33 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
When we visited some friends in TV, my husband was taken out to their "free" executive golf course to play golf. He was surprised to see that it was only par 3 and was completely unchallenging. The grass was in poor condition. I guess he was spoiled after having played golf in Pebble Beach, CA. But these "free" courses are great for those wanting or needing to practice everyday before attempting the championship courses.
Hmmmm, I play "championship" courses regularly and have played some tour courses but not Pebble. I love to play the executive courses, and usually try to play the level three and four tracks. I find the execs in TV to be mostly well maintained and designed and in some cases quite challenging (tell your hubby to try Pelican). I don't look at them as "practice" for the championship courses, but rather a unique experience on their own. I usually play in ninety minutes or less and enjoy not always having to slog through a five hour round. Everybody has to find their own comfort zone - mine is rather sizeable.
Old 06-17-2018, 01:41 PM
Soaring Eagle member

We do not live on a golf course here but have lived on Country Club courses in Texas and Georgia. Oh, the stories I could tell. It’s just not here in TV.
Old 06-17-2018, 02:16 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatbrat View Post
a new reason all golf carts should have some kind of id, be it a tag or decal
I think it’s become necessary due to the population.
Old 06-17-2018, 02:24 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti105 View Post
We live in Gilchrist with our lanai overlooking the 8th green of Kildeer. Pinellas Place runs between our lanai and the course.
We had just moved in and were sitting on our lanai and watching the golfers putt on the green.
All of the sudden this ball lands in our yard. The next thing we know, this guy comes running across Pinellas with his pitching wedge and before we could say anything he hits his ball from our yard back across Pinellas toward the green!!
We were shocked! I did manage to say “Next time please don’t hit from our yard”, too stunned to think of much else to say!
He yells over his shoulder, “just giving your grass a trim!”
We were both dumbstruck! He was not only rude but so arrogant and entitled. Obviously knows nothing of golf etiquette, or etiquette in general.
Unreal!
Old 06-17-2018, 02:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
I bet Pebble Beach wasn't free.
Old 06-17-2018, 02:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I bet Pebble Beach wasn't free.
Not quite-----$495 off season, $525 in season. Plus it's hard to get a tee time unless you stay at one of the resorts for $800-$1200/night. Now if you don't mind putting on a lunar landscape, the fee is only $250 for the week of 9/4 after they aerate.
Old 06-17-2018, 03:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Not quite-----$495 off season, $525 in season. Plus it's hard to get a tee time unless you stay at one of the resorts for $800-$1200/night. Now if you don't mind putting on a lunar landscape, the fee is only $250 for the week of 9/4 after they aerate.
Yes, so hardly a good comparison between a TV course and Pebble Beach.
Old 06-17-2018, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
My neighbor works at the golf courses and thinks golfers are rudest, most demamding and selfish people in TV.
We
used to live on a golf course and the golfers will stop at nothing to get their ball even after they had hit your home.I was even told thats what you get for living on a golf course. The ambassadors cannot do a thing about these rude golfers and yes there were many! We had to move and are very happy to be away from that nightmare and yes it was in the villages!
Old 06-17-2018, 10:24 PM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
My neighbor works at the golf courses and thinks golfers are rudest, most demamding and selfish people in TV.
Straight from the horse's mouth...or better still, straight from the gopher's mouth...
Old 06-17-2018, 10:36 PM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
If your husband were an experienced golfer, he would have know that 'executive' courses are always short with mostly par 3 holes

You mean our exec courses are not the same quality as Pebble Beach? What a surprise.
Yes, he was surprised because of the way our friends were raving endlessly about the golf courses as if they were of the Pebble Beach caliber. He was not told the course was "executive." In fact, he accepted their invitation to see for himself because he could not believe that it was possible to play on such a great course for free.

By the way, we lived only 1/2 hour from Pebble Beach, so he did not have to stay at an expensive resort there. But yes the fee was high but well worth it because of its beauty and challenges. I am sure you have seen it on television.

However I acknowledge it would be great to be able to play golf all day and every day 365 (366 in a leap years) days a year without having to pay anything except for trail fees if you don't bring your own golf cart.

Last edited by EPutnam1863; 06-17-2018 at 10:46 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
entitled, green, cart, fairway, sloshing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.