Epitome of some Villagers entitled attitude

Closed Thread
Old 08-09-2018, 12:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Whenever I read posts like this, it makes me wonder what utopia people lived in prior to moving to The Villages, where no one broke traffic laws?
Old 08-09-2018, 01:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
Whenever I read posts like this, it makes me wonder what utopia people lived in prior to moving to The Villages, where no one broke traffic laws?
I have argued this point on this forum for years. I grew up in Ohio. Good manners and restraint were expected in the Midwest in the fifties and sixties.

Now in Orlando it is a game to tail the driver ahead of you through a red light. I have seen two light changes when the traffic didn't pause going though a red light...near Disney.

Last edited by graciegirl; 08-09-2018 at 04:19 PM.
Old 08-09-2018, 01:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I know you and you are a great guy. However, I know tons of people in their lives who have NEVER given that one finger salute to a stranger. We kid around in our family and with our friends.....but I can't recall ever flipping someone off I didn't know. I HAVE thought about it...……….

I think it is geographical.

P.S. I might have said "and your horsey" under my breath......
And as someone who lived in the DC Metro area for years, and dealt with daily beltway and I66 traffic, I can tell you with complete certainty that traffic and bad driving here is significantly less.
Old 08-09-2018, 01:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
And as someone who lived in the DC Metro area for years, and dealt with daily beltway and I66 traffic, I can tell you with complete certainty that traffic and bad driving here is significantly less.
I would guess it would be. Just returned from that area a couple of weeks ago, but Photo we were talking about stopping for stop signs and how people react to that in certain areas of this country. Also horn honking and giving someone the bird.
Old 08-09-2018, 01:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
I would guess it would be. Just returned from that area a couple of weeks ago, but Photo we were talking about stopping for stop signs and how people react to that in certain areas of this country. Also horn honking and giving someone the bird.
And so was I. Ever been to NYC? I was simply stating it’s not unique to The Villages, by any stretch. That still doesn’t excuse bad behavior and bad manors.
Old 08-09-2018, 01:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
And so was I. Ever been to NYC? I was simply stating it’s not unique to The Villages, by any stretch. That still doesn’t excuse bad behavior and bad manors.
Many, many, many times. Just visited granddaughter in Manhattan.
Old 08-09-2018, 01:35 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

Must be snowbirds
Old 08-09-2018, 02:37 PM
Soaring Eagle member

It's a good way to get an ulcer, worrying about things you can't change. There are idiot entitled jerks everywhere, just let them be jerks, no worries, mate.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 08-09-2018, 02:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
It's a good way to get an ulcer, worrying about things you can't change. There are idiot entitled jerks everywhere, just let them be jerks, no worries, mate.
Perfectly put
Old 08-09-2018, 03:08 PM
Default Criteria?

I have never given the so called one finger salute. Please enlighten me so I follow protocol. What is the criteria that defines the conditions to qualify to provide the salute in TVs?
Old 08-09-2018, 03:29 PM

I lean more toward the entitled theory than geographical. This is but one example of many ways a precious (and I used that word on purpose) few around here somehow believe, in their own minds, that where they are going, how they are getting there, or what they are going for is of utmost importance and you, me (the rest of us) are just secondary and in the way. I believe it is a very small minority but stand out in a major way due to the attitude and behavior. You see it in retail and grocery stores, you see it in parking lots, restaurants, etc. The worse part is, these very same precious few have managed to raise a new generation that are even more special, precious, and entitled. Sometimes people make mistakes, they get distracted and they don't see you. But there are plenty of instances where they clearly look right at you, see you coming, and then proceed as if you are supposed to know they are late for a tee time, dinner, appointment and, darn it, you are supposed to somehow know that and yield to their haste.
Old 08-09-2018, 03:52 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ureout View Post
ok I'm gonna **** off some of you.. entitlement goes both ways.. i have stopped many times when a gate is lifting and the car goes thru i then proceed and attempt to cross only to see a second vehicle race thru under the gate.. and yes I have given them the 1 finger salute.. I have also crossed over after a vehicle passed thru and noticed that the gate only got 1/2 down and then raised again with another car coming thru.. EVERYONE needs to slow down

Never a classy response.
Old 08-09-2018, 06:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,506 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:
Apparently some people think stop signs and even street lights are "just a suggestion".

And you can't help but wonder how they feel about those other things like commandments.
Oh that's easy. I prefer mayo to ketchup, spicy brown to regular, and sweet relish to mustard relish.

Wait - didn't you just ask how I feel about condiments?
Old 08-09-2018, 06:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Was just going to write the same thing about Northern NJ and NYC. Makes the drivers here look like pros In NYC they paste "the finger" on their window so they don't have to use their hands.
Old 08-09-2018, 09:01 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Stop Signs are suggestions.

Nope...I think when people come here where everything is pretty much green all year round, they just think those signs are placed around in several places to add a little contrast to all that green.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Closed Thread

Tags
gate, approaching, sign, stop, continued

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.