equestrian center

Closed Thread
Old 12-24-2007, 04:38 PM
Default equestrian center

the villages has everything but an equestrian center, it would be nice to have one for those who would like to ride and stable a horse, there is a polo field, why not have this also.
Old 12-24-2007, 05:55 PM
Platinum member
Default Re: equestrian center

Since Central Florida has so many horse farms, I can't believe that there's no place to ride within a half-hour drive.
Old 12-26-2007, 03:12 AM
Sage
Default Re: equestrian center

I've been thinking of part boarding a horse in Florida since my horse is back in Canada. lovehorse I think I noticed a riding stable on 466A. Does anyone have any more info on stables?

Old 04-30-2014, 11:23 PM

I second that!! I am in the process of moving to the Villages and am an avid rider...I show frequently and ride higher level jumpers. I am having difficulty finding a close show barn that follows the A/AA rated shows. Help!!
Old 05-01-2014, 01:00 AM
Veteran member
Default horse will love it here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I've been thinking of part boarding a horse in Florida since my horse is back in Canada. lovehorse I think I noticed a riding stable on 466A. Does anyone have any more info on stables?
horse will love it here! he can go in the restaurants with you , u can order carrots for him!
Old 05-01-2014, 03:16 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbsugie View Post
I second that!! I am in the process of moving to the Villages and am an avid rider...I show frequently and ride higher level jumpers. I am having difficulty finding a close show barn that follows the A/AA rated shows. Help!!
A lot of the BNT's do the HITS show over the winter.

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 05-01-2014, 05:12 AM
Sage

Call D'anne for riding information. Her number is 352-578-4947
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 05-01-2014, 06:20 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gryoung View Post
Since Central Florida has so many horse farms, I can't believe that there's no place to ride within a half-hour drive.
Way better than that...a few miles from Spanish Springs, so much more than you can imagine and worth a visit even for non equestrians..
The Grand Oaks Resort - Home of the Florida Carriage Museum
Old 05-01-2014, 06:26 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to babbs455

I have to agree with you Kitty, the grand oaks is right down the road from us, we used to ride our horses out there..it's a great place riding or walking!!!
Old 05-01-2014, 06:30 AM
Platinum member

I really thought someone would have said it by now......if you ride your horse in TV, please bring GIANT plastic bags with you!

"Do no harm" (but take no sh**!)
Old 05-01-2014, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t fields View Post
the villages has everything but an equestrian center, it would be nice to have one for those who would like to ride and stable a horse, there is a polo field, why not have this also.
There's a beautiful barn in Ocala Does all the big shows Kimberden Dennis Mitchell partners in Kimberden has ridden and shown all his life. It's a little distance but the care and facility are great
Old 05-01-2014, 08:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

and for those who would like an equestrian center how much additional amenity fees are you willing to pay each month....it will be a big number since those of us (the majority) would not allow being assessed one dime toward it.

If the the developer has not put one in over the last 40 years it is obvious it is not an amenity for the good of the masses to attract them to move here.

Even if private investors were to consider it, the price of property in and around TV and the resultant insufficient return on investment would not allow such a facility to be built.

Central FL is one of the biggest horse country areas around....and like some of the things we all would like to have at our elbow......horse aficcianados will have to go off property.....it won't be far.

Good luck.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:32 AM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

There are many boarding and riding facilities in the area, you're in horse country! One boarding facility I know of is Delightful Acres. Owner is very knowledgable and runs a nice small stable. Plus you can purchase fresh eggs and homemade cheeses form her!

Horse Boarding, Eggs, Summerfield FL, Nigerian Dwarf Goats, Mini Horses
Old 05-01-2014, 10:34 AM

I agree... there may be a lot of farms within a short drive, but how nice it would be to jump in your golf cart and go visit your horse. If I could have a wish list, it would be located near the polo fields and have a covered arena....
Old 05-01-2014, 03:17 PM

Let me know when you move here I too showed in the A shows and would like to meet someone with the same interest I went to HITS every week. Some of my NY friends came down to show It would be nice to have someone to go to shows with My husband has no interest. That's what I miss the most If I was in NY I'd be at Saratoga now and Saugerties HITS
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.