Errant Golf Ball

Closed Thread
Old 06-09-2010, 10:45 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to BlueHeronFan

I had a golf ball bounce off my roof one time. The roof of my CAR! Scared the you know what out of me.

I also had a softball foul ball go thru my windshield even though I parked down the street.
Both happened outside of TV.

Just one of the unfair crap shoots of living another day. Better than the other option.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJblue View Post
As a person new to golf, this discussion has been quite a revelation to me. When I was younger, a golfer friend of mine was extolling on the greatness of the game. One of his points was that it was the game of gentlemen, where golfers regularly called penalties on themselves. Now, I'm a bit surprised to see the number of golfers who seem to think it's perfectly OK to break someone's window and not pay for the damages under the theory that it's the homeowner's responsibility because he had the audacity to buy a home there.
Not the golfers I have known for 40 years. I agree with PTurner...again. Her post about claiming responsiblity is what I would expect from the golfers that have been on the course with me. Of course every day people surprise me.

Not many homes on golf courses in TV are positioned to get errant balls. It is true that there are more novice golfers on executive courses here and it is also true that even accomplished golfers will hook or slice occasionally. I would look for a home on a championship course and positioned to not be within range.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:21 PM
Veteran member
Send a message via Yahoo to MelZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Not the golfers I have known for 40 years. I agree with PTurner...again. Her post about claiming responsiblity is what I would expect from the golfers that have been on the course with me. Of course every day people surprise me.

Not many homes on golf courses in TV are positioned to get errant balls. It is true that there are more novice golfers on executive courses here and it is also true that even accomplished golfers will hook or slice occasionally. I would look for a home on a championship course and positioned to not be within range.
The science I spoke of..............thanks GG
Old 06-09-2010, 02:07 PM

We actually just bought a Golf Site on friday --we spent several days parked on the site --watching golfers ----We also took pointers from this site---

Left side of course --most glofers like myself are righty --slice to the right
Home site is on Championship course --cuts down on errant strikes, hopefully
Cart path is on the opposite side of the course ...

If we get hit ---its our problem --we know the risks but we feel the rewards far surpass those ----and anyway I need a supply of golf balls because I send too many through other peoples windows
Old 06-09-2010, 02:46 PM
Veteran member
Send a message via Yahoo to MelZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsie52 View Post
We actually just bought a Golf Site on friday --we spent several days parked on the site --watching golfers ----We also took pointers from this site---

Left side of course --most glofers like myself are righty --slice to the right
Home site is on Championship course --cuts down on errant strikes, hopefully
Cart path is on the opposite side of the course ...

If we get hit ---its our problem --we know the risks but we feel the rewards far surpass those ----and anyway I need a supply of golf balls because I send too many through other peoples windows
Welcome

Best wishes on you new home
and thanks

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.