Essential Businesses under Stay at Home Order

Closed Thread
Old 04-03-2020, 05:49 AM
Default Essential Businesses under Stay at Home Order

By what stretch of anyone's imagination can "GOLF" be considered an essential business? Golf Shop employees are at risk each time they sign in a new golfer. Starters are at risk each time a golfer checks in at the starter shack. Golfers are at risk each time they encounter any of these employees. The answer can only be that Golf is too big a money maker to suspend despite the risks involved. How stupid!
Old 04-03-2020, 06:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by swooner View Post
By what stretch of anyone's imagination can "GOLF" be considered an essential business? Golf Shop employees are at risk each time they sign in a new golfer. Starters are at risk each time a golfer checks in at the starter shack. Golfers are at risk each time they encounter any of these employees. The answer can only be that Golf is too big a money maker to suspend despite the risks involved. How stupid!
How does this apply to executive golf ?
Old 04-03-2020, 08:29 AM

Post said nothing about Executive Golf. You should have got that message by my reference to profits. Now that you mention it, Executive Golf doesn't sound very essential either, even if it's free.
Old 04-03-2020, 01:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,316 Times in 870 Posts

Quote:
Post said nothing about Executive Golf. You should have got that message by my reference to profits. Now that you mention it, Executive Golf doesn't sound very essential either, even if it's free.
Don't play do you?

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 04-03-2020, 01:08 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Don't play do you?
Thank you for ending that exchange
Old 04-03-2020, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper1 View Post
Thank you for ending that exchange
And yet there are nail salons still open. Saw one at Lake Deaton Plaza and they had customers. What?
Old 04-03-2020, 01:32 PM

Not in the past three weeks I haven’t. Before that at least 3 times a week for over45 yrs, weather permitting of course. Does that answer your dumb question?
Old 04-03-2020, 02:46 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

In case people think golf is only being played here, think again.

Here'''s a state-by-state breakdown of where golf'''s allowed and where it isn'''t
Old 04-03-2020, 03:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

I love it ...I can't do what I like.... So I watch see what the other guy is doing and make big theatrical production..
Like fricken grade school around here....Little Johnny's playing marbles and and you told him not to
Old 04-03-2020, 03:46 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medtrans View Post
And yet there are nail salons still open. Saw one at Lake Deaton Plaza and they had customers. What?
Absurd! I see that Lowe’s is open for a huge sale this weekend. Essential? Perhaps for emergency stuff like plumbing and electrical, yes. But are mulch and plants essential? A travesty and dangerous. Life threatening. We can buy our mulch and then crowd into the pews. Money/politicians rule.
Old 04-03-2020, 04:21 PM
Default Please, iStay home

Stay home, please, stay home. Reduce the time you spend away from home. It is the only way to slow the rate of illness and death. It doesn’t matter what is open. Stay home, take a walk, read a book. We are not safe here in the bubble. Some of us are going to get very sick and die.

Don’t be selfish. Do the right thing, the hard thing. Please stay home.
Old 04-03-2020, 04:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,879 Times in 2,425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
In case people think golf is only being played here, think again.

Here'''s a state-by-state breakdown of where golf'''s allowed and where it isn'''t
Most likely not packed in like sardines either?
Old 04-03-2020, 04:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,879 Times in 2,425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageswimmer View Post
Absurd! I see that Lowe’s is open for a huge sale this weekend. Essential? Perhaps for emergency stuff like plumbing and electrical, yes. But are mulch and plants essential? A travesty and dangerous. Life threatening. We can buy our mulch and then crowd into the pews. Money/politicians rule.
Hey! My pepper plants are very important to me! Me, me. It all bout me
Old 04-04-2020, 11:01 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,307 Times in 541 Posts
Default Golf is exercise

Quote:
Golf is exercise and as a general rule not a profitable business. Since it’s beginning, The Villages has been a golfing and golf cart community. “Free golf for the rest of your life”! Of course, the free golf is only on the executive courses and these courses are maintained by your amenities fees. Golfing is certainly safer than going to the grocery three or four times a week. BTW it is much safer from Coronavirus than Pickleball, softball, playing cards, pools, etc. etc. and in recent days made even safer with the changes made. Is it totally safe, probably not, but neither is going to get your mail. Folks, chill out and relax a bit and don’t make life more miserable by anxiety and remember “when you throw dirt you just lose ground”. Have a good day.
Old 04-05-2020, 04:18 AM

My plants are very important, my golf, mulch, bird seed, a weed in my yard and the list goes on. Lowes is having a sale? This really does explain why the world has been given this virus. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, time, risk, essential, golfer

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.