Euros to Buy

Closed Thread
Old 01-29-2020, 11:42 AM
Veteran member
Default Euros to Buy

Looking to purchase Euros. Where's the best place?

PM if you have Euros you would like to sell.

TIA
Old 01-30-2020, 09:08 AM
Sage

If you have an account at Bank of America, it's easy to order foreign currency from them on line.
Old 01-30-2020, 09:22 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,247 Times in 362 Posts

Regions and Wells Fargo can exchange with a day or two heads up if you have an account. Best bet is to exchange a small amount - maybe a couple of hundred dollars - and then use you credit card in country. You will get a fair rate of exchange on CC purchases.

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 01-30-2020, 09:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Google says.
The cheapest places to buy Euros abroad are usually banks. European banks will take foreign cash and change it to Euros using the most current exchange rate. Most banks do not charge a transaction fee for the service; if they do, it will usually be smaller than an ATM's or a currency exchange's.

Personally I always go online, find best rate, and have them delivered if their rates are better than the banks.

Present official exchange rate is $1 = 0.91 Euros.

Never change at airports or bureau de change. Their rates are robbery.
Old 01-30-2020, 09:33 AM
Veteran member

Thank you all for information. Since we recently retired we are starting our traveling journey. Worked hard so we can enjoy the last third of our life. Like most folks who live here.
Old 01-30-2020, 03:09 PM
Veteran member

We cruise a lot and when we travel to Europe I [over] estimate what I think I need in various currencies and then order it online from our bank (Wells Fargo). When we get home I go to our local branch and exchange what is left for USD. We generally find that we need much less cash than I estimate but I don't want to have to worry about finding a bank when I need $$$. This is especially true if you cruise and have limited time in each port.

Good luck with your travels!

kathy
Closed Thread

Tags
euros, sell, place, purchase, buy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.