Even when surrounded by paradise there can still be warts.

Closed Thread
Old 09-30-2020, 07:22 AM
Default Even when surrounded by paradise there can still be warts.

I read about everything written here and elsewhere about TV because it is my goal to live and be a part of it. There are some changes going on in and around TV because where there is a general success some will seek to improve and others to profit. What is guaranteed is that things will change. Your dream home you bought five years ago has lost it's shine so the new one looks better etc. TV is an incredible place and no matter where I settle into it I will try to remember how special it looks each time I visit. The one thing that anyone who has not visited cannot realize is the size, scope and infrastructure. Warts are going to occur through failed ideas but I hope like has been the history of TV that as it grows some warts are removed keeping their numbers very small overall. Enjoy your day!
Old 09-30-2020, 07:30 AM
Veteran member

Keep the kool-aid close and take daily
Old 09-30-2020, 08:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Sage assessment. Hurry home. We will leave the lights on for ya.
Old 09-30-2020, 08:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,931 Times in 2,454 Posts

We’re all warts, some just aren’t visible.
Old 09-30-2020, 09:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,421 Times in 2,268 Posts

There are some great places to live but there are no perfect places to live. As long we keep our expectations realistic we'll be happy.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 09-30-2020, 09:38 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Vernon View Post
I read about everything written here and elsewhere about TV because it is my goal to live and be a part of it. There are some changes going on in and around TV because where there is a general success some will seek to improve and others to profit. What is guaranteed is that things will change. Your dream home you bought five years ago has lost it's shine so the new one looks better etc. TV is an incredible place and no matter where I settle into it I will try to remember how special it looks each time I visit. The one thing that anyone who has not visited cannot realize is the size, scope and infrastructure. Warts are going to occur through failed ideas but I hope like has been the history of TV that as it grows some warts are removed keeping their numbers very small overall. Enjoy your day!
Nice post.
Old 09-30-2020, 09:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Bad Day Quotes (44 quotes)

No matter how good life is, we all have unexpected bad things happen. AND some expected ones too.

Everyone, stay safe and strong.
Old 09-30-2020, 11:30 AM

Quote:
You are correct my Buckeye brother!
Old 09-30-2020, 01:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Quote:

Craig, keep focused on your goal, life in TV is pretty enjoyable

you'll continue to read complaints in this forum...don't be discouraged...just keep in mind that their unhappiness is all about themselves and the choices that they've made, that they failed to make and their ability to accept and adapt to change
Old 09-30-2020, 01:36 PM
Platinum member

If one does not visit this forum and does not read the online news, they will not even be aware of any warts.
Old 09-30-2020, 03:04 PM
Platinum member

When I consider where I want to live I know that you have to adapt to the new place and deal with changes. some good, some bad but you can surround yourself in the good, if you want to.
Old 10-01-2020, 05:01 AM
Thanked 1,306 Times in 237 Posts

Quote:
Most people wake up every day looking to make the day the best it can be and thankful for all the good things they have. Others wake up every day looking for things to be unhappy about and to complain about. You can see that out here by reading what villagers have to say. It really does come down to choice and self speak. It’s not about drinking the Kool-Aid every day as some negative people out here would have you believe! Choose happiness!
Old 10-01-2020, 05:54 AM

The warts don’t bother you unless their in your backyard. Stay safe.
Old 10-01-2020, 05:57 AM

Life is what one makes it, treat the warts accordingly they go away ! Enjoying life in TV
Old 10-01-2020, 06:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

One thing that surprise almost all new visitors is the size of The Villages. Currently, measured from north to south, roughly from CR 42 to the area where new development is underway, The Villages is approximately 33 miles “long”. As a comparison the City of Chicago is 27.9 miles from it’s border with Evanston to borders with far south suburbs. When one factors in the average speed of a golf cart, navigation thru tunnels, stops, etc., one can properly conclude that accessing amenities, shopping, etc. all over The Villages really isn’t practical. Choosing where you want to live in The Villages is an important consideration.

While there haven’t been many “warts” in the fifteen years we’ve lived here, times may be changing. The Morse family is now in its fourth generation of managing the development. The original contractors, designers, architects, department heads, etc. are also moving on to new generations of people with different experience, skills and personal objectives.

The Morse family and their objectives are something that may be changing as well and should be considered. The first two generations, Harold Schwartz and Gary Morse, represented single CEO’s who “ran the show”. The objectives even into the third generation, the three siblings who currently are in charge, didn’t seem to change much. But they’re approaching retirement age and a much larger number of fourth generation family members are assuming key roles. There are other family members who don’t have the interest or skills to be involved. Yet presumably they all will need to be “taken care of” financially and in the rights if ownership of the business. Combined with the fact that the sheer size of the residential and commercial development business suggests that there will be changes in management style and objectives. Again, the sheer size of the business suggests that the owner-resident relationship will have to change.

Other than the current kerfluffle regarding apartment development, one can’t assert that there have been major changes in the management of the enterprise. But for those considering living here for the next fifteen years, they probably should anticipate that the future isn’t likely to be like the past.

Last edited by Villages Kahuna; 10-01-2020 at 06:21 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
warts, thing, visit, time, special

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.