Evening with The Developer

Closed Thread
Old 05-08-2019, 09:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts
Default Evening with The Developer

Was it just me or was the approx 50 minute presentation much ado about nothing? There wasn't anything in the presentation that wasn't known for months. Would rather have them cancel and reschedule when they had something of substance.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 05-08-2019, 09:11 PM
Sage

I feel exactly the same way.
Old 05-08-2019, 10:51 PM
Angry It Will Never Happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Was it just me or was the approx 50 minute presentation much ado about nothing? There wasn't anything in the presentation that wasn't known for months. Would rather have them cancel and reschedule when they had something of substance.

If you live to be 100 and attend every presentation made by the developer, you will never hear what you call "something of substance."
Old 05-09-2019, 07:23 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

On the other hand, the Morse’s could skip the event. But, I believe they enjoyed the night and are into making The Villages the best retirement community in the U.S.

People continue to be interested in seeing the Morse family in person. Every seat was filled. We loved seeing all of the very young family members on the stage last night.

We should all be kind in our thoughts and believe what Mark said about his and the families devotion to keeping our way of life here exciting and beautiful.
Old 05-09-2019, 07:45 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,772 Times in 512 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
On the other hand, the Morse’s could skip the event. But, I believe they enjoyed the night and are into making The Villages the best retirement community in the U.S.

People continue to be interested in seeing the Morse family in person. Every seat was filled. We loved seeing all of the very young family members on the stage last night.

We should all be kind in our thoughts and believe what Mark said about his and the families devotion to keeping our way of life here exciting and beautiful.
Old 05-09-2019, 07:53 AM
Sage

Quote:

We didn't get to attend due to other things going on with us. BUT I so agree. People who come here and enjoy the life-style so often diss the very "hand that feeds them" (so to speak). NOT sure why people are so negative but it doesn't profit them in any sense of the word. We've always enjoyed going to "An Evening With The Developer" and believe the Morse family is doing us a great thing here. Where else can one live, enjoy what's offered and live fairly economically besides?? Thank you TwoPlane for your comments!
Old 05-09-2019, 07:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

We don't go, and have never gone, BUT I think it is really important for some to see that there is a human face and now, many human faces, behind the curtain. At one time people used to post that they were frightened that the developer would make his money and move on leaving us to gradually fall into disrepair! Actually being able to see and hear Mr. Morse and his family must be very comforting to some who have that worry. It's a bit like an annual shareholders meeting where the chairman of the board addresses all the shareholders and tells them everything is AOK and keep buying shares in the business.

As for the Morse family, that is a lot of mouths to feed .................. and as I sit here this morning looking out across my beautiful location I am glad to know that there are so many people who have a vested interest in continuing to grow The Villages.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 05-09-2019, 08:17 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
We didn't get to attend due to other things going on with us. BUT I so agree. People who come here and enjoy the life-style so often diss the very "hand that feeds them" (so to speak). NOT sure why people are so negative but it doesn't profit them in any sense of the word. We've always enjoyed going to "An Evening With The Developer" and believe the Morse family is doing us a great thing here. Where else can one live, enjoy what's offered and live fairly economically besides?? Thank you TwoPlane for your comments!
You may have that backwards --We are the hands that feed them!"
Old 05-09-2019, 08:35 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,232 Times in 419 Posts

Quote:

I agree with Jayhawk
Old 05-09-2019, 08:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Is there a Video of this event somewhere yet? I would like to see it if possible! Thank's.
Old 05-09-2019, 08:59 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Is there a Video of this event somewhere yet? I would like to see it if possible! Thank's.
It will be available Saturday on the Village newspaper web site.
Old 05-09-2019, 09:03 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

I'll ask..................

Anything new on the next Town Square???

Old 05-09-2019, 09:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
I'll ask..................
Anything new on the next Town Square???
There ya go ... stirring the pot. An announcement of that magnitude would have been shown on the front page of today's Daily Sun!!!
Old 05-09-2019, 09:20 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
There ya go ... stirring the pot. An announcement of that magnitude would have been shown on the front page of today's Daily Sun!!!

Not stirring..............Did not go to the event and do not take the Day's Sun. Jus ask'n.

Thank you.
Old 05-09-2019, 09:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts

I don't disagree with the any of the posts on how fortunate we are......but, I have gone to the last 5 meetings and there was always something of substance in those meetings so the expectations have been set. They had substance to present but couldn't because they didn't have contracts signed. That was my basis for suggesting the delay, never suggested a cancellation. This most likely will be my last in person attendance since I'm not one of those that needs to see the face.....there are so many places to see all the family (even Megan). Going forward I will allow another couple that have that need to go and have a feel good moment. I will watch it online a few days after and as Mark suggested, continue to read the Daily Sun which had all the information presented the months before.. As an aside, I didn't diss the family, only the event.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Closed Thread

Tags
presentation, months, cancel, substance, reschedule

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.