Evening with The Developer

Closed Thread
Old 05-09-2019, 10:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
I don't disagree with the any of the posts on how fortunate we are......but, I have gone to the last 5 meetings and there was always something of substance in those meetings so the expectations have been set. They had substance to present but couldn't because they didn't have contracts signed. That was my basis for suggesting the delay, never suggested a cancellation. This most likely will be my last in person attendance since I'm not one of those that needs to see the face.....there are so many places to see all the family (even Megan). Going forward I will allow another couple that have that need to go and have a feel good moment. I will watch it online a few days after and as Mark suggested, continue to read the Daily Sun which had all the information presented the months before.. As an aside, I didn't diss the family, only the event.
I agree. I also thought that everyone dresses more casual than our family...not sure if that means something or not. Just an observation.

People will like or not like The Morses for reasons that have to do with their own private value system, not on the merits of The Family, IMHO.
Old 05-09-2019, 10:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,506 Times in 3,104 Posts

I read an article about this event (not in the Daily Sun) and saw they updated news on the organic garden project. I have to say I find that pretty exciting and look forward to seeing quality local-grown organic produce. If the prices are right, I might become a regular customer of their travelling produce stand. If they're too expensive I'll still support the effort, just not as regularly.

It was also good to read that they're making progress on the golf cart/pedestrian bridges in the "southside" of the Villages, to connect with the rest of it.
Old 05-09-2019, 10:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I agree. I also thought that everyone dresses more casual than our family...not sure if that means something or not. Just an observation.

People will like or not like The Morses for reasons that have to do with their own private value system, not on the merits of The Family, IMHO.
It probably means you're overdressed.
Old 05-09-2019, 12:25 PM

Was there any discussion of more championship golf courses south of 44?
Old 05-09-2019, 12:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan9871 View Post
It will be available Saturday on the Village newspaper web site.
Thanks Dan.
Old 05-09-2019, 01:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,012 Times in 1,739 Posts

Was this a dinner and dance occasion? Thinking of bringing our formal attire for future events.
Old 05-09-2019, 01:15 PM

Thank you and kudos to you for the positive comment! Gratitude is so much better than complaining about doing a good thing.
Old 05-09-2019, 01:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Was this a dinner and dance occasion? Thinking of bringing our formal attire for future events.
No. What is amusing to many is the fact that twice Mark Morse wore a suit during this event, (the same suit) that he said jokingly that his sisters made him wear. He had in the past and again now dressed very casually. I like Mark Morse. He is not pretentious and he is brilliant.

It is hard to dress more casual than Villagers do most of the time. Only new Villagers wear suits and ties and high heels and pearls. I rather like being casual.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Mark morse.jpg
Views:	538
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	79495  

Last edited by graciegirl; 05-09-2019 at 02:03 PM.
Old 05-09-2019, 02:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratogaman View Post
You may have that backwards --We are the hands that feed them!"
You have a choice.
Old 05-09-2019, 03:19 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,621 Times in 1,764 Posts

"It is hard to dress more casual than Villagers do most of the time. Only new Villagers wear suits and ties and high heels and pearls. I rather like being casual."

Well dressed villagers are those who wear clean and pressed T-shirts and shorts and clean sneakers with laundered white socks. Seen any lately?

Actually that seems to be the case all over the country anymore.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 05-09-2019 at 03:41 PM.
Old 05-09-2019, 03:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by russtcc View Post
Was there any discussion of more championship golf courses south of 44?
Only an innuendo that there will be champ courses. We know where one will be, that was announced months ago. There was also no discussion about a Town Square or Circle or other concept. They just aren't ready to put that stuff out there.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 05-09-2019, 03:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
I read an article about this event (not in the Daily Sun) and saw they updated news on the organic garden project. I have to say I find that pretty exciting and look forward to seeing quality local-grown organic produce. If the prices are right, I might become a regular customer of their travelling produce stand. If they're too expensive I'll still support the effort, just not as regularly.

It was also good to read that they're making progress on the golf cart/pedestrian bridges in the "southside" of the Villages, to connect with the rest of it.
There was a one hour plus presentation on The Grown at Rohan last month. Take away was it will be more expensive than the Publix's of the world but the Publix's of the world may sell the products (they are talking), the cost of the product will be higher but will be healthier and tastier and you can buy what you need not prepackaged quantity so your waste will be less, local restaurants will use the product and will have that identified on their menu's (also in the talking stage) and I assume will be higher than the normal Sysco veggies they buy. This is not a project just for The Villages, but will be a business that they expect to reach far beyond us. I recall they said that one acre of product grown through this process equals 10 acres of product grown through conventional farming. It is exciting and we are looking forward to it. None of that was mentioned last nigh, that was all at the Rohan presentation.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 05-10-2019, 07:51 AM
Sage

Did anyone else notice this name change? -- Mark's sister, Tracy, who is VP of TV Design Division, has been known as Tracy Matthews. She is now Tracy Morse. This reference is in the Daily Sun and in the May Vmail video. Apparently, husband Don is now her ex-husband.
Old 05-10-2019, 08:29 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
Did anyone else notice this name change? -- Mark's sister, Tracy, who is VP of TV Design Division, has been known as Tracy Matthews. She is now Tracy Morse. This reference is in the Daily Sun and in the May Vmail video. Apparently, husband Don is now her ex-husband.
Well, how do I get in touch with her to let her know I'm available?
Old 05-10-2019, 08:32 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
Is there any reference to the divorce? A lot of married women keep their maiden names, or switch back if it's professionally beneficial for them to do so. Also some divorced women keep their married names for similar reasons, and sometimes just because they like the combo of first/last better than their maiden names.
Closed Thread

Tags
presentation, months, cancel, substance, reschedule

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.