Evening with The Developer

Closed Thread
Old 05-10-2019, 08:38 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,323 Times in 1,439 Posts

My mother had 3 daughters and 8 son-in-laws, no one knew what my sisters last names were from year to year.
Old 05-10-2019, 12:10 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
Did anyone else notice this name change? -- Mark's sister, Tracy, who is VP of TV Design Division, has been known as Tracy Matthews. She is now Tracy Morse. This reference is in the Daily Sun and in the May Vmail video. Apparently, husband Don is now her ex-husband.
Ahhhh, the Olympic sport of "Jumping to conclusions" is alive and well in TV.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 05-10-2019, 12:28 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,751 Times in 3,627 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
Ahhhh, the Olympic sport of "Jumping to conclusions" is alive and well in TV.

Don't fall the bait & hook.

Old 05-10-2019, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Well, how do I get in touch with her to let her know I'm available?

Watch out.

With that remark, you may start getting more Private Messages than you can handle!

Old 05-10-2019, 05:19 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Don't fall the bait & hook.

I hear ya.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 05-13-2019, 02:57 AM

Because I am here, I feel that I must bow down to them all of the time! If not, I will return back to where it's cold, and they are ever present. I "may" tolorate the cold, but they must be far from me!

That is it!!
Old 05-13-2019, 03:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
Is there any reference to the divorce? A lot of married women keep their maiden names, or switch back if it's professionally beneficial for them to do so. Also some divorced women keep their married names for similar reasons, and sometimes just because they like the combo of first/last better than their maiden names.
Right. And I know of a famous author whose husband (a relatively unknown/unpublished poet) changed his last name to hers due to the public recognition of her name.

It's quite possible Tracey Matthews thinks it would be better to be known as a Morse. The name does open doors around Florida.
Old 05-13-2019, 05:59 AM

Not sure I understand all the adoration of this family. They are business people, not friends. I need some kool aid....
Old 05-13-2019, 06:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,500 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy n Ron View Post
Not sure I understand all the adoration of this family. They are business people, not friends. I need some kool aid....
I say. Why NOT? They are living the American Dream. They ARE very wealthy and they are NOT pretentious. They worked hard and they did things right. Their good business decisions also helped other people who work for them to survive and prosper and made one of the poorest counties in Florida prosper. They were just ordinary people growing up the Upper Peninsula of Michigan running a small store with a bakery until Mark Morse's father Gary decided to help his dad Harold Schwartz with the trailer park.

It could have failed time and time again but it didn't and they risked their own money to build and they could have done it much less beautifully.

Why NOT think well of them? I am glad I got to be a part of the fun to live here and watch it grow. I see it as far more than money.

Last edited by graciegirl; 05-13-2019 at 07:07 AM.
Old 05-13-2019, 07:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,426 Times in 3,080 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I say. Why NOT? They are living the American Dream. They ARE very wealthy and they are NOT pretentious. They worked hard and they did things right. Their good business decisions also helped other people who work for them to survive and prosper and made one of the poorest counties in Florida prosper. They were just ordinary people growing up the Upper Peninsula of Michigan running a small store with a bakery until Mark Morse's father Gary decided to help his dad Harold Schwartz with the trailer park.

It could have failed time and time again but it didn't and they risked their own money to build and they could have done it much less beautifully.

Why NOT think well of them? I am glad I got to be a part of the fun to live here and watch it grow. I see it as far more than money.

My grandparents had a similar success story on a smaller scale, and never needed publicity and advertisements or sycophants to draw accolades. In fact my grandfather would turn over in his grave if heaven ever saw me using his name to promote ANYTHING at all, ever. It is just - dark, and unattractive.
Old 05-13-2019, 08:05 AM

Completely agree - waste of time. No new info, just propaganda about how great & responsive the Morse family is. We're newbies, full timers, & thought it would be beneficial to learn about our new home, our new community, & the future. Baloney!

Will not wait in line for thier free tickets ever again.
Old 05-13-2019, 08:09 AM
Cool Technically speaking

I thought the content was ok even if some of the details were already known. It seemed a bit disorganized and casual as though he was sometimes just trying to fill time. I personally don't stay on top of things so the information was good for me.

However, the quality of the stream was extremely poor. It may have sounded good in the auditorium, but the stream volume was over driven and did not play well on the TV. As a video tech myself I don't see why it was not broadcast in at least 720p 16x9 format. That, and pay attention to the audio that is in the stream. If it's channel 2 causing the problem, stream it on YouTube or some other platform.
Old 05-13-2019, 09:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,500 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
My grandparents had a similar success story on a smaller scale, and never needed publicity and advertisements or sycophants to draw accolades. In fact my grandfather would turn over in his grave if heaven ever saw me using his name to promote ANYTHING at all, ever. It is just - dark, and unattractive.
I don't understand. The Villages is promoted in the same way as any other sellable goods is promoted. If my grandfather was a butcher he would advertise his pork chops and sausages to sell. He would be pleased that cousin George worked for him and that he made money and fed people.

I am not understanding what "is dark and unattractive".
Old 05-13-2019, 10:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,996 Times in 1,729 Posts

Just a personal note; from my parents and my uncle who are completely unrelated to the Morse family. Harold Schwartz (if that is the grandfather we are talking about) was a dear man, a great friend, and a true visionary. My family is Christian and he was Jewish but that was never a problem. Mr. Schwartz was good to my family, he was welcoming, he wanted them to be happy, especially in their old age. When he made a lot of money he continued to be the same person he was before. In today’s world, with money as such a main drive, how many people can we say are like Mr Schwartz? If he had been my grandfather, I would have been proud of him too.
Old 05-13-2019, 10:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,316 Times in 870 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy n Ron View Post
I assume you live here and also took a sip of the kool aid or you wouldn't be here. Of course they are business people, and successful ones and we all benefit from the risks they take, their development skill and what the diversity of fun they provide. Is it perfect, no......but still better than anyplace else we all have looked at or we wouldn't be here. Not sure adoration is the right word but definitely respect and gratitude is due.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Closed Thread

Tags
presentation, months, cancel, substance, reschedule

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.