Everybody seems to love The Villages, I would like to hear what you hate beside

Closed Thread
Old 10-26-2009, 05:54 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

99% of pet owners are considerate of others. But in a community of about 50,000 homes or so, even 1% is 500 people. And no my numbers are not statistically validated....
Old 10-26-2009, 06:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I hate that we are snowbirds and that we go away and come back and see all of the events and fun things and even sad things that have happened and that we have missed. We are kind of like...visitors to Paradise.

But I wouldn't trade that for anything and maybe someday we can stay.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:28 PM
Veteran member
Default hate that i am still a wannabee!

bump
Wanabee future TVer
Old 01-27-2010, 09:57 AM

We live in Summerhill, by the new Walmart north of 466 and love, love, love it. It seems to be so centrally located and having all the stores, restaurants, college, library, gas stations, and banks are all pluses,but ...... I find that you need to see why your friends like living where they live and then you have to make a decision. Busy street verses street off the beaten path, siding or stucco, 1 1/2 car garage or bigger, 2,3,4 bedroom, how much is the bond? Lots to consider but where ever you end up it probably will be your first house in the Villages not your last.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I hate that we are snowbirds and that we go away and come back and see all of the events and fun things and even sad things that have happened and that we have missed. We are kind of like...visitors to Paradise.

But I wouldn't trade that for anything and maybe someday we can stay.
My feelings are the same almost a year later.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:57 AM
Default Snowbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
My feelings are the same almost a year later.
GG,

I've thought about being a snowbird when I retire. I like where I live now, but don't like January through April. Would you move to TV full time if you could? Is it that you have so much to do and miss all of the activities that you are involved in? I spoke with someone who had a father who lived in TV. When he came to visit, all he could talk about was going back.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:11 PM
Veteran member
Default I "hate"...

that I still have to work and leave the "bubble" that is The Villages!
When I think of all the recreation, entertainment and activities that we are entitled to, I thank God every day that we were given the opportunity to reside in such a wonderful and beautiful place...it is a decision that we will never regret and I look forward to the day when I can finally retire and fully enjoy the life that is The Villages!

Last edited by ceejay; 01-29-2010 at 05:01 AM. Reason: I had a terrible day yesterday and really ranted!
Old 02-18-2010, 05:49 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to LargoLynne

Talk to almost anyone - it is the carpet. Looks pretty initially - then soils, matts; stay away from the Friese - a short shag; I understand it is polyester. By the way, Largo is lovely - hilly, and our neighbors are the best!
Old 04-03-2010, 03:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,163 Times in 436 Posts

great FREE doggy park over the bridge on the pre-historic side....I'll be the one with the adorable dachshund...giggle..
Old 04-03-2010, 03:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,163 Times in 436 Posts
Default Can't find anything to hate

Love love love this place, we think we have died and gone to golf heaven....WONDERFUL neighbors in LaZamora...I play the executives as a single while the ole boy plays the championship and I must say, I have enjoyed playing with all my golf partners....This really is a GREAT place
Old 04-03-2010, 09:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
great FREE doggy park over the bridge on the pre-historic side....I'll be the one with the adorable dachshund...giggle..
The pre-historic side?!

No wait, I live there.

Whatever... see you at the dog park.

Ancient Pturner
Old 04-03-2010, 10:04 PM
Default a few things .........................

The "ARC", the antiquated Savannah Center, the "ARC" and lastly, the "ARC".

Jerry Jackson (Summerhill)

Neat bumper sticker. Went like this: "It's God's job to judge terrorists. Our job is to arrange the meeting!"

Be a gentleman, remove your hat/cap when entering a building and dining out!
Old 04-05-2010, 03:00 PM
Sage
Smile Everybody seems to love The Villages, I would like to hear what you hate beside

IMHO - The best response is "I hate the Villages because I'm not there yet!

One of my goals in life is to buy a house from the neighborhood grouch/whiner and become the hometown hero!!! LOL

Wannabe Future TV'er

You can't take life seriously, your not going to get out of it alive.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:01 PM
Wink What's not to like in TV??

Moving to a new area is an important decision and one not to be taken lightly...but really....just move here and everything will work out! <grin> So many people move to a neighborhood they've not researched and it works out fine. If it doesn't, move to a different one once you're living here and can do hands-on neighborhood research. Many, many people also do that.

For the vast majority of us, once you've lived here and experienced the life-style on a day-to-day basis...you're hooked! I know my husband and I will never leave to go back north...this is our HOME now.

If there is one tiny little thing I can say I'm not crazy about here in TV (and believe me...I'M definitely the minority) it is that this is a VERY Republican/conservative community. I lean a bit more to the left, but I've found most of my more right-leaning neighbors are pretty tolerant of me! LOL!

Good luck with your move!
Old 04-11-2010, 08:11 AM
Jeff Bieberfeld
Default what's not to like....

i love it here, although it certainly is not paradise...

crowded roads, and speeds not enforced.
rude golf cart drivers who think that no traffic lawas or common courtesies apply to them.........when was the last time a golf cart made a left turn from the right lane and cut right in front of you...
dog urine burn marks on your lawn, and you do not have a dog

i would love to see some bicycle or jogging paths that cut through the various villages, or connect some villages, and just do not parallel the main streets, and are golf-cart restricted. and how about opening up the golf cart paths within the golf courses......just once in awhile so we don't get beaned on the head......i would love to ride my bicycle through them once in awhile.
we have no nature trails near 466A....

and it is so great to be here...

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.