Everybody seems to love The Villages, I would like to hear what you hate beside

Closed Thread
Old 06-23-2010, 10:52 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Well, of course, I know the emperor might show up buck-nekkid, but I also know that I can have a really good and silly time at the parade.

Boomer
Old 06-23-2010, 10:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Well, of course, I know the emperor might show up buck-nekkid, but I also know that I can have a really good and silly time at the parade.

Boomer
Old 06-23-2010, 11:09 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweety Bird View Post
ok...let me give you my two cents for whatever it's worth. There is NO place that has perfection. But, TV is a place you can feel goofy and silly and have some big kid's dreams. Tooling around in golf cars and waving at people with smiles on our faces. It's just darn FUN! Music filled evenings in the town squares, two for one drinks, market nights and owning a car you've always dreamed of owning and showing it off proudly. Swimming in clean pools without owning them or having to fill them up with your own water or buying chemicals for them. Let somebody else doi it! Trying out board games that you've never tried before. TONS of them to choose from. HUNDREDS of clubs to choose from. What is the price? Just swipe your resident card and you're IN like flynn! Heh...it's a fun place. Something for everyone. Want to pick it apart? Sure..you can find things you don't like. If ya hate it so much, MOVE! Go back to the friggin' snow and fall flat on your noggin and break a hip, leg or arm. This is a disneyland for seniors. It's like "totally cool man"!!! Probably my biggest gripe is trying to figure out where to eat next. Boy...what a hassle. Perhaps..another gripe is..WAY too many decisions to make. What club shall I try next? Ah yes..another dilemma...Shall I have a Arnold Palmer hamberger or shall it be at Nancy Lopez? Ah yes..another dilemma...I'm starting to get dizzy driving in those round-abouts. Life is tough around here.
Who said they hate it? People are discussing what negatives IF ANY there are in TV.. and your immature response is:
"If ya hate it so much, MOVE! Go back to the friggin' snow and fall flat on your noggin and break a hip, leg or arm."

I think you should think about what it means to live in Florida's friendliest hometown.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:15 PM
Default When will it end ???????

I've FINALLY found something that last longer than this thread.That 10 hour tennis match at Wimbledon, that STILL isn't over.It's in the 5th set tied at 59 games all..................UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by kentucky blue; 06-23-2010 at 11:19 PM.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:38 AM

I hate beets and strongly dislike the phrase "Up north we..." Aside from that I like that the lovebugs were not so bad this Spring. We can all be thankful for that.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:42 PM

Kentucky Blue,

It sounds to me like you would be happier some place else. I suggest you look long and hard before you make a move. TV sales are only slower than anticipated because people in other areas can't sell their properties fast enough.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:56 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJoe View Post
Who said they hate it? People are discussing what negatives IF ANY there are in TV.. and your immature response is:
"If ya hate it so much, MOVE! Go back to the friggin' snow and fall flat on your noggin and break a hip, leg or arm."

I think you should think about what it means to live in Florida's friendliest hometown.
ohhhhh..you are SOOOO right. What would I do without your correction. Sometimes when one types at night...ya get into a little mood and things get twisted. I'm twisted and immature and on a roll. I'm also very hot. (no, not for you). So...What do I dislike? The intense heat at times. So, I'll move back and slide on the ice or roll in the snow or grab my snowmobile. It's all tongue and cheek dahlink. Calm down.

New Jersey,
New York
Germany,
California
Northern MN,
The Villages
Next stop?
Old 06-25-2010, 12:09 AM
Smile Sum it up

I have relocated 14 times in 38 years and this is the only time I have broken my cardinal rule to never relocate to a place that is not near an ample supply of jobs in my industry and salary range. This rule has saved my butt many times as many companies I have worked for have gone out of business.

I loved TV so much that I am now in the position that if my company goes under, I will have to move to find employment. Some may say I am crazy but I figure that it is well worth the risk. The worst that could happen is that I find a job in a major city and have to move again. After 14 moves, it is not as big a deal as it may be to some people who plant roots. I have bought homes in new cities on my first visit while driving a rented car from the airport to my hotel.

Heck, I am 11 years away from retirement and if things do not fall into place I may not even be able to afford to retire in TV. Yet whatever time I get to live here will be well worth what may or may not happen in the future.

I notice that TV attracts gypsies like me who have lived in many cities. Somehow we all end up here. For me, having experienced many cities here and abroad, I have decided that I want to live in this particular bubble. I know what is on the other side of it, seen its underbelly, paid its high taxes, shoveled its snow, and walked among its people. Been there, done that, put in my time and now it adult swim time.

The Morse family may run this place but I have seen what happens when it is left up to the home owners to make the hard decissions. They vote for "cheap" and before you know it the roads are in disrepair and the development is a mess. I have seen this happen a few times and I want no part of it. I bought into the Morse family's vision and should they step too far over the line, there are over 100,000 of us to make a mighty roar that will be heard near and far.

I am fairly new to TV (one month) but one thing that I have noticed is that those who have strong negative comments do not live in TV. As they say, walk a mile in my shoes before you speak.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:00 AM
Platinum member

Love The Villages, but hate we are so far from the airports. But on the other hand, we are near the cruise ports, so that is a plus.
Tampa, FL
Old 06-25-2010, 09:19 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweety Bird View Post
ohhhhh..you are SOOOO right. What would I do without your correction. Sometimes when one types at night...ya get into a little mood and things get twisted. I'm twisted and immature and on a roll. I'm also very hot. (no, not for you). So...What do I dislike? The intense heat at times. So, I'll move back and slide on the ice or roll in the snow or grab my snowmobile. It's all tongue and cheek dahlink. Calm down.
Your wit is excellent, your sarcasm noy, but my point is simply this..
please don't be critical of discussion. Telling people if they don't like something about TV to just leave does not advance the discussion of things people may not like about TV.

TV is the best place I have ever seen for active retired persons. It may not be the best for people who do not like to socialize that much.

The heat in the summer is very hot, but as you suggest, the cold is very cold up north in winter. Sometimes you have to choose your poison or be a snowbird.

If you are comfortable with the developer making most of the decisions, this is a great place. If you want deed restrictions to protect the way of life, you will be very happy with the governance.

Finally, there are very many very friendly people in TV... but like everyplace else, there are people who are not friendly, or who are just having a bad day.

Thanks for TOTV for the opportunity to discuss the pros and cons of everything. It is very interesting and very helpful. Thank you.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadpole View Post
Kentucky Blue,

It sounds to me like you would be happier some place else. I suggest you look long and hard before you make a move. .
Now, Now.............Whatever happened to "Florida's Friendliest Hometown?"

Old 06-25-2010, 02:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avista View Post
Love The Villages, but hate we are so far from the airports. But on the other hand, we are near the cruise ports, so that is a plus.
Huh? Isn't TV closer to airports (Tampa, Orlando, Sanford) than it is to cruise ports (Ft. Lauderdale, Miami etc.)?

Just curious about what you meant.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:25 PM
Gold member
Default more cruise ports in Florida

Russ, there are cruise ports in Cape Canaveral and in Tampa as well - only certain cruise lines and limited options, but they are there.
Old 06-25-2010, 04:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,504 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl View Post
Russ, there are cruise ports in Cape Canaveral and in Tampa as well - only certain cruise lines and limited options, but they are there.
I think I heard that the Morse's are seeing if they can get the cruise lines to dock at Lake Sumter. We have that lighthouse going to waste.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:00 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I think I heard that the Morse's are seeing if they can get the cruise lines to dock at Lake Sumter. We have that lighthouse going to waste.
Now that would be superb!!!

New Jersey,
New York
Germany,
California
Northern MN,
The Villages
Next stop?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.