Everybody seems to love The Villages, I would like to hear what you hate beside

Closed Thread
Old 06-28-2010, 11:51 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
Huh? Isn't TV closer to airports (Tampa, Orlando, Sanford) than it is to cruise ports (Ft. Lauderdale, Miami etc.)?

Just curious about what you meant.
True, but guess I expect to drive to a port when I cruise and feel lucky I don't have to fly to my cruiseline.
We have usually lived near an airport. When my husband traveled with his work, he would call me after the plane landed and I was there by the time he had his luggage.
Tampa, FL
Old 06-28-2010, 04:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avista View Post
True, but guess I expect to drive to a port when I cruise and feel lucky I don't have to fly to my cruiseline.
We have usually lived near an airport. When my husband traveled with his work, he would call me after the plane landed and I was there by the time he had his luggage.
The airport in Orlando is almost as far as the airports we use here in Cincinnati. It is 45 minutes for us to get to Greater Cincinnati Airport and 45 minutes to get to Dayton's airport.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:56 PM
Veteran member
Default just a bump

bump
Wanabee future TVer
Old 06-30-2010, 04:56 AM
Veteran member

When my wife and I started looking for a home in tv, we asked anyone and everyone we saw if they liked living here. At first, we were suprised because it sounded like everyone had drank "the kool-aid". Everyone said that they loved it and moving to tv was the best thing they had ever done. Now that we live here (part time for the present) I know what they meant. Sometimes I catch myself walking around with a silly grin on my face because I am so happy we moved here. Now, that being said, here are the things that I am still "adjusting" to:
1. My courtyard villa is very close to all my neighbors, and the courtyard fence does not give total privacy due to the difference in elevation from house to house. But since my neighbors are all wonderful, this is also turning out to be a big plus!
2. well.....there really is no #2. I have sipped the kool-aid!
Barry
Long Island, NY/ Evansville, IN/Boca Raton, Fl/Pembroke Pines, Fl/Toledo, OH/The Villages!!!
Old 09-10-2010, 04:06 PM
Veteran member
Default time for a bump

bump.
Wanabee future TVer
Old 09-10-2010, 06:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,351 Times in 2,390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by diskman View Post
bump.
Why?
Old 09-11-2010, 11:17 AM
Unhappy Dump The Bump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Why?
I hate that you can "bump" a thread that's 3 years old.It has more than served it's purpose.PLEASE............... let it die in peace.Speaking of dying in peace, i want to die like my father, peacefully in his sleep, not screaming and terrified like all his passengers. Finally ,if you die in an elevator be sure to push the up button.Now if this post doesn't put the final nail in the coffin for this thread, i give up. But that does remind me of the woman who wanted to be cremated and have her ashes scattered over Bloomingdales.................To be sure her daughter visited her twice a week. You all had enough!!!!?????
Old 09-11-2010, 11:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentucky blue View Post
I hate that you can "bump" a thread that's 3 years old.It has more than served it's purpose.PLEASE............... let it die in peace.Speaking of dying in peace, i want to die like my father, peacefully in his sleep, not screaming and terrified like all his passengers. Finally ,if you die in an elevator be sure to push the up button.Now if this post doesn't put the final nail in the coffin for this thread, i give up. But that does remind me of the woman who wanted to be cremated and have her ashes scattered over Bloomingdales.................To be sure her daughter visited her twice a week. You all had enough!!!!?????
Groan.
VERY bad jokes, but I love 'em.

Tell us about your new house! When do you close and when are you moving in?
Old 09-12-2010, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diskman View Post
We keep hearing from the village lovers(people who are happy with their choice. Other than Jan and the people dealing with the train noise (Chatham) Are there any other villages we should stay away from and why? :dontknow:
Larry & Bev!
It really is a great place and I've met some of the nicest people I've ever run into. There's something for everybody and if you can't find things to do that you enjoy then something is wrong with you.

But, with that said, I've also come across some of the rudest, most obnoxious, inconsiderate people I've ever seen. Whether they're driving their cars, their golf carts or golf balls, doesn't matter you just better get out of their way. The feeling of entitlement and selfishness that some have is overwhelming to say the least. To add to that, I've lived in SoFLA and the Jersey shore so I'm used to "snow birds" but the ones that live here are the pits.

But, overall, it's a special place to live and I'm not going anywhere.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caribbean Soul View Post
It really is a great place and I've met some of the nicest people I've ever run into. There's something for everybody and if you can't find things to do that you enjoy then something is wrong with you.

But, with that said, I've also come across some of the rudest, most obnoxious, inconsiderate people I've ever seen. Whether they're driving their cars, their golf carts or golf balls, doesn't matter you just better get out of their way. The feeling of entitlement and selfishness that some have is overwhelming to say the least. To add to that, I've lived in SoFLA and the Jersey shore so I'm used to "snow birds" but the ones that live here are the pits.

Sigh. It's me and Sweetie that are being obnoxious. Me really. I just don't know my own strength when I am driving a golf ball.

Last edited by graciegirl; 09-12-2010 at 06:15 PM.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:55 PM
Sage
Arrow Snowbird Love!

Quote:

I loveeeeeeeeeee the snowbirds here! Some of my favorite people and best friends are snowbirds. You know some people CAN'T live here all the time and some love just love the summers up north. But, I think when they fly back here for the winter, they liven up The Villages. There's a new electricity in the air.

Pardon me for saying this, but you sound as if you feel a sense of entitlement. The majority of these snowbirds own property here and have every right that you have.

Yeahhhhhhhhhhh! Snowbirds! They're on their way!
Old 09-12-2010, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsea24 View Post
I loveeeeeeeeeee the snowbirds here! Some of my favorite people and best friends are snowbirds. You know some people CAN'T live here all the time and some love just love the summers up north. But, I think when they fly back here for the winter, they liven up The Villages. There's a new electricity in the air.

Pardon me for saying this, but you sound as if you feel a sense of entitlement. The majority of these snowbirds own property here and have every right that you have.

No, Chelsea, I don't have a sense of entitlement. I try to be considerate of others. I also try to respect others opinions.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:39 PM
Veteran member
Location: Indiana,the Villages,Port Charlotte fl ,Summerfield fl, The villages again

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsea24 View Post

I diasagree with your feeling that he has a sense of entitlement. Most people here are great, but I also have noticed that there are more then a few that have moved here and think that their does'nt stink.
Ask anyone that works around here what they really have to say about some of the people.
The vast majority are great, but I know first hand that there are some that are a royal pain in the...!
Old 09-12-2010, 03:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,351 Times in 2,390 Posts

Quote:

Example why this thread should end.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:47 PM
Eternal Member

I have said before that any thread that is a certain age should be turned into a read only thread.

If someone wants to continue the theme start a new one.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.