Everybody seems to love The Villages, I would like to hear what you hate beside

Closed Thread
Old 09-20-2010, 09:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkhazelip View Post
I don't like the number of teenagers hanging around the squares every weekend, they hang around the parking lots and I've seen them sitting in and hopping from one to another of peoples golf carts and looking into cars parked in the parking lots behind the theaters. They come in from all the outlying towns and have their parties here. I thought this was supposed to be a 55 and over community and it isn't, they leave it wide open to underaged outsiders. Just go to the squares on the weekends and see for yourselves. It seems the village watch group and the local sheriff and police departments turn their heads and look the other way when it comes to the problem. There should be a curfue on local teenagers, like 9:00 p.m. If they don't have a valid guest card then they should be told to leave at the curfue time by the cops and village watch group. The Villages should do something about the problem and enforce a curfue.
You know, I agree with you and I know they had personnel to do that very thing. My next door neighbor, a retired policeman from New York state had that job for awhile and then went on to work at the new SeaBreeze. He said that the kids were watched, but since it is a "public" place there isn't much you can do to get rid of them unless they are obviously doing something wrong. I am pretty sure that The Villages still employ people to watch teens in the squares. I hadn't heard they were sitting in carts or messing with them.

Sigh. What happened to the fear of death our parents put into us if we messed with someone else's stuff????
Old 09-20-2010, 09:52 AM
Veteran member

I'll tell you what I hate about the villages. The Villages has temporarily ruined my life. I used to enjoy my work as a pharmacist, but since I bought my CYV and started spending every free moment down there, my life has become miserable. All I think about is the beautiful weather, the beautiful people, the fun times in the town squares, the beautiful golf courses, etc. My boss does not think it is responsible of me to practice my line dancing in between filling prescriptions. He just doesn't get it!! So for 5 for months I will have a love-hate relationship with the villages....I love going there and I hate leaving.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:00 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by brostholder View Post
I'll tell you what I hate about the villages. The Villages has temporarily ruined my life. I used to enjoy my work as a pharmacist, but since I bought my CYV and started spending every free moment down there, my life has become miserable. All I think about is the beautiful weather, the beautiful people, the fun times in the town squares, the beautiful golf courses, etc. My boss does not think it is responsible of me to practice my line dancing in between filling prescriptions. He just doesn't get it!! So for 5 for months I will have a love-hate relationship with the villages....I love going there and I hate leaving.

A line dancing pharmacist. I love it!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVdbLN3fwO4[/ame]
Old 09-20-2010, 11:30 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brostholder View Post
I hear you loud and clear - we have owned for 4 PLUS years and are now finally retiring and moving down now - well, we moved the rest of our stuff, have to go back north for our retirement party and Ohioboy has 1 more month of work. But I know exactly what you mean.

After every visit on vacation from work, I really, really, really hated to leave. Now we don't have to! Nobody tells you how hard waiting to move down will be when you buy. But, knowing our goal and where we were going got me thru the last 4 years of work as well. Unfortunately, I wasn't loving my job the last few years.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:12 PM
Default What i really hate.

After being on this board since April, what i've noticed over and over again is a .............. .paralysis of analysis.There are sooooooooooooooo many brilliant posters that are all over thinking and looking for the optimal or perfect solution.There is no such thing, remove your fears and move on with your life in TV.It's as close as your going to get to a lifetime of total bliss.I'm not going to name posters, you know who you are, it's time to make the move.Remember , if you obey all the rules you'll miss all the fun.You worked all your lives, now it's your time to go out in a blaze of glory.Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday.The Villages ..........Florida's Friendliest Hometown!

Last edited by kentucky blue; 09-21-2010 at 12:03 PM.
Old 10-20-2010, 03:21 PM
Default So sweet to peek in on all of you from afar.

Two Vermonters buying Nov 1 in Tall Trees. He's a fourth generation Vermonter, I was born/raised in NYC (Chelsea). I have found out so many "inside" details from this blog. We have several friends (from NYC)already there but can't wait to meet new ones too. Thanks to all of you for being so down to earth.
Old 10-20-2010, 03:32 PM
Sage

Welcome Ellienana. Freedom and Unity...I hope you love your new life.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:23 PM
Bosoxfan

The only thing I don't like about the villages ......too many yankee fans
Old 10-20-2010, 04:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosoxfan View Post
The only thing I don't like about the villages ......too many yankee fans
Whew. I thought you were going to say..."Too many Yankees!"

Gracie.( From slightly north of the Mason-Dixon line.)
Old 10-20-2010, 05:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellienana View Post
Two Vermonters buying Nov 1 in Tall Trees. He's a fourth generation Vermonter, I was born/raised in NYC (Chelsea). I have found out so many "inside" details from this blog. We have several friends (from NYC)already there but can't wait to meet new ones too. Thanks to all of you for being so down to earth.
Ellientana,

Congratulations on your first TOTV post. Um... I think you accidentally posted in the wrong thread, but don't worry. You'll get the hang of it!

In the meantime, I'm excited for you that you are moving to TV. Welcome! May the rest of your days be the best of your days.

PTurner
Old 10-21-2010, 10:09 AM
Sage

Ellieanna:

Congratulations on you new purchase and welcome to TOTV.

Best wishes for future happiness. I'm sure your all excited.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:45 PM

Our biggest surprises in moving to the Villages was limited (upscale?) shopping choices. (For example: I travel to Orlando to buy MAC make-up.) The other being that diversity in the population is nearly non-existent. (Those who consider "diversity" being (anglo)people from different states or countries would disagree with me.) 95% of the folks here are anglo and a great, great majority are of hmmmmm...shall I say conservative persuasion? Those of a more liberal bent have experienced intolerence to the point of outright rudeness.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:01 PM
Sage

Hi Karissmo,

My experience has been that people in TV don't even discuss politics in their social interactions. Have you experienced rudeness for in person within TV? Or are you referring just to the political thread on TOTV?

Last edited by Pturner; 11-16-2010 at 10:50 PM.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:34 PM
Veteran member
Default amazed how far my thread has gone on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
Ellieanna:

Congratulations on you new purchase and welcome to TOTV.

Best wishes for future happiness. I'm sure your all excited.
amazed how far my thread has gone on!
Wanabee future TVer
Old 01-10-2011, 08:27 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diskman View Post
amazed how far my thread has gone on!
Yes but it did add a lot of insight for those that understood the objective of the question.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.