Everybody seems to love The Villages, I would like to hear what you hate beside

Closed Thread
Old 07-08-2011, 05:33 AM
Platinum member

Schaumburger, Welcome and don't miss the "big" arts fair at Lake Sumter Landing on Saturday and Sunday. I have never failed to leave that art fair empty handed.

Looking forward to attending the art fair at Lake Miona Rec. Center on Saturday sponsored by TV's Art League. I'm not especially artistic, but I would like to see the demonstrations and artwork of TV residents.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I like the fact that we're hearing some negative comments as well as positive ones. It's true that life is what you make it. But The Villages isn't for everyone. I don't think people with honest, negative opinions should be discouraged from expressing them.

I've lived in two resale communities in TV. It takes a while to fit into the existing neighborhood, but it will happen if you remain positive and are friendly to everyone. There are always new people buying resales and moving into the neighbourhood looking for friends. Most neighbourhoods seem to have a monthly street party. The pool is a great place to meet new friends. With regard to joining teams, whether sports, cards, or other --- it may take you a few months to get comfortable and fit in. If you meet someone grumpy one day, the next day you'll meet someone warm and wonderful! Sure there are some cliques in TV. But there are also tons of people wanting to make new friends. The key is having patience.

Deviating from topic, I think that nurses are angels. They do crummy jobs that most of us wouldn't want to do, usually with empathy, grace and humor. Thank you Russ.
----------
Barefoot,

Well said ,

Northstar
Old 07-08-2011, 06:39 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Wilson View Post
Russ,
Just FYI -how do you write 3,793 posts during those work hours ??
It's a brave new world Larry. Wireless, smart phones, netbooks, laptops, IPads etc.

Larry - If you read my question to Spring then you'll realize that I never said he was wrong. I told him what I know about how to get on these teams and then asked him if those experiences happened to him directly since they went against what I know. He never answered directly.

I'll tell you what - When I do get down next year and attempt to get on a softball team or play VB or Pickleball etc. then I'll update you on my experiences. If you and Spring are correct then I'll gladly issue any apologies that are needed.

As V7 said, the problem I have is with the negative tone. You must realize that the vast majority of people on this site are looking at TV. Yes it is nice to get all experiences both good and bad but when someone is constantly negative and things they say don't jive with my knowledge I will call them out to be more specific. If they choose to not give details then I will continue to question the validity of the claim. If you ask me a question I will answer the question, not skirt the issue.

Back to work now.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:46 AM
Thumbs up

I know this thread is from way back, but I have found it very interesting and full of good stuff to know! Thanks so much for all who have contributed start to now. And yes, it's good to know the positives as well as the negatives. Now, I can't wait to getting building our house and get over to TV.

Love ya all! Variety is the spice of Life!
Old 07-08-2011, 09:10 AM

With everyone else, I think this is a very needed thread.

Russ, you won't have to tell me a thing. I do the evaluations when new people try out for a team. And if I don't do it, I know all the people who do...

I know you can't keep your mouth shut so just know I'm done with you!!! See you at try-outs.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:25 AM
Sage

Quote:

Russ, you won't have to tell me a thing. I do the evaluations when new people try out for a team. And if I don't do it, I know all the people who do...

I know you can't keep your mouth shut so just know I'm done with you!!! See you at try-outs.
Wow. I'm impressed. I heard Hugo Chavez has what is likely to be terminal cancer and Venezuela might be in need of a new dictator.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:

Do you have this same attitude when you work at the rec centers?? You must be a big help...
Old 07-08-2011, 12:32 PM
Sage

You won't have to hear me Larry. That's my real pic. I don't hide anything.

But if you are the person doing the evals then why don't you fill us in on the procedure. I'm sure other newbies want to know. I thought it was open and all get placed somewhere. But Spring said "just try to get on a softball team". And you didn't disagree with that so what is the truth? Somewhere in-between? Curious minds want an answer and it seems you are the person who would know.

FYI: I'm sure I'm not that good so place me in a real casual league where we can have some fun
Old 07-08-2011, 01:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
Russ,
Just FYI -how do you write 3,793 posts during those work hours ??
Topicop says that this thread isn't about how many people post or how often.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:28 PM
Sage

Well, here I go again.

What I hate about TV is that I am not living there yet.

Frank2: Posted on 8/23/07

Re: EVERYBODY SEEMS TO LOVE THE VILLAGES, I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HATE BESIDE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've lived here for seven years and can tell you, if you're not happy here you'll be disappointed in heaven.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:55 PM
Gold member

Quote:

OUCH! You must be one of the nicer people?
Try and get 8-10 hours of sleep at night so you can wake up happy and refreshed.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I like the fact that we're hearing some negative comments as well as positive ones. It's true that life is what you make it. But The Villages isn't for everyone. I don't think people with honest, negative opinions should be discouraged from expressing them.

I've lived in two resale communities in TV. It takes a while to fit into the existing neighborhood, but it will happen if you remain positive and are friendly to everyone. There are always new people buying resales and moving into the neighbourhood looking for friends. Most neighbourhoods seem to have a monthly street party. The pool is a great place to meet new friends. With regard to joining teams, whether sports, cards, or other --- it may take you a few months to get comfortable and fit in. If you meet someone grumpy one day, the next day you'll meet someone warm and wonderful! Sure there are some cliques in TV. But there are also tons of people wanting to make new friends. The key is having patience.

Deviating from topic, I think that nurses are angels. They do crummy jobs that most of us wouldn't want to do, usually with empathy, grace and humor. Thank you Russ.
Agree with all of the above.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:24 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithwand View Post
OUCH! You must be one of the nicer people?
Try and get 8-10 hours of sleep at night so you can wake up happy and refreshed.
this is nothing compared to the hatemongers on the casey anthony threads.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:29 PM
Sage

"Can't we all just get along?"
Old 07-08-2011, 03:36 PM
Sage

"Why can't we friends"?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.