Everybody seems to love The Villages, I would like to hear what you hate beside

Closed Thread
Old 07-10-2011, 07:50 AM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James
Default Gate keepers?????

Per Tony - Administrator:

Springfield and Shadow are free to post here, and if you don't agree with them you may post your findings as well.

It is not the job, however, of either Golf-Tinker or gracie to frisk people at the door or attempt to run them off. Please stop that. The forum is open to everyone and we have not appointed any gate keepers.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiefox10 View Post
Tony, I don't know what you will do to me for asking... but I don't understand this comment either. Springfield comes on this site again and again and taunts people with what we all know to be untruths and when asked about it he doesn't answer. I believe he has several profiles on this forum and trolls to incite people and you called down the two people who questioned this? After you call Golf-Tinker and Gracie down he comes back on to taunt them as well and you say nothing????

Really????

I know I will be put in time out for this one... but inquiring minds want to know.....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you, Angie...........yes, we DO want to know.....because with you.
It's so nice to have another POSITIVE person on this forum.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:26 PM

If you enjoy walking to shopping, look carefully before you buy. Unfortunately, I didn't & now have to drive everywhere.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rismom26 View Post
If you enjoy walking to shopping, look carefully before you buy. Unfortunately, I didn't & now have to drive everywhere.
Hi rismom and welcome to TOTV.

Can you elaborate at all on your post? I'm curious to know what happened.

Thanks -
Bill
Old 07-18-2011, 05:31 PM
Default Everybody seems to love the Villages, LOL

By the way, I don't happen to love the Villages. Too many things have to be redone, due to shortsightedness on the part of the powers that be. My husband's health is much better here, mine is worse, no stairs for built-in excerise, no reasonable destination to walk to & I don't play golf.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:42 PM

We wish we were told that it got cold enough in TV to scrape your windshield.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
By the way, I don't happen to love the Villages. Too many things have to be redone, due to shortsightedness on the part of the powers that be. My husband's health is much better here, mine is worse, no stairs for built-in excerise, no reasonable destination to walk to & I don't play golf.
I am sorry you don't like it here. I am wondering what things have to be redone, I am so taken with this place.

We arrived early Saturday morning, have moved into our rental and our new home already has the walls up.. We are ready to be year 'rounders here.

I guess it depends if shopping is the only reasonable destination. I could walk to Colony if I wanted to walk that far from our recent home in Hadley. They had art classes there that I enjoyed. It makes me sad to hear that someone is "stuck" in a place that is not right for them.

Do you have allergies Rismom? I do, and they are much worse here. I need to see if I can start taking desensitation shots really soon.

I guess there are ups and downs to anyplace, even this place that in my mind is "lower Paradise". (Pturners apt description).
Old 07-18-2011, 05:54 PM

Quote:
We placed having a walking destination very high on our list of must haves. We found that the new homes had limited walking destinations so we only looked at resales.
We purchased a resale and walk our poodle to SS twice a day. Up north she only gets one walk a day so she loves TV too.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:59 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbirdtobe View Post
We placed having a walking destination very high on our list of must haves. We found that the new homes had limited walking destinations so we only looked at resales.
We purchased a resale and walk our poodle to SS twice a day. Up north she only gets one walk a day so she loves TV too.
Walk to Spanish Springs or LSL. Walk to stores on 441 Walmart or what have you. I am still a Wannabee and hate walking lol
Wanabee future TVer
Old 07-18-2011, 06:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbirdtobe View Post
I guess I don't understand the destinations aspect.

When I'm at my home in TV my wife and I walk everyday. Sometimes it's 2 miles but other times it is 5. We don't go anywhere in particular but the journey is the attraction.

I find TV to be the most available exercise place I've ever been. We walk, bike, swim, play (sometimes all in the same day).

But I hope you can find your own joy.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Sounds like marital differences.

The New to Golf School has been great for friends who had never played golf before. They now play well after a few months, have standing golf dates with their own friends, and can join their spouse in couples' and other outings. None of that would have happened if they'd dug in their heels and refused to try something their spouse likes and that is social.

http://www.golfthevillages.com/golf-.../newtogolf.asp
Old 07-18-2011, 08:08 PM
Sage

We are building and it happens that we can walk to the stores, the rec center, the pool and the country club. I understand there is a walking trail close as well!!!

I also agree... I just like to walk.... to ... well .... walk! I don't have to be going anywhere...

OK... I lied... at my age... a bathroom is always a good destination!
Old 07-18-2011, 08:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
We are building and it happens that we can walk to the stores, the rec center, the pool and the country club. I understand there is a walking trail close as well!!!

I also agree... I just like to walk.... to ... well .... walk! I don't have to be going anywhere...

OK... I lied... at my age... a bathroom is always a good destination!
That works... unless... Sometimes I have to run to the bathroom.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
That works... unless... Sometimes I have to run to the bathroom.

No kidding!!! AND... Don't make me laugh!!!
Old 07-18-2011, 11:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
No kidding!!! AND... Don't make me laugh!!!
I know where all public restrooms are in the northwest suburbs of Chicago. . I've been thinking about publishing such a map for all mature ladies. How would such a map go over in TV? Or the The Villages Marketing department could print restroom icons on the $5 map. Just a thought...
Old 07-19-2011, 12:25 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
The Villages Marketing department could print restroom icons on the $5 map. Just a thought...
The Villages Florida For People? The Villages Florida For Dogs?
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.