Everybody seems to love The Villages, I would like to hear what you hate beside

Closed Thread
Old 12-19-2011, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
Um....you seem to be a little jealous???? I'll have you know that my husband and I have worked VERY hard to get what we have. The thread is about what we like and don't like about TV and I happen to love where my lot is and my home is going to be. I was voicing my opinion about what worked for us as far as noise and close neighbors. Yes, a larger lot and a bigger home may not be for everyone but to my husband and I it's our dream. We are proud of what ever home we choose to build as others are proud of their homes. Be it Cottage homes, designer homes or premier homes they are all what each individual has chosen. We can't wait to join our neighbors and become part of TV. Our excitement has made us like kids! Sounds like you don't really like hearing about what other people are doing. I suggest with your attitude, you lay low because nobody is going to want to be around you. Hope your not my neighbor! We are happy people and enjoy hearing about what everyone else has built and their ideas. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for us and we are happy to tell everyone about it! I'm not going to apologize for what I can afford.....
I meant no offense, at my age, everyone is a "Dearie".

The thread is about what people don't like about The Villages. From your posts I understand that you do not live here now. The comments were about the "small" lots. I thought maybe you didn't understand that for some people that's what they can afford.

My apologies if I offended you.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Village Girl View Post
I meant no offense, at my age, everyone is a "Dearie".

The thread is about what people don't like about The Villages. From your posts I understand that you do not live here now. The comments were about the "small" lots. I thought maybe you didn't understand that for some people that's what they can afford.

My apologies if I offended you.
Apology accepted. I did take offense to Dearie! My grandma didn't even call me that! Anyway, onward and upward. For the record, I think many lots in Florida, in general, are very small. The state is such an attraction to so many people that they have to put homes close together so we may enjoy the weather, the palms, the ocean and all of the things Florida has to offer! In Upstate NY we have very large lots. I was unsure if I could live such a close proximity to my neighbors anywhere because we have grown up with much larger lots. I guess it's something I'll get use to. Afterall, we love TV for all it has to offer! Appreciate your response. Enjoy your home and have a Merry Christmas!
Old 12-19-2011, 07:25 PM

I agree with Happinow. We should all be proud of what we accomplished and where we are going to be. TV is a planned choice for us and I believe for others in TV. We will all have precious memories of where we lived and what is left behind. Haven't come across anything I dislike yet and if I do so what.
Vera and I are looking forward to another chapter in our lives and are anxious to do so.

Mike
Old 12-20-2011, 08:22 AM
Default Living on the golf course

Quote:
That's very nice dearie, but not everyone can afford to live on a golf course, on a large lot, and build a pool. Many people come here to enjoy the lifestyle and are just happy to be here regardless of what lot they are on or what they have or don't have.

But we appreciate your input and will be looking forward to continued postings of your fabulous home, pool, hot tub, golf course view, and lack of neighbors. Always a joy to read your posts!
Dears, I appreciate everyone's input but I fail to see where I said anything about being happy with what you have or being proud of what you earned in life. In fact it appears to me that I stated just the opposite.

I was simply pointing out the reason many people don't live on a golf course lot in a cul de sac is because they can't afford it. I thought maybe the poster wasn't aware of that. The topic was about living on a small lot. Maybe there was some confusion about "what I hate about TV" and "what I have".

I have found that many people believe that everyone who lives here is loaded with money and can afford anything and that the villas are simply "winter homes" and that simply is not true.

But let the crucifixion continue.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:41 AM

Please accept my apology this was not directed at anyone. Just how I as an individual feel. I respect everyone's opinion. I look forward to meeting all and sharing the excitement.
Old 12-20-2011, 09:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,355 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Dears, I appreciate everyone's input but I fail to see where I said anything about being happy with what you have or being proud of what you earned in life. In fact it appears to me that I stated just the opposite.

I was simply pointing out the reason many people don't live on a golf course lot in a cul de sac is because they can't afford it. I thought maybe the poster wasn't aware of that. The topic was about living on a small lot. Maybe there was some confusion about "what I hate about TV" and "what I have".

I have found that many people believe that everyone who lives here is loaded with money and can afford anything and that the villas are simply "winter homes" and that simply is not true.

But let the crucifixion continue.
Time to let it rest, you apologized.........................
Old 12-20-2011, 10:27 AM

NO, YOU let it rest!
Old 12-20-2011, 10:29 AM
Default Don'cha just hate....

....when someone posts to drop something thereby bringing it to the top again?
Old 12-20-2011, 11:26 PM
Gold member
Default What I will miss!

Ok guys! I'm hungry!

How about no more Buffalo Hot Chicken Wings, No OutBack near Colony, No Heides HotDogs, No Quaker Steak and Lube.

I am going to miss my local hangouts when I move.

I hope to find some local rib joints. Hate is a bad word but I am dissapointed after three visits in not finding a Wing Hang Out!

All my Harley Riders may help us out!
Old 12-20-2011, 11:56 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarGuys View Post

Ok guys! I'm hungry!

How about no more Buffalo Hot Chicken Wings, No OutBack near Colony, No Heides HotDogs, No Quaker Steak and Lube.

I hope to find some local rib joints. Hate is a bad word but I am dissapointed after three visits in not finding a Wing Hang Out!

All my Harley Riders may help us out![/QUOTE]

I'm sure the Village Nomads would know some good rib and chicken joints. You know us Harley people know how to eat good and have fun. When we get to TV the first group we will join is the Nomads.

" Get your motor running headed for the highway, looking for adventure in whatever comes our way "
Old 12-21-2011, 09:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarGuys View Post

Ok guys! I'm hungry!

What are wings? They must be local to your area up there near Buffalo.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:23 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
What are wings? They must be local to your area up there near Buffalo.

Here you go Gracie.

I believe this started in Buffalo, hence Buffalo Wild Wings.

Wing is a chicken wing section (drumette or flat) that is traditionally fried unbreaded and then coated in sauce. A lot of places, especially sports bars offer this type of meal.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 12-21-2011, 09:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
Here you go Gracie.

I believe this started in Buffalo, hence Buffalo Wild Wings.

Wing is a chicken wing section (drumette or flat) that is traditionally fried unbreaded and then coated in sauce. A lot of places, especially sports bars offer this type of meal.

ummm 2B? I was just a funnin' a bit to Car and to SwimDawg.

and to you.

Gotcha!
Old 02-27-2012, 08:52 PM
Default Hate?

I hate the lines at the restaurants....but love just about everything else!

Old 02-28-2012, 07:14 AM
Default About the forum....

What I dislike about the forum: If you post something that is of concern to you, within 5 minutes you will have someone jump down your throat. It seems that some people can't wait to lash out at whatever you posted. If you have nothing to add that can be helpful why not just move on to a post where you can help?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.