Everybody seems to love The Villages, I would like to hear what you hate beside

Closed Thread
Old 02-28-2012, 07:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by archerlc View Post
What I dislike about the forum: If you post something that is of concern to you, within 5 minutes you will have someone jump down your throat. It seems that some people can't wait to lash out at whatever you posted. If you have nothing to add that can be helpful why not just move on to a post where you can help?
Archeric,

I understand your feelings about this, but remember, it is a place for people to post their opinions, which may differ from yours. Almost certainly someone will not agree with how you feel. That doesn't mean you are wrong or they are right. It doesn't mean that most don't agree with you. It does mean that many are not diplomatic and a few are just mean and contankerous.

I find that the anonymity seems to be a catalyst for speaking out without any consideration for others ....sometimes. And yet many people who don't give us a clue to who they really are, (a picture of themselves or part of their name) are very kind and logical and considered in their posts.

It is a new way to communicate, an internet forum and it has a little different rules than speaking face to face. I hope you will continue posting.

Kindest wishes,

Gracie. who sometimes disagrees and who is frequently wrong.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanofarctv View Post
I hate the lines at the restaurants....but love just about everything else!

From what I hear, give it another month or so and lines will all disappear as many folks who are here now retreat to the north once again.

Suzanne
Old 02-28-2012, 11:08 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by momesu View Post
From what I hear, give it another month or so and lines will all disappear as many folks who are here now retreat to the north once again. Suzanne
And the FROGS say:

Grrrrr I hate lineups
Grrrr I hate lineups
Grrrr I hate lineups

Some year soon, all the Seasonal Residents (who own houses in TV and disappear up north for the summer) may form a Club. The SR Club may decide that all SRs should band together and stay all summer long! Can you imagine the consternation on the part of the FROGS?

No rotten tomatoes necessary, just kiddin.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

And the British and some of the Canadians say.

I hate quews...How do you spell that??? queues? Cues?
Old 02-28-2012, 02:16 PM
Platinum member

Re: the lines, queues, whateveryoucallthem... it's really no different than a beach community in the summer, or Park City in the winter, or a University town from September to June. The local residents learn to deal with it... usually. Heck, I've even been known to cook during snowbird season! It's true!
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida
Old 02-28-2012, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbyduff View Post
I love you guys...

I just posted the only negative post I have ever put on this site but someone wrote something negative about TV. He wanted to have his bass boat in the driveway, "tasteful art" in his yard and a fence around his property and is rethinking his wanting to move here because how dare TV not allow any of that. Anyway...got my dander up and I posted a negative comment! Then I came in here and read Kahunas post and now everything is back to being right with my world!!
And this is exactly why we want to move to the villages....convenances...we have em here supposedly but they are not enforced and the neighborhood has slid so far downhill its not funny. Month and a half...farewell crappy neighborhood!!
Old 02-28-2012, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momesu View Post
From what I hear, give it another month or so and lines will all disappear as many folks who are here now retreat to the north once again.

Suzanne
Ahaha...thats what it was...snowbirds! We visited 4 feb weekend to check out the villages for our upcoming move and could not believe how packed restaurants were!!! So this really is a winter month thing and not a whole year thing. Very good to know.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diskman View Post
I started this thread on August 20, 2007 and it is still going strong
When you started this thread,it seems it was sooooooooooooooooo long ago, that the "Dead Sea was only sick,your school had no history classes, and the key on Ben Franklin's kite was to your house."I might be exaggerating just a little,but it sure seems that long ago.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uujudy View Post
Heck, I've even been known to cook during snowbird season! It's true!

Old 06-15-2012, 03:33 PM
Send a message via AIM to gg

I can not believe this post has been going for so long....I can not read 81 pages so I will reply to a few that I have read.

What do I like about the villages....everything

I did note that people commented about the restaurants and road being crowded in snowbird season but that is why we are able to have so many restaurants here...they make their money those 4 months and we get to enjoy them all year long. And compare the prices of drinks and dinner where you use to live...we have great bargains. The roads have been expanded because of all the traffic and again it is better for all. I love the villages and can't wait to be here all year long.
Old 06-19-2012, 04:14 PM
Default Don'T Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host View Post
We encourage people to be honest here. Honesty is not negativity. Although some people think it is. "Hate" is a strong word. It has been made even stronger since "hate" is now a federal crime when it comes to actions against people.
What i think is wrong and i don't like is when people come down to the squares
2 and 3 hours before an event And tie off chairs and put cushions on them And go off and then showup when the music or whatever starts WHY IS THIS ALLOWED
FT BENJAMIN HARRISON
FT LEE
TAIWAN
QUI NHON VIETNAM 66-67
Old 06-19-2012, 04:26 PM

I moved here from Tampa Bay to get out of the "Rat race" Seems to me that some people are still in a hurry to get anywhere.I think speeding here (cars and carts) is annoying. A lot of people have brought their bad driving habits from other states and cities.We move here to slow down and enjoy ourselves.Everything is close by 10 miles more or less no need to speed.
Old 06-19-2012, 04:31 PM
Veteran member
Default what I hate???

The fact that the golf suppliers keep coming out with new and "better" equipment, and the pro shops are sooooo accomadating in having them in stock and able to fit you right now.A boy and his toys..LOL

This place is paradise, literally..I don't think ther is another setup anywhere near the size and magnitude as this is, anywhere in the world..I looked too..

relax and enjoy... you can't go wrong here..
Old 06-19-2012, 04:57 PM
Default ADMIN: Retire this Thread?

I think it's run its course. Shuffle it off to Buffalo?

Plymouth (MA)
Lexington (MA)
Old 06-19-2012, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gat0r View Post
I moved here from Tampa Bay to get out of the "Rat race" Seems to me that some people are still in a hurry to get anywhere.I think speeding here (cars and carts) is annoying. A lot of people have brought their bad driving habits from other states and cities.We move here to slow down and enjoy ourselves.Everything is close by 10 miles more or less no need to speed.
I think you hit the "nail on the head"! TV is a lifestyle change, smaller yards, smaller homes, etc. It's time folks "change" their driving habits and also remember although TV is what DW calls it "DisneyWorld for Adults", it doesn't mean act as though you are at DisneyWorld, (i.e. stop in the middle of the row when the staff tells you move all the way to the end). So, stop saving all those seats at the square; slow down to the speed limit; extend your life by slowing down everything. Enjoy the paradise you live in or visit.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.