Everybody seems to love The Villages, I would like to hear what you hate beside

Closed Thread
Old 06-22-2012, 05:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
I don't think there are any rules about putting wreaths or other decorations on your door. As to lawn ornaments that is in the covenants you signed and they are not allowed. Some may think plywood cut outs of snow white and the dwarfs is cute.....many others would not.
How about bears?

You have to admit, the cutout of the dog came out great.

The Villages Florida
Old 06-22-2012, 05:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromct View Post
KW, You mean Snow White and the 7 'vertically challenged' people...........
Personally, I think it's tall people who are vertically challenged. They're the ones who have to stoop in short spaces.

Besides... I hear they got no reason.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anlashokna View Post
And this is exactly why we want to move to the villages....convenances...we have em here supposedly but they are not enforced and the neighborhood has slid so far downhill its not funny. Month and a half...farewell crappy neighborhood!!
Same here! If I wanted to see everyone's privacy fence, or bass boat in the drive, yard or street. . . heck, I could save a lot of money and stay in Montgomery! It amazes me why someone would move to TV thinking they could change or ignore the rules and covenants they signed to adhere to.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:39 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
I don't think there are any rules about putting wreaths or other decorations on your door. As to lawn ornaments that is in the covenants you signed and they are not allowed. Some may think plywood cut outs of snow white and the dwarfs is cute.....many others would not.
That's good to know about wreaths on the door. My Miss Sam always has a seasonal wreath there.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:00 PM

Although I am leaving ... 'if you bring your own joys, your mate, your intellectual/artistic/sports/climate/physiological and dining interests there is absolutely not much you will regret coming to TV. "OK, I do miss the cold, the snow, the traffic, the state taxes, the prices of things and ...... 'but that's just me.'
Old 06-22-2012, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsliny View Post
What i think is wrong and i don't like is when people come down to the squares
2 and 3 hours before an event And tie off chairs and put cushions on them And go off and then showup when the music or whatever starts WHY IS THIS ALLOWED
why don't you do something to change it?

Can you have signs put up saying something like "no saving chairs" and when people come down early like that just move their stuff neatly to the side. What would you have to do to have signs like that put up. Or notices in the paper. If it is a problem that makes many unhappy what recourse do you have to change it?
Old 06-22-2012, 08:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by createquilts View Post
why don't you do something to change it?

Can you have signs put up saying something like "no saving chairs" and when people come down early like that just move their stuff neatly to the side. What would you have to do to have signs like that put up. Or notices in the paper. If it is a problem that makes many unhappy what recourse do you have to change it?
This is a CDD form of government. We don't vote here about things of this nature.. The people in charge must think that they cannot address all of these things, there are thousands of little things and big things that people here disagree on because we are old and opinonated.

This is sad because many of us were taught that to confront someone is very rude and many of us were taught that to throw your weight around was great. So we get the weight throwers up against the polite people and the people who were taught to win through intimidation almost always win.

This is hard for people to believe and I am danged tired of people thinking I am a wuss when all I am doing is acting respectfully. There is NO easy answer.

And even if there were signs NO SAVING CHAIRS...some people would save chairs. Makes me want to smack 'em.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:56 PM
Gold member
Location: Northfield IL, Tampa FL, Norway, Boynton Beach FL, Highland Park IL, Gilchrist soon!

Gracie, you don't seem to have any problem getting your point across! You just temper it with kindness and respect for others opinions! Wuss, I don't think so. Can't somehow see you as much of a pushover. Bet your kids don't think you are one either.... A girl after my own heart!

Wherever I am is where I'm supposed to be
Old 06-22-2012, 09:04 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
. . . And even if there were signs NO SAVING CHAIRS...some people would save chairs. Makes me want to smack 'em.
And that's a slippery slope! My folks' (now my mother-in-law's) 55+ place in St. Pete has turned into the land of "NO". There are "NO" signs everywhere. NO horseplay in the pool. NO dogs on the grass. NO feeding the birds. NO this and NO that. Everywhere you look there's a NO sign about something.

One little NO sign can lead to 100 big NO signs. I've seen it happen. The place in St. Pete is still lovely, but now it seems to be populated by a band/herd/flock/coven of grumps who spend all day dreaming up excuses for new NO signs. It gives the impression they can't get along with anybody, and it would certainly make me think twice about moving there.

GG, forget the signs and just go ahead and smack 'em.
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida
Old 06-22-2012, 09:41 PM
Sage
Default Just kidding, y'all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uujudy View Post
And that's a slippery slope! My folks' (now my mother-in-law's) 55+ place in St. Pete has turned into the land of "NO". There are "NO" signs everywhere. NO horseplay in the pool. NO dogs on the grass. NO feeding the birds. NO this and NO that. Everywhere you look there's a NO sign about something.

One little NO sign can lead to 100 big NO signs. I've seen it happen. The place in St. Pete is still lovely, but now it seems to be populated by a band/herd/flock/coven of grumps who spend all day dreaming up excuses for new NO signs. It gives the impression they can't get along with anybody, and it would certainly make me think twice about moving there.

GG, forget the signs and just go ahead and smack 'em.
Hmmm, that got me thinking. Ya know how it's always 5:00 somewhere? Well, there's always a grand opening somewhere too. Soooo, in honor of the Grand Openings Somewhere, girl's posse could organize ribbon cuttings on the square.
Old 06-23-2012, 01:59 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to Joaniesmom

The only thing I hate about the Villages is that I don't live there yet! But I'm workin' on it!

Joanie's mom
Pennsylvania, Ohio, The Villages
So happy to be here!
Old 06-24-2012, 10:58 AM

How can anyone hate TV? Even the surrounding communities love it. If you look at other retirement communities many list in first sentence... 15 min's from The Villages. or across from The Villages, or 3.5 miles from The Villages.

TV offers more ammenities for less money, and the others offer The Villages as reason to buy in their community. I just search TV now for places, since its the top selling point for other communities!!

Can't wait to get there !!
Old 06-27-2012, 03:51 PM

One way to find out what you like is to rent for a while and see what type house and what village you want.
Old 06-27-2012, 04:33 PM
Platinum member

Having started golfing again and seeing the prices of golfing here in Virginia, there ain't a darn thing wrong with TV. Springdale here we come.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posh 08 View Post
Having started golfing again and seeing the prices of golfing here in Virginia, there ain't a darn thing wrong with TV. Springdale here we come.
Now Poshie...THAT's MORE LIKE IT. YES!!!!!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.