Everybody seems to love The Villages, I would like to hear what you hate beside

Closed Thread
Old 06-27-2012, 05:59 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Now Poshie...THAT's MORE LIKE IT. YES!!!!!
You know where my heart is GG.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:02 PM
Location: Originally from PA, lived in South Jersey & presently in VA

Posh, don't mean to highjack this thread, but I see you are in Virginia. So am I - where are you?

Betty
Old 06-27-2012, 06:06 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opulence View Post
Posh, don't mean to highjack this thread, but I see you are in Virginia. So am I - where are you?

Betty
PMed ya.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:25 PM

Hello everyone, I just spent a large part of my day reading all 85 pages of this thread.
Thank you Larry (Diskman) for origionally starting it, as I have found it to be quite informative.
My dh is the pesimist, and swears there has to be something amiss somewhere. I can now reassure him that TV is what others told us was when we visited in May.
I am suprised that my dh's pet peeve was only glossed over once, and that is the bond.
We are hopefully looking to buy CYV with the bond paid, or low bond.
I was glad to hear a few others support my only concern is that there is no sun shield on any of the pools, my dermatologist was not happy that I swam laps for 9 days outside.

I would like to post what I just agreed to as a new poster, as I felt this wasn't the friendliest forum at times. Just a gental reminder to smile, and relax.t

"The main thing that makes a board a friendly place to come to is to show respect for each other. You don't have to agree with all the members, heck you don't even have to like all the members here but please show some respect for their differences, and take it easy on the new guys and gals. You were a new member at one time too.."

Thank you everyone for your frank honest appraisals of the small amount of downsides to TV.
Hope to be a home owner by next year, if the house here sells.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing Queen View Post
Hello everyone, I just spent a large part of my day reading all 85 pages of this thread.
Thank you Larry (Diskman) for origionally starting it, as I have found it to be quite informative.
My dh is the pesimist, and swears there has to be something amiss somewhere. I can now reassure him that TV is what others told us was when we visited in May.
I am suprised that my dh's pet peeve was only glossed over once, and that is the bond.
I was glad to hear a few others support my only concern is that there is no sun shield on any of the pools, my dermatologist was not happy that I swam laps for 9 days outside.

I would like to post what I just agreed to as a new poster, as I felt this wasn't the friendliest forum at times. Just a gental reminder to smile, and relax.t

"The main thing that makes a board a friendly place to come to is to show respect for each other. You don't have to agree with all the members, heck you don't even have to like all the members here but please show some respect for their differences, and take it easy on the new guys and gals. You were a new member at one time too.."

Thank you everyone for your frank honest appraisals of the small amount of downsides to TV.
Hello Dancing Queen. Excellent first post.

to TOTV. I think you'll find there are many nice people who are willing to help new people and very smart too. TV just seems too good to be true so it's understandable for someone to be skeptical. It's not perfect but darn close to paradise.

Keep on posting.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 06-27-2012, 11:13 PM

Thank you 2BTNTV.
While in TV I was in my element, I really felt I found where I belonged after all these years with the offerings of Swimming, Dancing, Clubs, and Friendly People.
I am looking forward to downsizing, and being in a close neighborhood.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:

We would love to have another Cincinnatian here. I personally would fix us all some Cincinnati Chili in case we get homesick.

This is such a wonderful place, not like the wonderful place we came from but WONDERFUL in a different way and the nicest thing is that it is like a college campus without going to class...it is great to be with your peers and to enjoy meeting so many interesting people with at least five decades of interesting life experiences.

You are right, if you are a lap swimmer there isn't an indoor pool.

Welcome to you Dancing Queen. Do you just like to dance or were you on stage at the Aronoff?

Kindest wishes.

Gracie.(From West Chester, Ohio)

Last edited by graciegirl; 06-30-2012 at 05:55 AM.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:16 PM

Graciegirl,
Thank you, we can't wait to get there.
Hee hee no the only stage I have danced on was at a performance by The Coasters, while they sang Charlie Brown after I won a dance contest. I love 50's and 60's music and Love to dance started dancing at record hops when I was 2. I danced every night I was in TV. Can't wait to get back and put on my boogie shoes.
I takes 50 minutes to get to Jim and Jacks on the River to dance, so I rarely can get dh to agree to go. Most of my friend are disabled in some way, or don't like to dance.
So obviously, that is my Favorite thing about TV.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:35 PM
Gold member

to the TOTV forum DQ.
I have a cousin in Cincy and visit friends in Waynesville about once a year. I've thought of getting a summer place there to be cool but today it's 98 degrees there. Cooler down here. Go figure!
In reality, they're different!
Old 06-28-2012, 07:50 PM

Hi CaptJohn,
Thank you for the nice welcome.
It is lovely up here, but it is currently 103 degrees ambient temperature, at almost 9 pm.
The past 4 years, it just keeps getting hotter and hotter.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:59 AM

I don't live in the villages, but just being a member of this form should tell you something about how i think about the villages. I have watched Summer County grow, as the villages expand. Sure we were woods an cow pastures before. Growth came to us via The Villages, and has and always will meet resistant from some. The Villages used a very controlled growth program, not housing project's to build a very great place to visit and enjoy. My wife and I get as much enjoyment out of the Villages as anyone. I can take my wife to the movies and you know what? It's clean, and I don't end up in an arguments with some nasty mouth punk with a chain attached from his noise to his ear. Could have went to jail that night for snatching him up by the collar and back handing his nasty mouth with my wife haven to hear that. We can eat at restaurants that offer great food. And 98% or Villages are great people, very friendly. The ones that are not so nice I meet when working in the Villages. I'm a Alligator Wrapper for the State..And some people get upset when I have to remove a Alligator from a pond. But when I talk to the an explain why,they calm down and offer me a glass of water or coke. lol. I'm stopping now, God Bless
Old 06-29-2012, 09:41 PM
Sage

Quote:

Welcome Dancing Queen,
What a lovely post. Yes we were all new members once and equally of note, the constant influx of positive new members is one of this forum's greatest attributes.

Old 06-29-2012, 09:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewalkerb3 View Post
I don't live in the villages, but just being a member of this form should tell you something about how i think about the villages. I have watched Summer County grow, as the villages expand. Sure we were woods an cow pastures before. Growth came to us via The Villages, and has and always will meet resistant from some. The Villages used a very controlled growth program, not housing project's to build a very great place to visit and enjoy. My wife and I get as much enjoyment out of the Villages as anyone. I can take my wife to the movies and you know what? It's clean, and I don't end up in an arguments with some nasty mouth punk with a chain attached from his noise to his ear. Could have went to jail that night for snatching him up by the collar and back handing his nasty mouth with my wife haven to hear that. We can eat at restaurants that offer great food. And 98% or Villages are great people, very friendly. The ones that are not so nice I meet when working in the Villages. I'm a Alligator Wrapper for the State..And some people get upset when I have to remove a Alligator from a pond. But when I talk to the an explain why,they calm down and offer me a glass of water or coke. lol. I'm stopping now, God Bless
Thank you Firewalker, both for appreciating TV and for the important service you provide.

Oh, and welcome to TOTV!
Old 06-29-2012, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
Welcome Dancing Queen,
What a lovely post. Yes we were all new members once and equally of note, the constant influx of positive new members is one of this forum's greatest attributes.

I am touched, thank you.
Old 06-30-2012, 06:30 PM

I have always said that The Villages provides everything; even things to complain about..if you so choose. I choose not to find things to complain about. Life in The Villages is like no other place in the world. You can describe it to friends, and until they come and see it for themselves, they just don't have a clue what it is like. The opportunities here are endless. And hey guys, there are some young 'uns in the hills of the hysterical..err oldest side. Just because the trees are old doesn't mean we are all old. *grins* Have a great, safe holiday week.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.