Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,022 Times in 454 Posts

Me too.
Old 09-01-2012, 09:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by diskman View Post
Those that want the answers to other peoples frustrations before making the jump
At what point in reading 900 posts do you think they will have their answer??
Old 09-01-2012, 09:29 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
At what point in reading 900 posts do you think they will have their answer??
I think different/new people come into TOTV at different times and ask the same question, so it's very helpful to have it there to read.

"Do no harm" (but take no sh**!)
Old 09-01-2012, 07:07 PM
Platinum member

I really wonder why it bothers some folks about the age or length of a thread. It may be helping some folks and is there as a reference for the forgetful.
Old 09-01-2012, 09:16 PM
Default hate anything about t.v? nope!!

There is absolutely nothing we hate about t.v. My husband and I have traveled so much in our nearly 40 years together, and The Villages is the only place I've ever been that I wanted to move to. Always loved wherever we were living...but 1 visit here was all it took for me to say, "This is it!" And we weren't even considering retiring anywhere! We're coming up on our 1 year anniversary of t.v. living, and we comment everyday how blessed we are to live here. As one fellow said to me at the pool one day, "Why are we the lucky ones (to live here)?" I don't know, but I know we're grateful every day for this fantastic lifestyle. So, get on down here, and join us! You won't be sorry! Good Luck!

After a lifetime of adventures, the adventure of a lifetime.
Old 09-02-2012, 12:55 PM
Veteran member

We don't have a Costco store.
Old 09-02-2012, 01:44 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posh 08 View Post
I really wonder why it bothers some folks about the age or length of a thread. It may be helping some folks and is there as a reference for the forgetful.
In reality, they're different!
Old 09-03-2012, 01:03 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diskman View Post
Thank you all for voicing an opinion, hopefully now my wife will accept that I have found paradise!!! :bigthumbsup: Larry
You really did. I came here reluctantly but this is where my wife wanted to live and believe me she earned it! It didn't take long for me to wake up and realize what we have here so I became a convert.

The few people that we know or who have met who left The Villages seemed to go primarily to be near family back "home"; one who thought the weather was too hot (wonder how that worked out for them?); and, one who said that they needed to live in a smaller place. That's just our experience and it amounts to five couples in seven years.

Odds are you will be very happy here!
Poughkeepsie, NY;Buckhannon, WV;Oak Bluffs, Mass;Suitland, MD;Salt Point, NY;Camp Lejeune, NC;Highland, NY;Manassas, VA;Colchester, VT;Brookfield, CT;Tucson, AZ;Brookfield, CT;The Villages, FL; Vietnam-1967 USMC
Old 09-03-2012, 02:37 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I was wondering too why it bothers some people so if someone mentions something about The Villages that is less than perfect. They take it so personally.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey100 View Post
I was wondering too why it bothers some people so if someone mentions something about The Villages that is less than perfect. They take it so personally.

I just can't help it. I love this town. This town is the closest to something I could have created for myself that is perfect. I never even knew I wanted it. The people who live here are so much like me and so many of them I have grown to love. I feel so connected to this beautiful place.

It hurts me personally when someone criticizes it UNFAIRLY. I don't mind the few little things that aren't great but when someone comes here and focuses on the miniscule and gets negative because THEY are negative in every way, I just want to BITE.

I wish that letter in response to the article from the Tampa paper could have stayed. There was so much in it that I believed in.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:03 PM
Default Reasons

Sinkholes, lightening capital, 2 years of blowing dirt, traffic and unsafe golf carts (drivers), middle of Florida is way too hot, too large a complex yet too congested, squares and most other activities open to public, too much of a bubble, crime is comparable to other areas, restaurants too crowded and lack of ocean.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by linandvin View Post
Sinkholes, lightening capital, 2 years of blowing dirt, traffic and unsafe golf carts (drivers), middle of Florida is way too hot, too large a complex yet too congested, squares and most other activities open to public, too much of a bubble, crime is comparable to other areas, restaurants too crowded and lack of ocean.
Is your house for sale??
Old 09-03-2012, 03:39 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Wow!! Crime is comparable to other areas? Where are you from in NY Hells Kitchen?
Old 09-03-2012, 03:44 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I just can't help it. I love this town. This town is the closest to something I could have created for myself that is perfect. I never even knew I wanted it. The people who live here are so much like me and so many of them I have grown to love. I feel so connected to this beautiful place.

It hurts me personally when someone criticizes it UNFAIRLY. I don't mind the few little things that aren't great but when someone comes here and focuses on the miniscule and gets negative because THEY are negative in every way, I just want to BITE.

I wish that letter in response to the article from the Tampa paper could have stayed. There was so much in it that I believed in.
I understand when someone gets angry when others disagree with one's opinion, but I don't understand your comment "someone comes here and focuses on the miniscule and gets negative because THEY are negative in every way". What makes you say they are negative in every way? Are you referring to the rest of their life? I just don't understand your comment. And I really don't know why criticisms would bother you personally? I see a lot of complaints about various issues, some I feel are warranted, others I could care less about. We all are different, come from different environments and have different expectations.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Buying your own island, maybe in the Keys, would solve all of that.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.