Everybody seems to love The Villages, I would like to hear what you hate beside

Closed Thread
Old 08-20-2007, 01:55 AM
Veteran member
Default Everybody seems to love The Villages, I would like to hear what you hate beside

We keep hearing from the village lovers(people who are happy with their choice. Other than Jan and the people dealing with the train noise (Chatham) Are there any other villages we should stay away from and why? :dontknow:
Larry & Bev!
Wanabee future TVer
Old 08-20-2007, 06:20 AM
Default Re: EVERYBODY SEEMS TO LOVE THE VILLAGES, i WOULD LIKE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HATE BESIDE

I am wondering if anyone will answer this one since it's probably considered a "negative" and politically incorrect. If anyone really hated something, they' have likely left. Several people to post with a "tell it like it is attitude" and I think that's important. Those considering purchase need to make an informed decision.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:24 AM
Founder
Default Re: EVERYBODY SEEMS TO LOVE THE VILLAGES, i WOULD LIKE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HATE BESIDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mejahu
I am wondering if anyone will answer this one since it's probably considered a "negative" and politically incorrect. If anyone really hated something, they' have likely left. Several people to post with a "tell it like it is attitude" and I think that's important. Those considering purchase need to make an informed decision.
We encourage people to be honest here. Honesty is not negativity. Although some people think it is. "Hate" is a strong word. It has been made even stronger since "hate" is now a federal crime when it comes to actions against people.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:09 AM

: JUST .... the newer the home the higher the BOND... All neighborhoods are laid out the same. You may find a younger group in the newer homes, but that is not a guarantee....

GREAT PLACE, GREAT CONCEPT..... JUST ENJOY
Old 08-20-2007, 11:29 AM
Sage

List prices can be very deceiving. Some purchasers pay off their bond immediately. Other houses have fairly large bonds. We bought a four-year old house with bond paid. Other houses on the same street have a $6000 bond.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:20 PM
Soaring Eagle member

DISKMAN
I DON'T KNOW WHERE YOU GOT THE IDEA TO AVOID CHATHAM. TO DO SO YOU ARE MISSING PROBABLY THE MOST BEAUTIFUL NIEGHBORHOOD IN THE VILLAGES..THE HOMES HERE BY AMBERWOOD GOLF COURSE ARE GEORGEOUS ,THE NEIGHBORS ARE WONDERFUL, I LIVED IN ANOTHER VILLAGE FOR TWO YEARS THEN MOVED HERE FOR ANOTHER TWO YEARS AND NOW I WOULDN'T LIVE ANYWHERE ELSE..AFTER A MONTH YOU DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT THE TRAINS..HAVING SAID THAT , I WILL ADMIT THAT I'M A LITTLE HARD OF HEARING .... ;D

THE ONLY DOWNSIDE IS IF YOU ARE A LOW HANDICAP GOLFER YOU WOULDN'T LIKE IT HERE, THESE PEOPLE IN CHATHAM ARE LOUSY GOLFERS. ;D
Old 08-20-2007, 04:33 PM
Veteran member

Sounds like my kind of village. The Golfers that is.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts
Default This Is The Toughest Question I've Seen Posted...

...because there's so darn few things I don't like about TV. Actually, there really aren't even a "few things". My wife and I like TV a whole lot more than we thought we ever would. We love our house, our neighbors, the lifestyle...basically, everything!

I feel bad posting what seems to be such a dumb answer to the question. But once you select your house, thereby getting past maybe the only negative thing about TV...lack of privacy caused by proximity to other houses, that's about it. If you're careful in choosing a house, even privacy won't be an issue.

Like our sales rep told us...sure there are grumps and grouches that move into TV. But they don't last long because they have such a hard time finding other grumpy people to associate with. They move out. Life is too short.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:53 PM

Villages Kahuna got it right. The only really negative things I have heard about the Villages is from people who don't live here, or did and moved! Like any area there are pros and cons. If you dwell on the cons, then the pros get overlooked. We have had a couple of issues that have been addressed and taken care of. I cannot imagine living anywhere else!!!

Like I have said before.....Someone has to live in Paradise and it might as well be us!
Old 08-22-2007, 11:16 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTM
Villages Kahuna got it right. The only really negative things I have heard about the Villages is from people who don't live here, or did and moved! Like any area there are pros and cons. If you dwell on the cons, then the pros get overlooked. We have had a couple of issues that have been addressed and taken care of. I cannot imagine living anywhere else!!!

Like I have said before.....Someone has to live in Paradise and it might as well be us!
Thank you all for voicing an opinion, hopefully now my wife will accept that I have found paradise!!! :bigthumbsup: Larry
Wanabee future TVer
Old 08-22-2007, 11:41 PM

I love you guys...

I just posted the only negative post I have ever put on this site but someone wrote something negative about TV. He wanted to have his bass boat in the driveway, "tasteful art" in his yard and a fence around his property and is rethinking his wanting to move here because how dare TV not allow any of that. Anyway...got my dander up and I posted a negative comment! Then I came in here and read Kahunas post and now everything is back to being right with my world!!
Old 08-23-2007, 06:46 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Sorry, can't think of anything I don't like, I'll have to think about it and get back to you.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:01 AM

I've lived here for seven years and can tell you, if you're not happy here you'll be disappointed in heaven.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:38 AM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdees
Sounds like my kind of village. The Golfers that is.
I do not play golf; but if I did, I think my initial tries would approximate my high scores in Yahtzee. My highest score now in Yahtzee in my very questionable computer Yahtzee game is 522 . Just think, I could set a whole new record on each Village golf course! :hot:
Old 08-23-2007, 10:43 AM
Veteran member
Default Re: EVERYBODY SEEMS TO LOVE THE VILLAGES, i WOULD LIKE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HATE BES

;D Well heres a BIG one! In many of the newer areas the corner street signs have the intersecting streets on the same level (vs one up higher than the other) so its almost impossible to see the name of the intersecting street as you approach the sign.

Also sure wish there were Jacuzzis at the pools (besides the ones you had to have a membership in).

I sure don't think either if these would come close to the hate word (more like room for improvement) but if anyone from TV is listening I've heard from a good source that neither of these are a problem in heaven, so this will give you something to shoot for!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.