Everybody seems to love The Villages, I would like to hear what you hate beside

Closed Thread
Old 02-01-2008, 02:39 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna
Default Re: EVERYBODY SEEMS TO LOVE THE VILLAGES, i WOULD LIKE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HATE BESIDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUSICIAN
The lifestyle
Musician..
I have to ask too..What do you hate about the lifestyle?? with nanci..I never heard this before..Please explain if you would!!

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 02-01-2008, 02:53 PM
Sage
Default Re: EVERYBODY SEEMS TO LOVE THE VILLAGES, i WOULD LIKE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HATE BESIDE

Musician must have read the question wrong.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:52 PM
Default Re: EVERYBODY SEEMS TO LOVE THE VILLAGES, i WOULD LIKE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HATE BES

I'm with Russ. Read the question wrong . . . or ~ is being a lit-tle bit playful, in a cute way. Can't wait to hear Musician's answer.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:55 PM
Default Re: EVERYBODY SEEMS TO LOVE THE VILLAGES, i WOULD LIKE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HATE BES

No, I read the question correctly. I think my answer went away from popular opinion is all. Let me break the lifestyle down into two categories -- social and homestead.

Social: Most of you describe the lifestyle in a Disney World way. I like Disney, but I wouldn't want it on a day-to-day basis. When I sit on my back porch, I don't want to hear every other back porch conversation. I like quiet, private time in and out of the house.

Homestead: Contrary to popular thinking there, the homes are not very well built. Now I realize that in a warm State without the snow, etc., there need not be the kind of insulation and other hard weather design. But these houses will fall down in the rain. I exaggerate a bit but not much.

Also, riding around on public roads in a golf cart is not my idea of peaceful living. I love to play golf, but executive courses are not what I enjoy most. The management company or in some cases builders who control TV treat the residents like children to be managed instead of homeowners requiring them to meet the needs of keeping the property.

There are other things I could mention, but I think I have expanded on my one word description more than I should have.

I am not saying it's not just fine for some folks, just not to my idea of retirement.
Old 02-01-2008, 05:05 PM
Sage

Musician,

As I've said to 'up North' friends and family, The Villages is not for everyone. For someone whose idyllic lifestyle is living in a somewhat isolated cabin in the mountains or by a lake, the Villages would seem too close and too social. Others thrive on the social interactions here.

But, I have to ask the obvious question.... if you dislike (don't want to use the word "hate") some of the very fundamental features of The Villages, why spend time and effort on a Villages-oriented website and forum?
Old 02-01-2008, 05:09 PM

Education
Old 02-01-2008, 05:34 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Education
Ours or yours?
Old 02-01-2008, 06:04 PM
Sage

Could be just viral, I do it all the time in my job but I wouldn't spend personal time on a forum where i had no intention of using the information gathered. You are welcome, of course, but why bother anymore since your mind seems to be made up against this lifestyle?
Old 02-01-2008, 06:57 PM
Send a message via AIM to LovinItAtTheVillages Send a message via Yahoo to LovinItAtTheVillages

I love it here..but of course nothing is perfect
my one "gripe" is that I live on "the other side" the original section
and it seems all the best rec centers and good things are over in the newer sections
My Hubby called to see if there is exercise equipment at Paradise Center here on our side, and they said no...Mallory and Laurel manor are closest
Just doesnt seem fair...we all pay same thing a month..( I assume?)
and we dont have the same things to enjoy here
Old 02-01-2008, 07:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
But these houses will fall down in the rain. I exaggerate a bit but not much.
I think Musician's specious comment about houses falling down in the rain shows Musician isn't for real -- just someone trying to amuse themselves making waves. :dontknow:
Old 02-01-2008, 07:24 PM
Banned

The last time I checked the US Constitution, there is a 13th Amendment which, among other things, protects folk from being forcibly kept within TV against their will.

One thing about the Planet Earth - Eden went belly-up a long time ago, and Heaven isn't located on any continent. That being said, TV - despite some hiccups - sure beats a whole lot of other spots on this Blue Marble.

And Lord love the US Constitution and the 13th Amendment - no prisoners here!
Old 02-01-2008, 07:47 PM

I don't believe I insulted anyway. Just gave my opinion. If a different idea of what retirement community should be is received with rudeness, then the friendliest hometown is not.

I have many blogs. Be assured, I will not interrupt you again. I wish you all well truly.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:50 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Good luck MUSICIAN.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:12 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna

Here we go again...The Villages Florida

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 02-01-2008, 08:32 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
I don't believe I insulted anyway. Just gave my opinion. If a different idea of what retirement community should be is received with rudeness, then the friendliest hometown is not.

I have many blogs. Be assured, I will not interrupt you again. I wish you all well truly.
Somebody comes to my house and tells me it's gonna fall down when it rains, and I'm rude?

Can't believe someone appearing so knowledgable could be so naive. I'm not sure how friendly anyone's going to be to someone who is this insulting.

I agree Musician has a right to his opinion, and can voice it here, but I have a right to mine. And if I'm feeling insulted, I have a right to not be overly friendly.

That said, I wish him the best as well in his search for a place that meets his needs.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.