Everybody seems to love The Villages, I would like to hear what you hate beside

Closed Thread
Old 03-22-2008, 05:33 AM
Eternal Member
Default Re: EVERYBODY SEEMS TO LOVE THE VILLAGES, i WOULD LIKE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HATE BESIDE

I just reread this entire thread. It was quite interesting and brought to mind several other discussions on individual topics (roundabouts, curbing dogs, etc) we're held in here. But one thought jumped out at me and I have to know. Was Musician at the Crispers get-together today???
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 03-22-2008, 11:31 AM
Sage
Default Re: EVERYBODY SEEMS TO LOVE THE VILLAGES, i WOULD LIKE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HATE BESIDE

Muncle....

No Musician....but lots of chatterers
Old 03-22-2008, 07:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I am trying so hard not to be pulled in. You are all so nice, bright, kind, articulate, and ..........Happy. My husband wants to move there. We are coming for an information gathering visit next month. Thanks for letting me listen in. GracieGirl.
Old 03-22-2008, 08:03 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Gracie, if you responded, it's too late. We already sucked you in. Now when you come to TV itself, you'll have a hard time not falling in love with it. Hope you enjoy your visit.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-22-2008, 10:09 PM
Sage

Gracie, dont fight so hard against the inevitable. You will love it here!

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 03-25-2008, 01:35 AM

I realise every dog owner feels as though their animal is the most precious thing in the world and I appreciate that.
The problem is they do not realise that there are many of use that are scared to death of dogs and would like you to keep your dog as far away from me as possible. I will cross the street but dog owners should not feel they have the right to follow me because their dog is leading them toward me, I crossed the street to get away.

So my problem with TV is dog owners!
Old 03-25-2008, 01:44 AM

Dogs
I realise every dog owner feels as though their animal is the most precious thing in the world and I appreciate and respect that, I am deathly afraid of dogs

I like to walk and when a dog owner allows their dog to invade my space when I cross the street to avoid them they should not follow because their dog wants to lick a person, not me,please.

I know every dog owner wants to parade their dog around the square, so, we do not go to the square to avoid dogs.

Over a quarter of a million people are bit by dogs each year in Florida and less then 2000 are bit by snakes you figure it out. I have a right to be able to go to the square without dogs.

TV should put one of the two squares off limits to dogs.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:24 AM
Gold member
Default Re: EVERYBODY SEEMS TO LOVE THE VILLAGES, i WOULD LIKE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HATE BES

Graciegirl,

I read what you wrote very quickly,

"You are all so nice, bright, kind, articulate, and ..........Happy. My husband wants to move there. We are coming for an information gathering visit next month. Thanks for letting me listen in. GracieGirl."

And I thought, gee she knows us extremely well and I do not recall meeting her, then I reread what you wrote.

You will fit in perfectly. Looking forward to having you join the "chat pack".

Hyacinth Bucket

Old 03-25-2008, 03:54 AM
JohnnyM

Graciegirl you are now one of TOTV peeps. You have arrived in a matter of words. Enjoy, ask questions and begin to live your long awaited dream life. JohnnyM
Old 03-25-2008, 04:12 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21345
Katie Belle's is to easy for non Villagers to get in. The checker at the doorshould check all and if people don't have ID or their guest passes they should not be let in. Just maybe there will be room for us without Dancing Bob or the Robotman or our friends from up and down 441/27.
Suggestion, get there early(5pm, or after 9pm). A guest pass is not required, you just need to be with a Villager. We know Dancin Bob does not live here but comes in as a guest of a Villager. We have never seen robotman in KB's, not that we're there every night, but we do see him often on the square. Some of the folks that come in KB's work in the Villages and it is supposedly allowed. I know of some who LIVED here, and no longer do, but use their old ID to get in. I am always asked for my ID, even after 3+ years. I think a new date sticker with the current year should be given to residents EVERY YEAR to avoid old passes being used. Mine says 2004, and if 2008 was the only acceptable ID, many EX Villagers would lose that ability. Just a thought. I love KB's and have personally seen people turned away for not having a resident ID. Because of its popularity, they should build another. If there is not enough business in summer, it could be seasonal. (IMHO I think it is much too hot for outside entertainment in summer, inside entertainment is my personal preference). I support KB's year round (I eat, drink and TIP well) and know I must get there very early some nights to get a seat. Lastly, when it is extremely crowded please no swing dancing, or jitter bug. I stay in my square foot area and am tired of being knocked around and stepped on by show offs that need a quarter of the dance floor and ignorently ignore that they slammed into me! I'm sorry, but I love when the snowflakes leave! Everything is much quieter, happier, less lines and no complaints. ;D
Old 03-25-2008, 02:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalasmith
I am deathly afraid of dogs. I have a right to be able to go to the square without dogs.
TV should put one of the two squares off limits to dogs.
Sorry Ocalasmith, don't agree with your suggestion! doh

I don't like gas golf carts. Does that mean they should be banned from any tunnel I might happen to want to use?
Old 03-25-2008, 03:25 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Ocalasmith, you have my sympathies. Being afraid of something for whatever reason is no fun. Being fearful of something most love is difficult and frustrating. However, to ask that something be prohibited because of that fear is not fair nor reasonable. I'm deadly allergic to bee stings. If I see a bee, I have the urge to run fast and far. Even so, I would never dream of asking that all beehives be destroyed, the honey farms in or near TV be banned. I accept the risk when I'm out and about and refuse to let my fear stop me from having fun. Heck, I even go on picnics and camping in places where the wasp traps are very prevalent.

While I've seen many dogs at the Squares, I have only seen one or two come up to strangers without an invitation. Most dog owners are responsible and keep their dogs on a tight lead in public. I'm sure if you were to ask a dog owner to keep their dog away from you and explain (nicely) that you're terrified of dogs, they would be more than happy to accommodate you.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-27-2008, 04:07 AM
Sage

Ocalasmith, I have to agree with Barefoot and Red. We all have our fears. I'm afraid of water, so should all the swimming pools go? It's really up to the owners to be aware and you have to make them aware of your fear. I'm sure they will accommodate. I personally love dogs and really feel sorry for you. I'm not being sarcastic. They are so full of personality and love, I feel bad that you're missing that joy.
Old 03-27-2008, 04:58 AM
Sage
Default Re: EVERYBODY SEEMS TO LOVE THE VILLAGES, i WOULD LIKE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HATE BES

Ocalasmith:

Need more info on the 2000 snake bites - seems like maybe more then I want to be associated with. How many snake bites in Sumter county per year or per day?
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 04-02-2008, 05:38 AM
Veteran member

:hot: :2cool: 040 024 wav
WOW! over 10,000 views on this topic I posted several months ago.
Maybe the administrators want to give me 3 more stars now!

This was a great topic that I started which, i believe by now has covered every issue imaginable. thanks to you all for some great topic's

Larry & Bev
Wanabee future TVer
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.