Everybody seems to love The Villages, I would like to hear what you hate beside

Closed Thread
Old 04-02-2008, 06:14 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch
Default Re: EVERYBODY SEEMS TO LOVE THE VILLAGES, i WOULD LIKE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HATE BESIDE

lol Jim, oops, sorry Chuck. I think the reference to snake bites is nationwide, not local. Ditto dog bites.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 04-18-2008, 09:30 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: EVERYBODY SEEMS TO LOVE THE VILLAGES, i WOULD LIKE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HATE BESIDE

bump
Wanabee future TVer
Old 04-21-2008, 01:55 AM
Sage

Hate is a strong word. The only thing I hate about the Villages is Leaving them. I think that says it all!

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 04-21-2008, 12:23 PM
Veteran member

I wouldn't buy a villa close to Mulberry Rec center because of the pickleball noise. I can hear it at my house but barely - however I think if I was living in the Forsyth villas it would drive me crazy.

I'm extremely happy here - can't say anymore.
Old 04-21-2008, 12:45 PM
Gold member
Default Re: EVERYBODY SEEMS TO LOVE THE VILLAGES, i WOULD LIKE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HATE BES

The first house we had ever considered in TV was at the end of Hialeah Drive off Belvedere Blvd., pricey for a Patio Villa because it was an end unit with lots of privacy (back wall against the high school fields), with a larger lot than most and wonderful landscaping. Considering we were coming as snowbirds, we thought a Patio Villa would be the home affordable by us (though we ended up with a Designer for little more than that Patio Villa--a long story...). As with the Chatham train situation, we weren't seeing that house when the high school fields were being used.

The first time we attended a club meeting at Pimlico Rec Center further down Belvedere, when we walked out of there we could hear CLEARLY the screaming going on at an event at the school fields. That has to be a good half mile away! It's not that it was unruly or anything like that; it was a large crowd of young people having a good time at a school function. BUT IT WAS LOUD, even from that distance, which left us wondering how much LOUDER it was in those Patio Villas immediately adjacent to that wall. We later noticed the same thing one evening when we stopped to pick up the mail by the Belvedere pool. I wouldn't say that we would have "hated" it, but we sure would not have been thrilled living so close to it....
Old 04-24-2008, 08:16 PM
Veteran member

BUMP
Wanabee future TVer
Old 05-19-2008, 01:51 AM
Veteran member

bump it's been a while!
Wanabee future TVer
Old 05-19-2008, 02:03 AM
mcelheny

I was lied to big time 3 years ago when I bought on the spot but it was my fault. I trusted the Village real estate agent and I was naive. I just say this so all new buyers will do their research.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:12 AM

Can you be more specific?
New Jersey
Old 05-19-2008, 11:42 AM

I don't hate the Villages. I live in Calumet and I hear the trains -- but find the sound to be very soothing. I suppose the trains are a fine complaint since you can't "fix" them. (Consider this: trains are hundreds of times more fuel efficient than the huge trucks we dodge on the interstate) Still, if you have a problelm with the Villages, most of the time it is a problem you can work toward fixing. 8)
Old 05-19-2008, 02:42 PM
mcelheny

njgranny,
I will pm you
Old 05-20-2008, 07:26 PM

:joke:
Hi all,
I am new to this board but not new to TV. We have been there 7 times so I guess we have done our homework. We have traveled the entire state and there is nothing like TV. We will be full time in 2009 and can't wait.
The only thing I can say is that being there makes :bigthumbsup:. my heart happy.
I love the environment and like others have said.. the grouches can leave and all the happy people will remain.
Keep smiling everyone.....
Old 05-24-2008, 07:01 PM
Veteran member

bump
Wanabee future TVer
Old 05-26-2008, 12:21 AM

:bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: I'm also from Northern Mn. Whoever said they were from there, I'm curious to know what city. Now, to answer the question of why we LOVE it here. Beside the year round climate, for us northerners' that was the #1 reason & secondly to be able to golf 365 days a year. Our surroundings are beautifully maintained. 95% of the villagers are very friendly, the golf carts & paths are one of a kind, & all the activities we can choose from, if anyone gets bored here, need I say anymore? I could go on & on about how great our earthly heaven is, but I think you get the picture. Sad to say though, I do have one complant & that is: the negative comments by the moaners & groaners. People like that won't be satisfied anywhere.
Old 05-26-2008, 02:59 PM

Firecracker,

That's like people who go on a cruise and complain, complain, complain. To me, any cruise, going anywhere, at any time, any size is a GOOD cruise.

But, you still find the complainers. I just try to avoid them and be happy.
New Jersey
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.