Everybody seems to love The Villages, I would like to hear what you hate beside

Closed Thread
Old 05-26-2008, 03:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Re: EVERYBODY SEEMS TO LOVE THE VILLAGES, i WOULD LIKE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HATE BESIDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by njgranny
Firecracker,

That's like people who go on a cruise and complain, complain, complain. To me, any cruise, going anywhere, at any time, any size is a GOOD cruise.

But, you still find the complainers. I just try to avoid them and be happy.

Jan.

Sit here next to me. You're my kinda girl!

GracieGirl
Old 05-26-2008, 05:58 PM
Default Re: EVERYBODY SEEMS TO LOVE THE VILLAGES, i WOULD LIKE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HATE BES

We've visited TV twice and last time we bought a house. We haven't lived in TV yet and my only concern is the humidity (and maybe the love bugs), but that didn't stop us because our living-in-Disneyland dream will come true. We visited last September and it was humid. People said the heat and humidity were unusually high for that time of year, but we found it tolerable. It was hot in the afternoon, but we just laid low and often went to the movies. The nights were beautiful... balmy. It reminded me of Hawaii. We grew up in Southern California where we just about froze to death at summer beach parties in Huntington Beach. We wore parkas and huddled around a fire pit. I'm sure Annette and Frankie got bundled up and given hot chocolate after each night scene.
Old 05-28-2008, 04:24 AM
Veteran member
Default Re: EVERYBODY SEEMS TO LOVE THE VILLAGES, i WOULD LIKE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HATE BESIDE

carizona5 We loved reading your posting as I am the one who started topic string 12,121 hits ago and we presently live in southern california. Have been wondering about the humidity question even though we have already decided we will be purchasing a courtyard villa sometime in the next 41 months and counting.
Larry & Bev :bigthumbsup: :hot: :2cool: 040
Wanabee future TVer
Old 05-28-2008, 11:48 AM
Sage

Sounds like my timeframe Diskman. It's basically torture to talk to my new TV friends through this forum while I sit in unseasonably cold weather up here in MA. It's almost June and we have a freeze warning for tonight.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:14 PM
Veteran member

bump
Wanabee future TVer
Old 05-30-2008, 09:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I have finally found something I hate. I hate when these forums are talked to death and rehashed and picked apart until we start fighting and being mean and sarcastic and ugly.

My husband always says that is getting into a :edit: contest and he is right. No body wins, and really no one loses, we all just look like idiots.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:44 PM
Sage

Gracie Girl,

I couldnt agree more, you are so right. I know i got a little carried away about the unruly kids post, thats not like me at all. It probably wont happen again for another 10 years.

I wish I could meet you too, I really enjoy reading your posts!
The :edit: posts make me crazy!!

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:35 AM
mcelheny

I hate that all the pools are outdoors.(I know the wellness ceter has one but it is expensive.) I have white skin and it would be nice for some covered or indoor pools.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:24 AM
Veteran member

YES 100% even just one in spanish springs area and one in LSL area
I have been thinking about this myself. Seems strange that none exist anywhere?
:dontknow:
Wanabee future TVer
Old 06-04-2008, 10:37 AM
Sage

Marti, that is a very interesting idea, to have some covered pools. My dermatologist has been lecturing me about staying out of the sun. Hard to do if you want to swim every day. Even with a hat and sun block, I still get a lot of sun.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:47 AM
Gold member
Default Re: EVERYBODY SEEMS TO LOVE THE VILLAGES, i WOULD LIKE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HATE BES

with what you wrote Barefoot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcelheny
I hate that all the pools are outdoors.(I know the wellness ceter has one but it is expensive.) I have white skin and it would be nice for some covered or indoor pools.
mc people of all colors can get sunburn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcelheny
HB

Old 06-04-2008, 03:09 PM
mcelheny

Good point!!I wasn't making any racist comment . My point is my skin is very senstive to sun and I have already had skin cancer so I have to be very careful. This is a doctor thing...not a racist thing.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:27 PM
Gold member

Hi mc, I definitely knew it WAS NOT a racist remark. I did not take it that way nor did I read it that way. I just wanted to encompass all of us.

My hubby had malignant melanoma - Clarks Level 3 so I know what you mean about the dangers of the sun.

HB
Old 06-04-2008, 05:52 PM

what I don't like is the people who use the post offices for their dogs dumping ground. I also don't like the medical situation here. Hard to understand the Dr.s here. I had to get three Dr's before one finally lasted long enough to stay here.

Alos do not like dogs walking around squares using every object to urinate on.

I am not a dog hater if you must know I just respect other people right to be not near them if they prefer not to be around dogs.

The golf cart trails on the north side.

Yes I have lived here many years and you wanted the things I disliked so you got them. Now don't criticize them because you don't agree with them.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:07 PM
Sage

Hard to criticize Vic - They seem like legit gripes to me assuming their veracity.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.